Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think you see this with vets with the new PS rules post covid. Where a guy like Fournette, AJ Klein, or even Manzc might prefer the Buffalo practice squad. But a young guy in the league will almost always take his shot. 

Right. But other teams arent trying to sign Klein to their rosters, or Mancz, or even Fournette. No one is CHOOSING to stay on the practice squad instead of an active roster spot...

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It doesnt happen because teams dont try to poach guys they know will choose to stay. Not because players dont choose to stay.

I disagree. What player is choosing to stay on a practice squad over signing with an active roster of another team? That MAY BE the case for a one to two week time period where the team whose practice squad the guy is signed on has an agreement "we will activate you as soon as you learned the playbook" type deal. But its not like NFL practice squads are filled with guys choosing not to sign onto active NFL rosters lol 

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

"Guys, Beane is asleep at the wheel"-clueless BBMB trolls

when the Bills signed Douglas  I wasn't aware that Beane was being criticized. Then I realized why. Those troll posters were blocked  by my ignore list. 🤭

probably Bills mafia facebook trolls though. BBMB is so 2017 

Edited by muppy

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Right. But other teams arent trying to sign Klein to their rosters, or Mancz, or even Fournette. No one is CHOOSING to stay on the practice squad instead of an active roster spot...

I disagree. What player is choosing to stay on a practice squad over signing with an active roster of another team? That MAY BE the case for a one to two week time period where the team whose practice squad the guy is signed on has an agreement "we will activate you as soon as you learned the playbook" type deal. But its not like NFL practice squads are filled with guys choosing not to sign onto active NFL rosters lol 

Other teams arent trying to poach Klein, Mancz, Fournette etc because they know those players will choose to stay where they already chose to sign as a FA. Plus, I'd bet there are a lot more feeler conversations happening than we ever know about.

That is my and Mango's point.

Kinda chicken or the egg at this point.

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

The situation with Fournette might be different, he may be on the PS while he gets familiar with the offense then he'll get brought up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Other teams arent trying to poach Klein, Mancz, Fournette etc because they know those players will choose to stay where they already chose to sign as a FA. Plus, I'd bet there are a lot more feeler conversations happening than we ever know about.

That is my and Mango's point.

Kinda chicken or the egg at this point.

You HONESTLY think AJ Klein would choose to stay on Buffalo's practice squad rather than sign to an active NFL roster? 

What is happening right now? 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The situation with Fournette might be different, he may be on the PS while he gets familiar with the offense then he'll get brought up.

Listening to Beane, he has made it a point of emphasis in multiple interviews that the Fournette signing was a "we will see". He used the words "no promises" in at least two separate interviews. 

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

I can't believe Linval Joseph was just sitting around waiting to be signed. Didn't even realize!

Love the pickup but now I'm kinda pissed we've been rolling with the turnstiles at DT this whole time while he was out there, lol. 

Omg right?!!  We may have won two extra games with him and Suh on our DL.  

How is a contender, like the Bills, Settling for Pooa, when veteran all pros like Joseph and Suh are unsigned!?!?

it’s angering and also punny.

(see what I did there!?)

• Sad 1

Just now, peterpan said:

How is a contender, like the Bills, Settling for Pooa, when veteran all pros like Joseph and Suh are unsigned!?!?

(see what I did there!?)

"Takes two to tango"

Sounds like Joseph has found his niche and a pretty sweet gig as a guy who gets signed in November, gets to skip camp and early season BS, only play 10 games, and still get paid millions of dollars.

These guys probably werent champing at the bit to sign anywhere until they found a team that really needed them.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

(see what I did there!?)

Likely that they didn't want to attend camp and were happy to wait until a contender who needed a starting DT wanted them 

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

LMAO!  The Parab Operator responded to the tweet and said the equipment is worth more than him so he was determined to keep it intact.

6 minutes ago, peterpan said:

(see what I did there!?)

Because you can't sign a player in the offseason that only wants to join in the middle of the season?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"Takes two to tango"

Sounds like Joseph has found his niche and a pretty sweet gig as a guy who gets signed in November, gets to skip camp and early season BS, only play 10 games, and still get paid millions of dollars.

These guys probably werent champing at the bit to sign anywhere until they found a team that really needed them.

Yea.. big body DT seems like that sweet spot where teams can sign you for the last half of the season and you can still command decent money because 1) DL can be sign & play, without a ton of integration and 2) Big DT’s are not plentiful in the NFL.. if you’re one of them, and keep yourself in shape, there will always be a need mid-season.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Maybe. New stadium on the way. Huge prices increase for season/individual tickets are coming as well as PSL fees. Terry needs a good/competitive team going into the new stadium if he wants strong ticket sales at those prices.

Well, he's got a good/competitive team. I'm wondering if it's more the human element in play. Terry realizing he's not getting younger. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

What happened to Elam? Did the yoga matt strike again? Maybe we should sign that to the 53 man roster? 

He’s not contributing and wasn’t going to be any time soon. Meanwhile , the team needs reinforcements for the stretch run. So Kaiir goes to IR to make room for a player at a position of need. Great job of filling holes resulting from injury by BB. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think these signing show they don't have faith in Poona either.  Joseph plays his role.

The comment I responded to was advocating cutting Settle and Ford. I don't think we should cut Ford. He is decent depth. He is not a good starter, though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.