Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're giving them, an albeit under performing, 22 year old 1st Round CB with up to 3 years on his deal for a RB with 10 regular season games left on his deal and a 6.3 million dollar price tag - and we're also sending a 4th in exchange for a 7th? No way.

Thought he had 2 years 

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-bad-derrick-henry-news

This link states Baltimore making the biggest push.

If we make a move I really think it will be a different direction than running back. Or we stand pat. But wouldn’t surprise me if some afc competitors look to get better. 

On 10/24/2023 at 9:10 PM, VaMilBill said:

That would suck. Now we can run him from the gun with the HB draw. Derrick is someone who needs a full head of steam. Our offense doesn’t really match well with his talents 

Behind Morse ?

Bills are not a team who can run up the middle by pure force , no matter if it was Derrick thebeast  Henry.

No knock on Morse but as long as he is center Bills cannot be a ground and pound , or cloud of dust type of team.

Finesse would do them well.

Cook has that 

with Murray and the Other guy  :) ?, ideally that's a fine balance conceptually imho

On 10/24/2023 at 9:48 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

7 bad weeks

Disagree 78%

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I know it’s just a rumor, but I don’t even like that the idea has been floated.  Derrick Henry would not fix a thing for this team - not with all the beatings he took in Tenn.

Look to the Broncos for trades. I mean please actually look McBeanes

55 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

i dont buy this at all.  why would you invest in a RB who relies on a very good run blocking OLine,  when 1,  we dont have one,  2  we already have a thumper in Murray, who imo,  has played well.   just doesnt make sense to me.

you can’t compare Murray to Henry. It’s like saying why would the bucs trade for Josh when they have baker. 

the real issue is I’m not sure this was ever the “all in” year in our window and an aging back is a big push of the chips that’s unlikely to make the difference 

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I believe Cook would've gotten it!! He ran well tonight 

Cook is very good as the lightning role, he isn’t big enough to also be the thunder. I don’t think he picks that up due to the lack of physicality. Cook is great, but i want him utilized in space. I want to pair Cook with Henry. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yes and Henry is actually a better receiving back than given credit for

Just a random thing I saw that said he wasn't a likely candidate to go to Miami because he didn't fit that offense because the pass catching part of his game had deteriorated for whatever that is worth, haven't actually paid attention.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:03 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not proposing anything here...just sharing info.  

Interesting day over here...A buddy called me earlier today who has also been a source of some info in the past (for example he was the one who leaked the Rams vs Bills season opener last year to me a month early) and he just he heard some chatter potentially linking Bills and Henry today.  

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how the Bills are now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

So take it with a grain of salt...but just found it interesting that in the same day Beane freed up cap space Vegas made the Bills the betting favorites to land him.  Did a quick google search to pull up the odds and found this link right away.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-odds-derrick-henry-tennessee-titans#:~:text=Buffalo is granted a 33.3,(%2B300%2C 25 percent).

Things can change.  But if I recall correctly, NFL insiders have repeatedly commented that the one team they get the least info about their planned moves is the Bills.  So if there are rumors and talk running around the league, I'm less inclined to believe it's a likely move.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Things can change.  But if I recall correctly, NFL insiders have repeatedly commented that the one team they get the least info about their planned moves is the Bills.  So if there are rumors and talk running around the league, I'm less inclined to believe it's a likely move.

This is true. Stuff that gets reported on as rumors involving us before they happen, never happen. Fans work themselves up into a frenzy and threads are made for pages and pages and then nothing.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.