Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

1 minute ago, juno999 said:

I like Rasul Douglas but if he doesn't beat out Jackson, I don't understand giving up a third round pick for him.  So I'm hoping GB that he's improved since you last saw him.

There's not even a competition here. Douglas is flat out the best healthy perimeter corner the Bills have right now, until Benford takes his next leap.

They also have two dudes who are now in 80%+ percentile for arm length 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Amazing how this HC and GM spin the personnel wheel and more often than not wind up with slower RB's and zone CB's. 

Team's averaging 21 points over their last 4 and the personnel solution is Fournette and another zone CB.  Even if Douglas plays well, offense is pushed to the background again.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I do not believe he will start exactly right away.  But he will be around for another year or so and KE is likely out the door.   

The last time I saw him play he had a tough game.   But we will see.  

We still have a third. 

Are you guys smoking crack? He is the best corner on our team rn

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

it’s the 3rd we got for Tremaine. Compensatory pick and in return most likely we get an early 5th. Overall great trade. 

Again, 2024 compensatory picks are currently projected. They have not been awarded. Any draft picks exchanged must already exist, therefore it's the Bills own 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

We were one injury away from Josh Norman being a starting CB. 

We had to bring in someone, even as depth. 

This dude is not depth, he is a plug and play starter sending either Benford or Jackson to the bench

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Amazing how this HC and GM spin the personnel wheel and more often than not wind up with slower RB's and zone CB's. 

Team's averaging 21 points over their last 4 and the personnel solution is Fournette and another zone CB.  Even if Douglas plays well, offense is pushed to the background again.  

Please name the offensive player that got traded that you wish the Bills would have made a move for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

And how many starters on offense have we lost to injury this season? Bad take.

Here’s what the packer fans are saying 

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/rasul-douglas-has-been-traded-to-the-bills.85213/

Sounds like a home run imo. I was hoping it was going to be a 4th rd pick but figured we’d trade Elam too.  Not happy about giving up a 3rd but I am very happy about the player, the person and the leader we just traded for…..and we got a 5th to compensate for the lost pick.  

i think he’ll be starting opposite Benford for this and next.  6’2 210 and makes plays. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So we now have a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6?

That’s a lot of Day 3 picks…

Beane wanted another 6th but had to settle for a 5th

Coming from Green Bay he’s going to love that we have an Applebee’s and a Dave & Busters!  😋

It seemed we had to do something, and when you are in a pickle you might sometimes pay a little extra, but it sounds like this isn a guy we can use. We needed help. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I would have preferred DL but adding another CB should help. 

Wonder if they think Milano and/or Jones have a chance to play in the playoffs??? 

Jones seems to think he will be back.  Not sure about Milano since nothing new has been reported since his injury.

Cost isn't bad for a starting caliber CB.

Our 3rd Round Pick should be back-half of the round.

The 5th Round Pick we get back should be top-half.

The real question is, how much of a difference does Rasul Douglas make to this team's record?  

This team still has major problems in the middle without Matt Milano/DaQuan Jones.  

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I would have preferred DL but adding another CB should help. 

Wonder if they think Milano and/or Jones have a chance to play in the playoffs??? 

They think Dodson is good enough on 1st + mid range 2nd down, and can play Poyer/Rapp on passing situations. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.