Worst WGR call ever

WIDE LEFT

So this genius calls into Sal’s show this morning with this wonderful take. “Before the trade deadline Bills should trade for a QB”. His reason - Josh Allen needs competition so he doesn’t get too comfortable & and doesn’t get too careless ie turnovers. Initially Sal thought this was a joke, but no, our caller was serious. When he picked himself off the floor, Sal pointed out that JA was having an MVP like season. But there is so much more wrong with this take. Let’s start with the fact that what team with a QB good enough to give Allen competition would trade that guy. Who is this great QB that could threaten Allen, but doesn’t start for his own team. Unsurprisingly our genius caller did not name a candidate. You have to wonder how long this guy waited on hold to share this wonderful idea.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, WIDE LEFT said:

So this genius calls into Sal’s show this morning with this wonderful take. “Before the trade deadline Bills should trade for a QB”. His reason - Josh Allen needs competition so he doesn’t get too comfortable & and doesn’t get too careless ie turnovers. Initially Sal thought this was a joke, but no, our caller was serious. When he picked himself off the floor, Sal pointed out that JA was having an MVP like season. But there is so much more wrong with this take. Let’s start with the fact that what team with a QB good enough to give Allen competition would trade that guy. Who is this great QB that could threaten Allen, but doesn’t start for his own team. Unsurprisingly our genius caller did not name a candidate. You have to wonder how long this guy waited on hold to share this wonderful idea.

I missed that one. I did like them clowning on Collinsworth, though. Secret Bagent Man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The more you listen to sports radio, the more you realize that if you are of above average intelligence, it will be exceedingly hard to think like the majority of callers who call in and try to make sense of their "logic" since it makes no sense other than to people like them...which unfortunately, are a lot of the American population these days.

Sometimes I listen to people calling in and I just can't even get myself to a spot where any of what they said makes any sense whatsoever...but the problem is, trying to explain to them why would leave them with glassed over eyes and not understanding what you are saying anyway, so the best thing is not to even bother saying anything to them and just move on 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That was me and I stand by my call. Josh knows he's got zero competition back there. It was different when he knew trubisky or keenum could take over at any time and do as well or better than he did. So he had to keep his head more in the game. Now he's free to galivant at celeb parties and golf on off days instead of watch film or sit in the cold tub. I wrote a letter to the Bills detailing this also. I'll report back once they reply.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 15

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The more you listen to sports radio, the more you realize that if you are of above average intelligence, it will be exceedingly hard to think like the majority of callers who call in and try to make sense of their "logic" since it makes no sense other than to people like them...which unfortunately, are a lot of the American population these days.

Sometimes I listen to people calling in and I just can't even get myself to a spot where any of what they said makes any sense whatsoever...but the problem is, trying to explain to them why would leave them with glassed over eyes and not understanding what you are saying anyway, so the best thing is not to even bother correcting them and just move on 😂

Oh, so kinda like here sometimes?🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

Yeah, well they cut me off before I could suggest they bring back Brian Brohm. He never got the chance he deserved. They bring Brohm back and Allen is on borrowed time...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Oh, so kinda like here sometimes?🤣

Yea but most of us spend enough time on here(have been here long enough) to usually know where a specific user is going with their comments based on past comments/interactions with them.  Doesn't mean it makes sense but at least know where they stand regarding a certain player, coach, team, etc.

12 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

That was me and I stand by my call. Josh knows he's got zero competition back there. It was different when he knew trubisky or keenum could take over at any time and do as well or better than he did. So he had to keep his head more in the game. Now he's free to galivant at celeb parties and golf on off days instead of watch film or sit in the cold tub. I wrote a letter to the Bills detailing this also. I'll report back once they reply.

I can’t believe Josh ever felt threatened by trubisky or keenum 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yea but most of us spend enough time on here(have been here long enough) to usually know where a specific user is going with their comments based on past comments/interactions with them.  Doesn't mean it makes sense but at least know where they stand regarding a certain player, coach, team, etc.

Definitely true. Sometimes you can just look at the thread topic, who replied and you don't even have to read them sometimes. 😉

PS. This wasn't directed at you.

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sometimes I listen to people calling in and I just can't even get myself to a spot where any of what they said makes any sense whatsoever...but the problem is, trying to explain to them why would leave them with glassed over eyes and not understanding what you are saying anyway, so the best thing is not to even bother saying anything to them and just move on 😂

That and sometimes they wouldn’t listen anyway. They’re just waiting for you to stop talking so they can talk again. 

I used to like debating when I was younger. Now once I realize the person is incapable of listening or understanding I bow out. Not enough time on this planet for that type of shenanigans. 

One of the reasons I refuse to debate certain topics ie religion, politics, etc. they don’t want to hear a counter to their points. 

It’s rare to find someone that disagrees with you that will actually listen and discuss hot buttons. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Did WGR fire their Call Screener?

I suspect that shows like that actually want people to call in with ... let's just say "unconventional" ... ideas. It probably increases ratings by making the other listeners feel good about themselves by comparison, in the same way that everyone on The Simpsons (except Lisa) makes us feel good about ourselves.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LyndonvilleBill said:

Definitely true. Sometimes you can just look at the thread topic, who replied and you don't even have to read them sometimes. 😉

PS. This wasn't directed at you.

I know it wasn't so all good and yes, you hit the nail on the head with your reply.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I listened to it live. Great entertainment 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

Let’s trade for Tommy DeVito from the Giants!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Dan Marino Holy Shit GIF

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Seems sorta par for the course for talk radio callers.

52 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

While I dont agree with Colin Cowherd on much, he does have a great take on Sports Radio Callers. He calls them "The Wrong Guy".

To get a call on Cowherd's show, you pretty much have to do nothing all day but try getting through, and then when you do get through, sit on hold for hours.

Meaning, the type of person who gets on the air as a caller has made so many Wrong decisions in their lives that they now have nothing else to do than waste their whole day just to say one dumb opinion on a sports talk show. No job, no family, nothing else better going on. And now we have to hear their crappy opinion which is likely as well thought out as the rest of their life.

When I listen to WGR, I am reminded of this take often.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, beer said:

I can’t believe Josh ever felt threatened by trubisky or keenum 

You don't? You think it's just a coincidence that until this year, Josh had a haircut you could set your watch to and now that his competition is gone, he immediately drops his longtime gf and grows his hair out to fit in with the Hollywood crowd?

Also, no way would that tumble where he hurt his shoulder have had any effect on him before this year. He's obviously been skipping parts of his workouts if not completely. Everyone knows that the military press is an essential exercise for a full body routine.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Maybe McD will give Peterman another shot at it.  

He probably still believes that Peterman can give a team the best chance to win.  

This was a great idea Joel!  Where else can you get a cup of hot chocolate for $4.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I see Buffalo is already into its annual hibernation syndrome..🤦‍♂️

WGR just wants people talking.

Part of me thinks these guys are just playing characters on the radio. Schopp is the super critical guy, although he's softened a bit with age. Sal is the guy who would find a bright side if he was on the sinking Titanic. Bulldog is playing the dude at the bar blabbering over an order of wings. 

Jeremey and his co-hosts just try to yell over each other as the younger guys who get air time now that Howard retired eagerly try to get something on tape for their next gig. 

Howard Simon and Paul Hamilton were/are the only ones who seemed genuinely like themselves. It's like the program director gave the rest radio gimmicks. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

That and sometimes they wouldn’t listen anyway. They’re just waiting for you to stop talking so they can talk again. 

I used to like debating when I was younger. Now once I realize the person is incapable of listening or understanding I bow out. Not enough time on this planet for that type of shenanigans. 

One of the reasons I refuse to debate certain topics ie religion, politics, etc. they don’t want to hear a counter to their points. 

It’s rare to find someone that disagrees with you that will actually listen and discuss hot buttons. 

So true but if they don't listen and discuss then that isn't debate to begin with it's an exchange of statements. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

that's nice you wrote them a letter so they could throw it out.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

You don't? You think it's just a coincidence that until this year, Josh had a haircut you could set your watch to and now that his competition is gone, he immediately drops his longtime gf and grows his hair out to fit in with the Hollywood crowd?

Also, no way would that tumble where he hurt his shoulder have had any effect on him before this year. He's obviously been skipping parts of his workouts if not completely. Everyone knows that the military press is an essential exercise for a full body routine.

Amazing troll job, well done. 🙃

I liked the guy that called in and said he's "Had enough of Von Miller" because "there's too much talk about it". and he "hasn't done anything since coming here."  Fans are funny... :beer: 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.