Fire McDermott - 12 On the Field INEXCUSABLE

WEATHER DOT COM

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Three losses on defense & special teams.  Jets, NE & Denver......  But don't foget the "Process"....

Josh has to take a huge the blame for Jets. Yesterday was a mess from the offense all round. If they played to just an average level we would have won both. 

The Pats... yeah, how they allowed them to get to 29 was a joke.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh has to take a huge the blame for Jets. Yesterday was a mess from the offense all round. If they played to just an average level we would have won both. 

The Pats... yeah, how they allowed them to get to 29 was a joke.

Regardless the Defense or where McD has made his mark has let the team down over and over.  Three games ended with the defense on the field. 

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Regardless the Defense or where McD has made his mark has let the team down over and over.  Three games ended with the defense on the field. 

They should have lost to the Giants as well - only avoided it due to a missed DPI. And they came so close to allowing another Hail Mary against the Bucs.

Unless the offense gives them a double digit lead for the final drive, the defense cannot cope, that much is true. And we've seen that with key components available so it isn't just down to injuries.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, phypon said:

They even called a timeout the play before, lol.  Good God!!!

This is the most inexcusable part of all. They are going for a FG, They are kneeling down. Why in the F would you not have the correct 11 men on the field for both downs? 3rd and 4th? No need to substitute at all (unless of course they had 12 men on the 3rd down play too?).

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bingo! We can all go back and forth all day long about different things that happened throughout the course of the game but football is a situational strategy game. It all comes down to what you do in the second half of the fourth quarter….and the Bills (McDs) defense has been nothing short of a situational disaster. They HAD TO get off the field on that last drive, and yet again, they couldn’t. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Yeah this is the season that Rex and Greg Roman may not be so bad. The team should be playing more conservative since the QB is a bit of a mental case right now. Not blaming him solely for last night though. but the first halves have been atrocious 

i was thinking about that during pregame coverage listening to cilps from mcdermott.

i actually think i preferred rex to mcd in pressers and all because at least rex was entertaining and lively without the canned responses.

7 hours ago, NoName said:

And hire who?  I get it, this loss sucks.  We aren't out of it yet.  The offense did some good things.  Josh and Cook handed the ball over way too many times and we still almost won.  The Broncos beat the chiefs not that long ago.  No changes til the end of the year.  And that's only if there needs to be.

Screw it, hire the crew from Cover 1. 

That would be fresh and innovative 😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

I always wondered (and kind of dreaded) what the back end of 'the process' and 'family, faith, and football" would look like.  

In this league, to stay good, these franchises need to be ruthless and make hard decisions at certain points.  The right players need to be identified and kept, but others need to be allowed to walk to pursue bigger contracts or get traded.  Free draft picks for replacements.

Everyone there from coaches on down are way too comfortable, and that probably includes the quarterback who has lost his way and my eyeballs say he seems to have lost fire and motivation.  Everyone is fat and happy, getting older and brittle.  The coach seems to be getting more and more rigid and stubborn, circling his wagons if you will.

Our ownership will not make any meaningful changes.  McDermott and Beane are teflon.  I will say there might be only 1 win remaining on the schedule, and frustration and drama could bubble to the surface, and maybe that would force a coaching change.  To be honest, as a Sabres fan, I do not really trust Pegula to make any decent hires.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not so fast. The lame coaching staff had TWO timeouts to explain to their team what they wanted them to do. I’m guessing that they didn’t. McD is a moron. 

Yes, McD needs to go, but if all the other guys who aren’t part of the FG Block team knew to get off the field, then the one guy left is the problem. 

34 minutes ago, boyst said:

i was thinking about that during pregame coverage listening to cilps from mcdermott.

i actually think i preferred rex to mcd in pressers and all because at least rex was entertaining and lively without the canned responses.

Been saying it for weeks,  McD is a tight ass.  Everything he says is canned and politically correct.  Sometimes the media even tries to joke and make him crack a smile or laugh and he is just wound too tight.  Doesn't make him a bad coach, but it shows the type of environment he creates around that facility.  Look at coaches like Pete Carroll, Mike McDaniel, Dan Campbell, Reid, Siriani, etc.. They keep it loose and speak honestly... guys like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Been saying it for weeks,  McD is a tight ass.  Everything he says is canned and politically correct.  Sometimes the media even tries to joke and make him crack a smile or laugh and he is just wound too tight.  Doesn't make him a bad coach, but it shows the type of environment he creates around that facility.  Look at coaches like Pete Carroll, Mike McDaniel, Dan Campbell, Reid, Siriani, etc.. They keep it loose and speak honestly... guys like that.

Completely agree, and it’s obvious the QB/coach combo ain’t working.  We are finding ways to lose every week with turnovers and poor end of game execution and would be 3-7 if refs didn’t miss a blatant PI and Godwin turned his head around. We are now 7-14 since 2021 in games decided by 7 points or less.  

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes, McD needs to go, but if all the other guys who aren’t part of the FG Block team knew to get off the field, then the one guy left is the problem. 

Floyd being on the field as the 12th man is a huge mistake by the player assuming the worst but this team just has a lot of execution problems when it comes to the little details and situations that come up during what are critical moments in the game.  In all phases of the game.  That screams of a lack of preparation and making sure every player knows what their role is or isn't in every situation.  The big problem is things have fallen apart to the point of no return for this staff.  And its sounding like the HC is demanding accountability from everyone but himself. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Completely agree, and it’s obvious the QB/coach combo ain’t working.  We are finding ways to lose every week with turnovers and poor end of game execution and would be 3-7 if refs didn’t miss a blatant PI and Godwin turned his head around. We are now 7-14 since 2021 in games decided by 7 points or less.  

the coach is a chump. if josh was playing like that i would have 100% approached Josh in the game. no one did. not one sole was shown and i would 100% bet that means no one on this team or staff talked to him to slap him around.

jeff saturday used to rip manning a new arse whole. countless OC's tore into big ben.

that mcdermott just won't grow a pair like he pretends he has and approach josh is laughable.

mcd probably forgot he has a scrote.

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tomlin seems a lot like McDermott in that he is also wound tight. Yet he wins close games almost every single week.

I'm not ready to jump on the "Fire McDermott" train quite yet, but I'm going to be very interested in seeing how the rest of the season goes.  

At this point, I would insist on a new OC and new DC.  Those are both non-negotiable IMO.  I would not be opposed to a change at HC if that's what Pegula decides to do.  We know we're going to have some roster turnover this year, especially in the secondary, so it's not a totally inopportune time to make some coaching changes.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'm not ready to jump on the "Fire McDermott" train quite yet, but I'm going to be very interested in seeing how the rest of the season goes.  

At this point, I would insist on a new OC and new DC.  Those are both non-negotiable IMO.  I would not be opposed to a change at HC if that's what Pegula decides to do.  We know we're going to have some roster turnover this year, especially in the secondary, so it's not a totally inopportune time to make some coaching changes.

He doesn't have to be fired now, but what recourse do they have? How many times does he need to crumble before we realize that he can't function in high pressure situations.  He's a good DC, maybe even great, but he can't juggle the responsibilities. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Tomlin seems a lot like McDermott in that he is also wound tight. Yet he wins close games almost every single week.

Tomlin is so overrated.  He has basically no post season wins since Bill Cowhers players left.  He is always put in that category of great coaches yet never gets any scrutiny for lacking post season success.  They have won like 3 playoff games in 10 years and he has had a ton of above average players.

• Like (+1) 1

When a team continues to make the same mistakes week in and week out that falls directly on the coaching. A coach is there to serve and direct his players. When that is properly done the players fall in line and back their coach because the ultimate goal is winning games. This is not a lack of talent, it is purely a lack of effective and accountable coaching.

26 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Tomlin is so overrated.  He has basically no post season wins since Bill Cowhers players left.  He is always put in that category of great coaches yet never gets any scrutiny for lacking post season success.  They have won like 3 playoff games in 10 years and he has had a ton of above average players.

But he does have a Lombardi. He may be overrated but he is still a good coach.

29 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Tomlin has 33% of our talent, Pittsburgh has a -26 point differential, yet they are 6-3 and in prime position for a wild card.

That is quality coaching.

The Bills have plenty of talent, but can't tackle, can't catch, can't count to 12.

That is garbage coaching.

what noone is saying today is that this debacle occurred under the bright prime time lights of MNF

It's ******* embarrassing..

and the commericals with Von and Stefon are cringe to me now too. So much hype so  many mistakes.  blech

19 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Does Beane go too?

Beane put together the best roster in the NFL.  He didn't throw stupid interceptions, turning down wide open James Cook in the open field, lets throw into double coverage instead.  He didn't drop balls.  Beane didn't miss tackles.  He wasnt the 12th man on the field.  He didn't call for an all out blitz. 

Beane is the best thing the Bills have going for them IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.