Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

We need new blood at WR next season, sadly our 1 & 2 are Imo playing hurt, and it shows, fingers crossed Diggs and Davis are healed up enough to be effective for the Miami game, we are gonna need all our guys making plays next week!!!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Douglas is absolutely a key to the Corvette and a difference maker. This defense is so much better than the unit playing in the Snow against Cincinnati last season.

I don’t know if within a month, Milano can get back to participating in anyway (that’d be inspirational for this club), but Douglas is far better than what Tre would’ve been at this point. Bernard is far better than Edmunds. Benford better than last year. We love Taron when he’s not covering a speedster’s go routes. Oliver is a BEAST. DJ92 is BACK! 

l like our personnel on defense. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I sure as heck was wrong about this guy, wasnt thrilled with giving up a 3rd, because I havent liked Beane trading away 4ths in the first round, but again I was way wrong on this one.  Guy is a baller and we havent missed Tre one bit.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Both Douglas and Joseph have been excellent trades.  Now we have Jones back which basically puts Ford, and Settle on the bench.  We’ve gone from this on the line to fantastic depth.  Ford and Settle could start for half the teams in the NFL.

Joseph came in as a free agent, not via a trade. But agree about the DT depth. Also, Eli Ankou is a quality player, and Phillips might be back if they go deep in the playoffs. A shame about Von Miller; if he were healthy, this would be the best DL in the league. 

Edited by finn
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/31/2023 at 2:35 PM, Ramza86 said:

My Brother and a good friend are big Packers fans. They are laughing at me right now.

EDIT: After further discussion with them, they are putting most of the blame on their DC...but they are still very happy to get a 3rd. 

If they’re still laughing at you, it must be for a different reason.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:37 PM, Mynamemike said:

I’m good on watching the packers.  I’ll take your word for it.  Look forward to seeing our new number four corner 

Man you doubled down! 

3 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

I sure as heck was wrong about this guy, wasnt thrilled with giving up a 3rd, because I havent liked Beane trading away 4ths in the first round, but again I was way wrong on this one.  Guy is a baller and we havent missed Tre one bit.

I said this dude would be a perfect scheme fit for the Bills but not even I could have foreseen the impact he has had.

8 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

If they’re still laughing at you, it must be for a different reason.

Man you doubled down! 

Lol I know man I already repented weeks ago!  Couldn’t have been more wrong and I’m ok with that 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/21/2023 at 2:07 PM, NewEra said:

I disagree.  There’s more to it than capitalizing and getting turnovers. Getting beat for TDs is the anti-equivalent to getting turnovers.  Douglas is more susceptible to giving up TDs. Benford is also a better tackler. 

I’ll take Doiglas at this point, but I disagree that “it’s not close”.  McD certainly disagrees with you too

It's not close and I don't think anyone disagrees right now.

27 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Who is Addison?  Mario Addison has been gone the last 2 years. 

Sorry, I meant Jordan Phillips. In my small mind, the twin consonants in each name mean they're the same name, or at least they recall each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

It's not close and I don't think anyone disagrees right now.

“ Right now” wasn’t the last week of november when I had posted it, while Douglas was still getting accustomed to the play book and playing with the other DBs.  That was the premise behind my statement. I’ve said countless times since the day the trade was made that we have our CB1 in Douglas, signifying that I think he’s better than Benford.  

At the time of the trade, Douglas had given up 4 20+ yard passes, 2 40+ yards passes and 2.5 TDs.  He was having his worst season as a packer.  Another reason for my post.  Luckily for us, he’s reverted back to his 2021 play and hasn’t given up much

To his credit, Benford has also forced 3 turnovers over the last 4 games.  He’s playing great ball and is a better tackler than Douglas.  Douglas has the superior DB DNA and instincts.  

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“ Right now” wasn’t the last week of november when I had posted it, while Douglas was still getting accustomed to the play book and playing with the other DBs.  That was the premise behind my statement. I’ve said countless times since the day the trade was made that we have our CB1 in Douglas, signifying that I think he’s better than Benford.  

At the time of the trade, Douglas had given up 4 20+ yard passes, 2 40+ yards passes and 2.5 TDs.  He was having his worst season as a packer.  Another reason for my post.  Luckily for us, he’s reverted back to his 2021 play and hasn’t given up much

To his credit, Benford has also forced 3 turnovers over the last 4 games.  He’s playing great ball and is a better tackler than Douglas.  Douglas has the superior DB DNA and instincts.  

Some talking head said that Benford has a lot of similarities to Douglas maybe in like measurables and how they have to play the game, so he was the perfect person for him to learn from. Don't how true it is but that'd be fantastic for him to learn from the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Some talking head said that Benford has a lot of similarities to Douglas maybe in like measurables and how they have to play the game, so he was the perfect person for him to learn from. Don't how true it is but that'd be fantastic for him to learn from the guy.

They are both physically

limited players but have great instincts. Rasul in particular has a great nose for the ball, which is how he got paid by the Pack in the first place. He blew up on the scene when they had injuries i think and took the starting job.

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I’d like to add here that Douglas and Benford being the same corner (IF THE’RE GOOD is the key) would make it difficult for offenses to scheme against them. Same guy. 

31 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This is a good example of identifying a guy whose skills will work in McDermott defense and then going to get him even when the market was not there.  

It’s also a good example of how most fans don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to personnel decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's been playing out of this world. I hope we keep him long term.

11 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It’s also a good example of how most fans don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to personnel decisions. 

I think support was generally positive for the move at the time. But the Packers certainly didn't think he'd hit this form. They certainly could use him right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

I would guess 80% to 90% of the response on this board was positive when the Bills traded for him.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.