Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

Hell yes!!  Huge body in the middle that can clog up running lanes!!

This is the player I wanted them to get...will give us what we are missing from DaQuan against the run at least, not as much pass rush upside but whatever, he can off the field on 3rd downs...

Elam to IR was kinda foreshadowed by Beane yesterday

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Big guy, been in the league since 2010. Never had more than 4 sacks a season but he has two pro bowls and a Super Bowl ring under his belt (2011 with NYG).

He is not a pass rusher, this dude is a run clogger that will allow Oliver and the backers to stay clean.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Simon pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, uninja said:

I like the move, it plugs a massive hole in the roster (pun intended).

Just hope he's got enough left in the tank to be a difference maker for the rest of the season.

Played very very well in Philly last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

This is a great signing, as long as he can get into game shape and has enough left in the tank for the second half of the season and a playoff push. 

He is obviously older but takes fantastic care of himself. My favorite all time ECU Pirate and an awesome human being. For what we are going to ask him to do he will be a great fit.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I hope to get at least one more.  I would be fine with Settle and Poona inactive or even cut.

Hope it's Suh.  Ioannidis fits the mold of what we usually have- smaller and a penetrator.  We have enough of those.  We need beef, I'm tired of being pushed around up front.

• Agree 4

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

I can't believe Linval Joseph was just sitting around waiting to be signed. Didn't even realize!

Love the pickup but now I'm kinda pissed we've been rolling with the turnstiles at DT this whole time while he was out there, lol. 

Seems to be a new strategy the last few years with older players where they wait until mid season and then sign with a contender to try and win a SB rather than go to a crap team for the whole year in FA.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

I can't believe Linval Joseph was just sitting around waiting to be signed. Didn't even realize!

Love the pickup but now I'm kinda pissed we've been rolling with the turnstiles at DT this whole time while he was out there, lol. 

Well, I think he's one of those older dudes that seem to show up every November in search of a(nother) ring.  I'm fine with it.  Less wear and tear means he'll be fresher in January. Plus, you don't want to foreclose options and flexibility at the trade deadline. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.