DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

4 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

really? they didnt allow a TD on any turnover if Im not mistaken.  I think they said Denver started on the Bills side of the field like 6 times and got 6 points, but yeah, the defense played the entire game bad.......

Yeah, all that's true but Denver is a terrible football team that we couldn't get off the field.

We are supposed to have a better defense than most of the league even with injury. We have all these pretty stats, EPA, etc. but the defense has multiple chances to win this game and end last night and didn't. It has happened, what, like 3 times this year? Jacksonville? New England? The the NY?

They got lucky against the giants, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think this move means McDermott is on the hot seat if things don’t improve at least.  They weren’t gonna fire the head coach until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs 

Highly, highly doubt this. He is under contract through 2027. Maybe after next season

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m concerned that Dorsey was running the type of offense that McD expects.

Guess we will see.

McD has now on his 4th offensive coordinator, 2nd defensive coordinator, 3rd Special Teams coach, 3rd o-line coach, 4th WR coach…

Where does the buck stop?

4 OC's when you have a franchise qb in place really speaks volumes

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

McDermott is like someone on their 6th marriage... "it's def not me"

He's like a guy who plans out every detail of the family vacation but blames everyone else when it doesn't work out like he planned. 

He's the Clark W. Griswold of head coaches. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

This firing was not just McD’s doing.  If he even had any choice in the matter.

It was probably at the insistence of Beane.  He has given McD a team that should be much better than their record, he ain’t going anywhere.

Or it could have come from Terry. He knows he needs a good team going into the new stadium with the prices he is going to charge. The new stadium will buy him a year as everyone will be curious to see the place. Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off then there will be empty seats all over the place for a bad team at those prices. This is also why I think McDermott is under pressure to turn it around now.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

This team's problems go well beyond Dorsey. He wasn't responsible for 12 men on the field for that FG.

This game shined an enormous spotlight squarely on McDermott, and they go and get rid of the OC.

This will do nothing to change the direction this team is headed in. Maybe it helps Josh a bit, but not enough to fix this team and the issues in all three phases, plus coaching ineptitude. 

We understand this. I think everyone does. But the offense has clearly been off since last season when Dorsey took over. Make this step first. See what happens. McDermott knows he is next 

• Agree 2

You don’t change someone like McDermott unless he loses the locker room. 

all this “he leans too much on the offense stuff” is just projection.  All HCs set general guidelines for what the offense should look like season to season. That’s something McDermott should and will continue to lean into, agains he’s a Head Coach. He owns the complementary part of the game. 

Dorsey was clearly not giving McDermott the offense he wanted. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, boater said:

All these people celebrating "McDermott on the hot seat"  ...LOL.

He's on no hot seat. He has a guaranteed contract through 2027. He's not sweating anything.

Sweet. That stupid bastard gets a free pass to ***** up until 2027 I guess.

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I like this, better now.  If the team still looks lethargic, then there is only one reason: McD.  I figured McD would keep him around to make him the "fall guy" at the end of the season.  

My only question is what does Joe Brady bring along with this losing record from Carolina over Dorsey

32 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

really? they didnt allow a TD on any turnover if Im not mistaken.  I think they said Denver started on the Bills side of the field like 6 times and got 6 points, but yeah, the defense played the entire game bad.......

You can’t blame this huge hearted yet depleted defense for that loss. When the offense couldn’t produce dick and got off the field so fast that put huge strain on this D and they still played a pretty damn good game overall. The blame for this loss is the offense and dreadful special teams play. Yes they didn’t tackle well but MCClappy garbage schemes and sending all out blitz at the absolute wrong time several times last night helped nothing. There needs to be way better play in the other 2 phases. Defenses should never play with short fields and should have rests while the O operates.  None of that happened.

Edited by 26TrapDraw
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It needs to be said, overall the offense has been the problem this season, and not the defense. And that’s surprising considering how badly our defense is injured. The defense tends to play with some fire and aggression. The offense is scatter brained and lethargic. 

The D has lost 2 of the games by not stopping bad offenses from sub 2 min drives. Inexcusable. Magnamous issues on D as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t even hate the blitz call.  Wind shifted, the kicker could hit from 55, and I objectively feel like Taron turned his head on the PI and that the call was marginal.  It just didn’t work out our way.  Or maybe it did, but we screwed it up by failing counting class.  Whatever.  The result is the same.  Another game frittered away. 

Special teams have not been special all season and punter very average.  

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

He's like a guy who plans out every detail of the family vacation but blames everyone else when it doesn't work out like he planned. 

He's the Clark W. Griswold of head coaches. 😂

You guys act like the bills haven’t been wildly successful under McDermott 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

I hope it was uncomfortable, like finding out your maid has been using your tooth brush as a toilet cleaner uncomfortable. 

i bet it was finding out that your wife was hooking up with the maid uncomfortable.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, yall said:

This might be good. If we continue to be terrible for the remaining seven games, maybe McDermott will finally get fired too.

Yeah, Maybe the offense wakes for a game because of the situation but I doubt the interim coach is going to make a major difference.  Teams know what to do to stop us.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 1

1. Leslie Frazier is essentially fired.

2. Ken Dorsey is fired.

3. ?

The Emperor McDermott has no clothes. Stop blaming Josh for a massive systemic failure of leadership that rests at the feet of the Emperor.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Comebackkid said:

My only question is what does Joe Brady bring along with this losing record from Carolina over Dorsey

Hoping he really is just an interim OC.  Maybe by years end the Bills organization can rid itself of the entire Carolina crew.

Just now, boyst said:

Yeah, all that's true but Denver is a terrible football team that we couldn't get off the field.

We are supposed to have a better defense than most of the league even with injury. We have all these pretty stats, EPA, etc. but the defense has multiple chances to win this game and end last night and didn't. It has happened, what, like 3 times this year? Jacksonville? New England? The the NY?

They got lucky against the giants, too.

One thing I agree with McD about is the complimentary point.  He sees it more as, for example, the offense needs to take four minutes, score a touchdown at the end of the game last night, and choke out the Broncos.  I see it has the whole operation doesn’t compliment itself so well when Josh isn’t pulling miracles out of his rear (the miss on fourth and 1, if hit, might change the game).   We lost that cheat code, and the whole thing is a struggle.  Compound that with a distracted HC, and the little things (attention to detail all over the place, from 12 men to inconsistent discipline, to Phillips almost giving away the Bucs game with the stupid facemask) going awry and everything is like running through mud. 

9 minutes ago, boater said:

All these people celebrating "McDermott on the hot seat"  ...LOL.

He's on no hot seat. He has a guaranteed contract through 2027. He's not sweating anything.

What does his contract have to do with his job security? You act like Pegula hasn’t paid several coaches between both the Bills and Sabres to not coach the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.