Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

Well… that takes care of my two biggest worries. It’s a bummer that Milano is out, but we were going into the season thinking lber was our biggest weakness anyway. Luckily Bernard turned out to be much better than we thought, so it’s basically like the start of the season. One good lber. 

Every team has a weakness, and at least we expected this one, though not the position we expected. 

For a team that had "No money" Beane did well.

Rasul Douglas

Leonard Fournette

Linval Joseph

Seeing Beane pressing so hard to replace from the outside instead of letting "next man up" dwindle the season is refreshing. Wonder if there's more pressure behind the scenes to win now than in years past?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

No time on PS to get back in shape and learn playbook?

His job is to be fat and occupy blockers. If he is in shape I would think he could suit up Sunday. Pretty sure last year he signed with Philadelphia mid week and played that weekend.

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hell yes!!  Huge body in the middle that can clog up running lanes!!

This is the player I wanted them to get...will give us what we are missing from DaQuan against the run at least, not as much pass rush upside but whatever, he can off the field on 3rd downs...

Elam to IR was kinda foreshadowed by Beane yesterday

Yeah both moves were foreshadowed.........the only big DT's of note on the market were Joseph and Suh and Suh has been connected to the Ravens for weeks so it kinda' had to be Joseph.

• Like (+1) 1

I love this signing and I hate that Elam is going to the IR.  I wish they would have made this deal last week so that he would have been here for a whole week of prep and would be ready to go sunday, he is exactly what they need to take away that inside run from mixon.

Sal said he is on the 53 and thinks he will play sunday.  So I guess we will see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hope to get at least one more.  I would be fine with Settle and Poona inactive or even cut.

Poona Ford played pretty well last game. Settle has been a big disappointment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

He is obviously older but takes fantastic care of himself. My favorite all time ECU Pirate and an awesome human being. For what we are going to ask him to do he will be a great fit.

I remember him being great on the field. But I own nothing of him personally. I hope this all works out!

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

I love this signing and I hate that Elam is going to the IR.  I wish they would have made this deal last week so that he would have been here for a whole week of prep and would be ready to go sunday, he is exactly what they need to take away that inside run from mixon.

Sal said he is on the 53 and thinks he will play sunday.  So I guess we will see.

He should play on Sunday. He just has to occupy space.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For a team that had "No money" Beane did well.

Rasul Douglas

Leonard Fournette

Linval Joseph

Seeing Beane pressing so hard to replace from the outside instead of letting "next man up" dwindle the season is refreshing. Wonder if there's more pressure behind the scenes to win now than in years past?

Maybe. New stadium on the way. Huge prices increase for season/individual tickets are coming as well as PSL fees. Terry needs a good/competitive team going into the new stadium if he wants strong ticket sales at those prices.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BRH said:

Well, I think he's one of those older dudes that seem to show up every November in search of a(nother) ring.  I'm fine with it.  Less wear and tear means he'll be fresher in January. Plus, you don't want to foreclose options and flexibility at the trade deadline. 

Yeah he and Suh both went to the Eagles last November when their D-line got banged up and their run defense was a sieve.   They weren't world beaters but they helped them get thru the season/playoffs.   That's what the Bills need.   This defense is a good fit for Joseph.   Hopefully he still has some left.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He should play on Sunday. He just has to occupy space.

I understand but no matter who you are to get on the field with nfl athletes and take contact over and over requires some build up and tolerance.  

Hopefully he can give them 10 to 15 snaps  though

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Hey he was pretty solid player wonder why he went unsigned probably just his age as he did play a lot for the eagles down the stretch last year 

When you're in the twilight of your career, got a bag or two and a ring you earn the right to be picky.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Maybe. New stadium on the way. Huge prices increase for season/individual tickets are coming as well as PSL fees. Terry needs a good/competitive team going into the new stadium if he wants strong ticket sales at those prices.

They will just sell more tickets to ticket and travel agencies selling to opposition fans.

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Yes, because the winningest team in the NFL since 2020 hasn't been any of those things already.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I see people saying "hes just a DT, just needs to occupy space, should be able to play as long as he comes in shape"...

I HOPE he plays Sunday, same with Douglas, but im not optimistic on either.

Being in shape and being in NFL football shape are way different. Assuming hes been lifting/running/taking care of himself, that is a long way from the physicality of an NFL game. Even if he only plays 15 snaps or so. I'd hate, and I am sure the bills staff is thinking about this, to lose our 3.7 million dollar "fix" at DT because we rushed him onto the field. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.