11/5/23 Week #9 SNF GAMEDAY Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's no pressure. Like the Sabres in Toronto last night.

I've been saying this all day. And some of the more level headed talking heads have been saying Buffalo isn't going to be pushed over and some even say they'll win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

I gotta think, if we lose tonight, I think the team will start to crumble. I think the team at that point would give into the thought that the Bills missed their SB window

While a loss tonight would really hurt their playoff chances, they would still only be 1 game behind Miami.  Their chance of winning the division would still be very viable.  So I don’t see how team’s psyche would crumble. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

While a loss tonight would really hurt their playoff chances, they would still only be 1 game behind Miami.  Their chance of winning the division would still be very viable.  So I don’t see how team’s psyche would crumble. 

Saw a graph posted where a loss drops the Bills playoff chances from 80% to 60%

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

True, but Sabres always play Toronto tough. I just don’t see how our defense is keeping Cinci under 35.

I understand what youre saying, but the Bengals have only scored 35 or more points 6 times dating back to the beginning of 2021.

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

A lot of projection in that post you quoted. Geez. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So? There's people who live to 100 who smoke cigarettes

And people who die of lung cancer who never smoked

I think it's more genetics than anything

Genetics are effected by environment and behavior.  It’s both. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The funny thing is that the Bengals actually need this game more than the Bills do. If they lose, it would put them in last place in the division and three games behind Baltimore. 

This is an overlooked fact leading into this game. Their goose will nearly be cooked, even in the wild card race, with a loss to the Bills tonight. 0-4 in the AFC will be nearly impossible to overcome considering they have the hardest remaining schedule in the league

• Like (+1) 1

Hope I am wrong, but I don't see why this game would be any different than the last two against them. Particularly concerned with Bills CB's against Bengals receivers. Of course, both lines were dominated by Cincinnati last year (Bills are still minus Miller, given what we've seen on the field).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, par73 said:

Hope I am wrong, but I don't see why this game would be any different than the last two against them. Particularly concerned with Bills CB's against Bengals receivers. Of course, both lines were dominated by Cincinnati last year (Bills are still minus Miller, given what we've seen on the field).

I’ve been thinking the same all day, but a random feeling came over me that old prime time Josh Allen is coming out tonight. I suddenly have a good feeling about this one, but your take is quite reasonable as well. 

15 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

I believe it's slightly less than that, at least for how this week ends. I expect the Jets will beat the Chargers tomorrow, so a loss would likely leave us 9th in the AFC and 3rd in our own division. 

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I gotta think, if we lose tonight, I think the team will start to crumble. I think the team at that point would give into the thought that the Bills missed their SB window

Project much?

Just now, Simon said:

Project much?

He is the commander of the weenies.

1 minute ago, boyst said:

I am so in on that if they are pounding Miami tonight. I think I like those odds. No way Miami wins tonight. 

Earlier today of course.  Sorry if I confused you.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

That's probably true, but I don't see Miami holding up down the stretch with their schedule. So I don't think it will matter as much as some think.

Hoping for a big win though so none of that matters. 

You know, if they lose tonight, no one will care if they beat the Broncos next week. Or the Jets the week after. It would take them beating the Eagles for the sporting world to start showing the Bills respect again. I'd like to say I don't care what the media and fans think, but it does make life more pleasant when the known world thinks your team rocks. And it's pretty miserable to see nothing but "Bills suck" articles and posts. 

In short, I hope they win tonight. 😁

I look at tonight as a free game.  Figure to lose on road against hot team.  If they happen to win, makes up to some extent for Pats loss,  If not, they have several games to get it back.  Must win/should win are next two games,  Pats at home that gets to 8 wins.  Then got to find 2 wins from tonight, KC Philly Dallas Miami and Chargers.  Given the state of the AFC, 10 wins should punch their ticket, probably division if the beat Miami.  Challenging but doable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

You know, if they lose tonight, no one will care if they beat the Broncos next week. Or the Jets the week after. It would take them beating the Eagles for the sporting world to start showing the Bills respect again. I'd like to say I don't care what the media and fans think, but it does make life more pleasant when the known world thinks your team rocks. And it's pretty miserable to see nothing but "Bills suck" articles and posts. 

If the bills lose tonight, and look bad doing it, I don’t think anybody around here will be overlooking the Broncos game. I know I won’t.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

Even with a win media wont give Bills love   Got to keep the narratives going

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I don't see Miami holding up down the stretch with their schedule. 

Jets twice, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills…. first time I’ve checked their remaining schedule, the way people talk around here they have a cakewalk scheduled, that is not a cakewalk 

• Agree 1

The importance of tonight's game can not be understated. If we do not take care of business tonight, the unbelievable is possible. 

A Jets team with no Qb to speak of would need to grind out another win against a Chargers team that gives games away, to move into second place in the division. 

It feels impossible to me for this to happen, but it's the reality right now and one I'm not fond I'm thinking about. 

Lets hope for a great game and a victory tonight which will launch us to first in the division. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Jets twice, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills…. first time I’ve checked their remaining schedule, the way people talk around here they have a cakewalk scheduled, that is not a cakewalk 

If we win tonight, I'll feel great about winning the division.  Miami is a pretender.  The Bills aren't - they've looked shaky most of the season so far, but they're still a far more serious contender than the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.