Eagles trade for All Pro S Kevin Byard

Einstein

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Gotta hand it to Roseman. They moved on from Edmunds FAST.

Unlike Brandon Beane who can't admit draft failures!! Why not trade Elam if you're not going to play him? Why not trade Gabe Davis now knowing that you're not going to pay him? Why not try to trade Dawson Knox to a TE needy team? Because the latter two go to Sabres game with Josh Allen? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 70 million contract

It's not a genius move, despite being a good player

The eagles are going to be in cap Hell in 1-2 seasons.. and willl have nothing around hurts

Howie says "F dem picks, I'm trying to win a SB now!!"

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane wouldn’t trade a 5th round pick for a rental. It’ll ruin our future ability to compete for 3rd place in the AFC.

That'll probably get taken off our practice squad 😎

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Their D is still not as good as SF. They lose to them in the NFCCG game and Hurt has 3 TO.. calling it now lol

And I still think the bills could beat San Francisco

Purdy is exactly the type of quarterback that McDermott gives Fits too... Physically purdy is a lesser Mac Jones

Which McDermott feasts on historically

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Purdy is exactly the type of quarterback that McDermott gives Fits too... Physically purdy is a lesser Mac Jones

Yea just like he gives fits to Zach Wilson , Tyrod and mac

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 70 million contract

It's not a genius move, despite being a good player

The eagles are going to be in cap Hell in 1-2 seasons.. and willl have nothing around hurts

That’s not even remotely close. He’s only signed through next season and the Iggles will only pay him $2.44M for the remainder of this season. Next season his salary is $14.1M (not guaranteed). LINK 

Fantastic move by Roseman.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s not even remotely close. He’s only signed through next season and the Iggles will only pay him $2.44M for the remainder of this season. Next season his salary is $14.1M (not guaranteed). LINK 

Fantastic move by Roseman.

Keep gushing... Trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 14 million dollar cap hit next year is not an answer in the NFL 

I was thinking of his old contract which he restructured but he still has a 14 million cap hit

That's not a genius move.. I don't know what you think fantastic is but trading for a safety over the age of 30 with that contract is not it

Jordan poyer tried hitting free agency after all proing and got 2 years 12 mil

They gave up pics , a player, and 14 million cap hit next year for a 30-year-old safety

The NFL isn't Madden... He's a good player but I would never say this is a great move

Because a safety is not moving the needle on a super bowl... He's not even moving the line

Especially with everything that can happen over the next 15 weeks

Good player, this isn't Madden.. we got Matt Milano in the fifth round

Edited by Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, balln said:

Yea just like he gives fits to Zach Wilson , Tyrod and mac

Tyrod Taylor is a 10-year veteran... Mac Jones has way more starts and experience then Purdy and physical talent 

Look at McDermott's record over quarterbacks with less than 16 career starts... he holds them the under 15 points a game

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Keep gushing... Trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 14 million dollar cap hit next year is not an answer

I was thinking of his old contract which he restructured but he still has a 14 million cap hit

That's not a genius move.. I don't know what you think a genius is but trading for a safety over the age of 30 with that contract is not it

Jordan poyer tried hitting free agency after all proing and got 2 years 12 mil

They gave up pics , a player, and 14 million cap hit next year for a 30-year-old safety

The NFL isn't Madden... He's a good player but I would never say this is a great move

Because a safety is not moving the needle on a super bowl... He's not even moving the line

LOL. You don’t seem to have many things straight. Not the contract. Not what I wrote.

The Eagles just got better at safety - and they didn’t pay much for the privilege. A couple throw away picks and the underperforming safety Byard will be replacing. And the difference in pay this season is $1.4M. As for next season, it is $14.1M for Byard. But again, that’s at Philly’s discretion. Notably it’s an improvement from their current situation because Edmunds is a FA after this season so at least they have a player under contract. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Keep gushing... Trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 14 million dollar cap hit next year is not an answer in the NFL 

The Eagles are paying Byard $16.4M combined for the 2023 and 2024 season.

That's an average of $8.2M per season. Which makes him the 19th highest paid safety in that time.

He is a top 10 talent. 

I'm not sure why you're railing against this great trade by the Eagles so much. Are you doing it because you feel it is anti-Beane or something?

47 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Add CB and safety. 

They don’t make up my top 4 positional needs. CB and Safety are actually a good distance back from DT, LB, OT, and WR. 

If the level of skill for available players is the same I’m going those 4 positions, some of them even twice, before I take a DB. 

47 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Add CB and safety. 

Yup. Saftey is on my list as well. Was peaking around and I wonder if maybe Lewis Cine ( Vikings) could be had at a bargain right now? Broke his leg last year, had a hammy issue earlier this season and hasn't been able to get on the field. May not move the needle now, but maybe an opportunity?🤔 Plus plays ST's. Right up McBean's alley.

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Except Purdy has more weapons than Allen and a D better than Buffalo.  I think the 49ers are the best team right now in the NFL.. but any given sunday 

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Eagles are paying Byard $16.4M combined for the 2023 and 2024 season.

That's an average of $8.2M per season. Which makes him the 19th highest paid safety in that time.

He is a top 10 talent. 

I'm not sure why you're railing against this great trade by the Eagles so much. Are you doing it because you feel it is anti-Beane or something?

He's a good player

He's not Sean Taylor... And safeties (unless your Sean Taylor or ed Reed) are heavily dependent on players around them and system 

Plenty of players have been all pros and pro bowlers 1 place and not in another 

Good player but I don't think the eagles lost last year because they didn't have him and he won't be the reason they win or lose this year 

Nobody is perfect... Didn't Howie trade LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo LOL

37 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

LOL. You don’t seem to have many things straight. Not the contract. Not what I wrote.

The Eagles just got better at safety - and they didn’t pay much for the privilege. A couple throw away picks and the underperforming safety Byard will be replacing. And the difference in pay this season is $1.4M. As for next season, it is $14.1M for Byard. But again, that’s at Philly’s discretion. Notably it’s an improvement from their current situation because Edmunds is a FA after this season so at least they have a player under contract. 

Fifth round picks aren't throwaway pics... You only get 7 a year

We've gotten plenty of good players in the fifth round

Yes they got a good safety, they'll probably lose a good player next year because of his cap hit... And if they don't resign him they gave up two picks and a player for a rental... Even if he's a former pro bowler

And they're not winning or losing a super bowl because of byard

Howie is playing like it's super bowl or bust

Edited by Buffalo716

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's a good player

He's not Sean Taylor... And safeties (unless your Sean Taylor or ed Reed) are heavily dependent on players around them and system 

Plenty of players have been all pros and pro bowlers 1 place and not in another 

Good player but I don't think the eagles lost last year because they didn't have him and he won't be the reason they win or lose this year 

Nobody is perfect... Didn't Howie trade LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo LOL

Fifth round picks aren't throwaway pics... You only get 7 a year

We've gotten plenty of good players in the fifth round

Yes they got a good safety, they'll probably lose a good player next year because of his cap hit... And if they don't resign him they gave up two picks and a player for a rental... Even if he's a former pro bowler

And they're not winning or losing a super bowl because of byard

Howie is playing like it's super bowl or bust

Howie Roseman is doing just fine. The Eagles had 10 draft picks before the trade. A 1st, two 2nds, a 3rd, FOUR 5ths and two 6ths. I think they’ll be okay. There can certainly be good players found in later rounds, but we’re talking about the Eagles roster here. How many 5th and 6th round picks are going to find a place on that roster?

Byard was a two time First Team All-Pro, not just a Pro Bowler. That’s much different. His last All-Pro was 2031, the season before last. 

Edited by BarleyNY

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Howie Roseman is doing just fine. The Eagles had 10 draft picks before the trade. A 1st, two 2nds, a 3rd, FOUR 5ths and two 6ths. I think they’ll be okay. There can certainly be good players found in later rounds, but we’re talking about the Eagles roster here. How many 5th and 6th round picks are going to find a place on that roster?

Byard was a two time First Team All-Pro, not just a Pro Bowler. That’s much different. His last All-Pro was 2031, the season before last. 

Our own All pro safety we have people calling him washed

If byard was 27 I'd be like damn.. he's losing a step every game and every hit just like our own guys that we say suck now lol

He is a very good player but I'm not overreacting to a safety

And yes howie has been doing great for a long time...

The bills also have a roster that people around the league consider one of the deepest and most talented... We had more players plucked off of our waiver wire than the eagles

People don't think fifth or sixth round picks will make a difference here... But we got benford in the 6th. pretty sure we got Dane Jackson in the 7th... Wyatt teller round 5

We obviously moved on from one but we hit on guys late that help our team

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Our own All pro safety we have people calling him washed

If byard was 27 I'd be like damn.. he's losing a step every game and every hit just like our own guys that we say suck now lol

He is a very good player but I'm not overreacting to a safety

Between you rambling about other things and players and creating straw men it’s tough to keep this disagreement from getting bogged down. The bottom line is that the Eagles look like they just got better without giving up much.  It’s worth a tip of the cap IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.