That tackle by Linval Joseph though

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, 14774 said:

The highlight of the game!

Yes, in itself.

But also showed us that the defense is still doing the things needed to win games, to step up.

The offense cannot, despite a lot of talent, and that is what is making the players look so dejected, shocked even.  So many obstacles are placed in their way that they CANNOT succeed.  They are losing hope, and dangerously, their confidence, as for some that may never come back fully. More than any other reason that is why a breath of fresh air is needed today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

high crotch to single leg take down! Wrestling for the win

You beat me to it BB.  I just saw the highlight and thought of my wrestling days.

The defense is doing the best they can even with three devastating losses in Tre, Milano, and Jones.  Douglas and Joseph may replenish. to some degree, but the original three are not easily replaced.

As Mister Defense pointed out, the offense has been anemic and gets three and out way too often.  It stresses the defense being on the field for so long.  In the Bengals game, our defense was on the field in the first half for 21 minutes.  

I’ve been resistant to jump on the fire Dorsey rhetoric, but I’m coming around to it.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, colin said:

crazy how he was just sitting out there and is better than more or less any other line man we have in that game.  what the hell is the FO doing?

It takes two for a deal to get done. Didn’t he sign around a similar time with PHL last season ? These vets aren’t looking to sign with a team early. They wait for a call from a contender - probably after the trade deadline - then play half a season and make bank $$. It’s a smart strategy for older vets. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It takes two for a deal to get done. Didn’t he sign around a similar time with PHL last season ? These vets aren’t looking to sign with a team early. They wait for a call from a contender - probably after the trade deadline - then play half a season and make bank $$. It’s a smart strategy for older vets. 

sure, but it's more a comment about how trash the players we added in the offseaon are.

hines and harty and ford combine to make what hopkins makes.  even if hines was playing, we aren't getting jack out of these guys.  i bet if we had hopkins we'd have at least two more wins.  instead we have gadget guys who aren't good and we don't use anyhow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

According to the salary cap tracker we’re paying him $522k for the remainder of the year - pretty good deal.

1 hour ago, colin said:

crazy how he was just sitting out there and is better than more or less any other line man we have in that game.  what the hell is the FO doing?

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah not sure what the holdup was.  Just saying I wish they could have added him sooner.

13 minutes ago, bills742 said:

I'm wondering if Joseph is having second thoughts about joining our team considering he was waiting for the right opportunity to go on a Super Bowl run... 

If another contender was truly interested and offered him a contract he probably would have took it over the Bills.

There's a reason guys like were still on the street at this point of the season but hopefully he can bring something to the table down the stretch even if it's a lost season.

Kinda impressive/sad that a veteran player who has been sitting on the couch for months makes the best ,most impressive tackle of the game for our defense. It was rough and aggressive but clean tackle. Just the kind of tackle to rough up Burrow. Its too bad that the rest of the defense couldnt get a sniff on sacking Burrow in that game. He looked far too comfortable all night!

18 minutes ago, bills742 said:

I'm wondering if Joseph is having second thoughts about joining our team considering he was waiting for the right opportunity to go on a Super Bowl run... 

It just shows how many games can be affected by just one or two plays a game and why so many claims refs bad calls can also change things. 

They got him to stuff the run, and he stuffed Burrows while at it ha ha.

I expected to see more of him later on.

The whole DL looked like a juggernaut in the first 5 games. WTH happened? It seems they all have little nagging injuries that diminish their play. Rousseau and Floyd aren't scaring anyone of late, and certainly not Von. AJ still seems to put decent pressure. I'd use him more till the others heal up. Oliver seems like Davis: big game or invisible. Philips used to be good, not he gets tossed around, I don't get it. Hopefully Joseph creates chaos. 

McD never blitzed so much... and it's not even getting pressure! Something is going on. Bernard, Milano, White gone. It's all real bad, but it has little to do with the DL pressure. 

I think that both Joseph and Douglas could be very helpful acquisitions.  I don't know that they are the equals of the two injured players, Jones and White, but they're good enough that the holes left by Jones and White are mostly filled.  They contributed in the Cincinnati game.  I think they'll help even more going forward.  Now, if we had someone to fill the hole left by Milano. . .   

2 hours ago, bills742 said:

Reminds me of this meme from this week...

i4ue3iekw0zb1.jpg?width=500&auto=webp&s=

13 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

The whole DL looked like a juggernaut in the first 5 games. WTH happened? It seems they all have little nagging injuries that diminish their play. Rousseau and Floyd aren't scaring anyone of late, and certainly not Von. AJ still seems to put decent pressure. I'd use him more till the others heal up. Oliver seems like Davis: big game or invisible. Philips used to be good, not he gets tossed around, I don't get it. Hopefully Joseph creates chaos. 

McD never blitzed so much... and it's not even getting pressure! Something is going on. Bernard, Milano, White gone. It's all real bad, but it has little to do with the DL pressure. 

Because we're down guys at DB and Coverage LB, teams are getting the ball out in like 2.0 seconds flat.

Floyd is still wrecking house, they even showed a couple of his rushes on replays this week. But by the time he can get a hand on the QB, the ball is already out because coverage isnt holding up.

Most of the guys (not named Von) are still in there and beating their blocks regularly. We just cant get there in the 2 seconds we have.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, colin said:

sure, but it's more a comment about how trash the players we added in the offseaon are.

hines and harty and ford combine to make what hopkins makes.  even if hines was playing, we aren't getting jack out of these guys.  i bet if we had hopkins we'd have at least two more wins.  instead we have gadget guys who aren't good and we don't use anyhow.

Hopkins chose the bag over the Bills.. not much they could do there. 

Monstrous. Also afraid it’s too little (not the best way to describe Linval) too late but it’s insane that he just came out of his home and did that. Hope they can keep it going just so he continues to have reason to play and we see more.

Edited by Nelius

18 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You beat me to it BB.  I just saw the highlight and thought of my wrestling days.

The defense is doing the best they can even with three devastating losses in Tre, Milano, and Jones.  Douglas and Joseph may replenish. to some degree, but the original three are not easily replaced.

As Mister Defense pointed out, the offense has been anemic and gets three and out way too often.  It stresses the defense being on the field for so long.  In the Bengals game, our defense was on the field in the first half for 21 minutes.  

I’ve been resistant to jump on the fire Dorsey rhetoric, but I’m coming around to it.

When they said they went away from the hurry up because they wanted to try other offenses, i got my pitch fork out.

if you watch cover 1 they  show the flaws of Dorsey s offense in that he doesn't scheme players open and doesn't use plays to set up other plays latter in the game.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If another contender was truly interested and offered him a contract he probably would have took it over the Bills.

There’s just absolutely no way to know this and you’re not even trying to provide any evidence whatsoever to support it. Can’t tell if just dumb or a half hearted effort, but it’s definitely a completely unnecessary take. 

10 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

If you don't have pressure up the middle from your DT's, your DE's will look pedestrian.  Hopefully Joseph gets more snaps and we can return to the chaos we created weeks 2-4.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.