Bills vs Jets 4:25 PM Nov. 19 Lets move on.

Chaos

the lack of confidence in our team is palpable.  Isn't a part of the Process perseverance and Pride?

Noone on either side of the ball is going to mail this one in. A Dub would be a very welcome respite from the nagging negativity surrounding the entire franchise. 

I am hosting a game watch event with some friends. I didn't know when I planned it the team would be in such a FUNK

Yep that is what this team is right now, in a Funk.  The fanbase too. Please lets  break out of it. At home. POR FAVOR 

Noone wants this stink of being chokers and losers anymore. ENOUGH! I hope McDermott coaches his *** off. Brady too. Matthew Smiley too (special teams cooordinator)

you catch my drift? this team needs FEBREZE all this negativity and show UP on Sunday

GO Bills.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I am glad the press asked him about his brothers tweets, but the follow up question should have been along the lines of is this all his own opinion or is this him echoing thoughts from conversations with you?

That way he would have had to go on the record and state where he stands. Disappointed in the reporters for not digging further and for Diggs just not coming out and ending it.

Yesterday on Get Up they talked about the Travon Tweets - and today they are really hammering it again now after Stef's PC yesterday.  When I watched the PC I noticed some of the same things they are talking about - when asked about being unhappy he says "I'm a Buffalo Bill, I give it everything I've got, I'm a professional"  He could have just said "I'm happy here" but he never does.  He might just be playing games with the media, and for me personally I don't think it's necessarily some doomsday thing - but strange to me he could have done a lot more to put it to rest than now just inviting more speculation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ahh, some logic out of Logic.

With a win we're back to a 27% chance of making the playoffs (the Jets would drop to 4%), which is a whole lot better than where we were at this time when we ended the drought in 2017. Reminder: November 19, 2017: Nathan Peterman gets the start and throws 5 INTs. The tank was on, but it didn't work. If it had worked we probably would've drafted Sam Darnold.

Believe!!!

Only 27% chance if we win versus the Jets?  Mathematically maybe but hat sounds incredibly low considering how bunched up the AFC is.  Assume Miami, Baltimore, Jax and Chiefs win their conference,  that leaves 3 spots for Buffalo, Cinci, Pitts, Browns and the last three beat up on each other.   Maybe throw in the Raiders and Texans

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Only 27% chance if we win versus the Jets?  Mathematically maybe but hat sounds incredibly low considering how bunched up the AFC is.  Assume Miami, Baltimore, Jax and Chiefs win their conference,  that leaves 3 spots for Buffalo, Cinci, Pitts, Browns and the last three beat up on each other.   Maybe throw in the Raiders and Texans

It's running thousands of simulations that take into account the strength of the Bills, the strength of our opponents (that's the problem), and the strength of our competitors and their opponents.

So did Cincy losing to Baltimore help us? A tiny bit - I get 28% now if we beat the Jets (and not knowing any other results).

I preferred 538's model/predictor because it was more transparent and (I think) a bit more sophisticated. For example: I don't know if the NYT or ESPN models "know" that Deshaun Watson is out for the year, or that Joe Burrow is probably out for a game or two (or more), or the quality (lack thereof) of their backups. So that's a big wildcard that may not be in their model.

My big takeaways: we kind of control our own destiny in that we can get above a 50% chance (again, not knowing anything else) by winning all our remaining divisional games. Of course, that wouldn't be enough (8 wins). Can we also beat the Cowboys/Eagles/Chiefs/Chargers? History would say that in the NFL we'll win at least one or two of those. The model "knows" that. And that may be enough.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

beating the Eagles would be a miracle for this bunch. 

You shut your mouth with that negativity.  Our season is going to be like the movie Major League.

How it started.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

How it ended.

And Mac Jones was also in the movie.

giphy.gif

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 7

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Yesterday on Get Up they talked about the Travon Tweets - and today they are really hammering it again now after Stef's PC yesterday.  When I watched the PC I noticed some of the same things they are talking about - when asked about being unhappy he says "I'm a Buffalo Bill, I give it everything I've got, I'm a professional"  He could have just said "I'm happy here" but he never does.  He might just be playing games with the media, and for me personally I don't think it's necessarily some doomsday thing - but strange to me he could have done a lot more to put it to rest than now just inviting more speculation.

Stefon is a troll, always has been. If he can get the media to bite he will.

• Dislike 2

I think this team has fight in them.  They have shown in the past that they can overcome bad starts and go on extended runs to put themselves in good playoff position.

I think they'll embrace this challenge, and I plan to as a fan.  Would I have loved to roll through the season and have the playoffs locked up in a couple of weeks?  Of course.  But this kind of situation can also be fun, hanging on every game and seeing a team overcome adversity.  

It all starts Sunday.  Who knows - maybe Brady is the guy they needed.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I think this team has fight in them.  They have shown in the past that they can overcome bad starts and go on extended runs to put themselves in good playoff position.

I think they'll embrace this challenge, and I plan to as a fan.  Would I have loved to roll through the season and have the playoffs locked up in a couple of weeks?  Of course.  But this kind of situation can also be fun, hanging on every game and seeing a team overcome adversity.  

I just don't know where I find five wins on the remaining schedule.  I mean PHI, KC, DAL, MIA is brutal.  @LAC is no pushover, and the two other games I didn't mention (NE and NYJ) already beat us!  I just don't see it but would love to be surprised.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Saw Garret Wilson is questionable for Sunday, he's a Bills killer, so him out Bills will most likely win.

This game is equally "must win" for Jets.  I'd still be surprised if he didn't play.  Plus, if I read correctly, he got in Limited practice all week and no DNPs.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You absolutely need to throw in the Texans and almost guarantee them a spot. Their schedule is advantageous to say the least and they are very hot.

Just now, BobBelcher said:

This game is equally "must win" for Jets.  I'd still be surprised if he didn't play.  Plus, if I read correctly, he got in Limited practice all week and no DNPs.

Probably won't be at 100% if he does play so that should help. Even though he hasn't been great lately they still have to worry about Breece.

2 hours ago, Success said:

Don’t try to sweet talk me out of MY depression, mister.  

• Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, major said:

And most of us (myself included) will stop and watch this car wreck on Sunday. We know we should keep driving and not look, but we will just to see how bad the wreck is 

more ammo for next weeks emo fest on the boards or a victory and brief respite

• Haha (+1) 1

Too much negativity these days. Things are still more positive than 2001-2018. You know what's ironic about most of Josh's haters in the media? They never played football. 

The stage is set. Mahomes, Saleh, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Chris Jones, and the list goes on, they all know Josh is an elite QB and many have reiterated that this week. Pressure makes diamonds. The stage is set for Josh to play the best game of his career. 

My serious prediction: Josh throws for 6 TD's, runs for 1 TD, and zero interceptions. Will be beautiful fall weather for a great kickoff time.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You shut your mouth with that negativity.  Our season is going to be like the movie Major League.

How it started.

How it ended.

And Mac Jones was also in the movie.

giphy.gif

I'm crying inside.  That CLOWN beat this team.  Worse than 12 men on the field on that final drive

4 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Too much negativity these days. Things are still more positive than 2001-2018. You know what's ironic about most of Josh's haters in the media? They never played football. 

The stage is set. Mahomes, Saleh, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Chris Jones, and the list goes on, they all know Josh is an elite QB and many have reiterated that this week. Pressure makes diamonds. The stage is set for Josh to play the best game of his career. 

My serious prediction: Josh throws for 6 TD's, runs for 1 TD, and zero interceptions. Will be beautiful fall weather for a great kickoff time.

Go Bills!

I like the optimism but not going to happen against this Jets defense. I do think the Bills will win. Going with 16-13. Another low-scoring hard-fought battle against the them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Go Bills!

Many would say I'm one of the biggest Josh homers on this message board.

Your prediction against this Jets defense is insane.

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'm crying inside.  That CLOWN beat this team.  Worse than 12 men on the field on that final drive

Nah man, it's not even close really imo.

I mean even taking into consideration Jets are division rival that Z. Wilson leading at QB managed to win that game as close as it was, there wasn't any definitive moment where it was clear inept coaching that played a big factor in that loss.

Now I can honestly say what was witnessed against Denver is something I can't recall ever seeing before. To be more clear, I'm not talking about just the 12 on the field, that's not what I'm referring to. It's the moment in the game when and how it happened in that type of scenario. Making it worse is Denver already did the same thing before the half and knew it was coming again

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Nah man, it's not even close really imo.

I mean even taking into consideration Jets are division rival that Z. Wilson leading at QB managed to win that game as close as it was, there wasn't any definitive moment where it was clear inept coaching that played a big factor in that loss.

Now I can honestly say what was witnessed against Denver is something I can't recall ever seeing before. To be more clear, I'm not talking about just the 12 on the field, that's not what I'm referring to. It's the moment in the game when and how it happened in that type of scenario. Making it worse is Denver already did the same thing before the half and knew it was coming again

I mean ffs why do you even sub in the block unit on a mayday field goal. The chance of you blocking it is MAYBE 2-3%.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, uninja said:

I mean ffs why do you even sub in the block unit on a mayday field goal. The chance of you blocking it is MAYBE 2-3%.

micromanaging McDermott at his finest   I just listened to Greg Cossell and evidently the Jest offense hasnt scored a offensive td in 36 possessions?

The Jets have never seen a Joe Brady Offe - - oh, he said it’s not a Joe Brady Offense? It’s a Buffalo Bills offense? - - well they’ve seen that. Nevermind.

(File size too large but) anyone seen the practice photos the Bills uploaded 1-2 hours ago? The first one is Allen smiling while handing the ball out like “here take it” which is just too fitting.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Many would say I'm one of the biggest Josh homers on this message board.

Your prediction against this Jets defense is insane.

Maybe. We'll see if whether it was Allen the figured out, or Dorsey. 

3 hours ago, extrahammer said:

most of Josh's haters in the media? They never played football. 

When did this become a qualifier? Most of the people who criticize anyone haven't done that thing. Most of the people who criticize my field haven't done it. Most people who criticize the President haven't been President. Does that mean we can't assess whether or not they are doing a good job? Certainly doesn't seem to stop anyone. Media or not.

I know I hang on Cris Collinsworth and Tony Romo's every word. They played football after all.

15 minutes ago, finn said:

Maybe. We'll see if whether it was Allen the figured out, or Dorsey. 

And if it's Dorsey they need to fire the offensive quality control people too because self scouting is their job. If the league figured out the offense they should be seeing it. But then again what do I know about football.

Edited by That's No Moon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.