Fournette to visit Bills tomorrow

Big Blitz

wonder what other teams have interest?  

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sounds like the Bills chose a PS Squad player who they think has potential and knows playbook at least somewhat  instead of an accomplished playoff performer, good pass blocking back and good receiving back.

I'm disappointed, but oh well 

typical McD going with a guy he knows, because football is like rocket science and takes years to figure out.  it's unreal.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Yawning Frog said:

got to get behind obj and Hopkins first.

And JJ Watt

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

typical McD going with a guy he knows, because football is like rocket science and takes years to figure out.  it's unreal.  

What's unreal?  That we wouldn't sign a guy that 31 other NFL teams also haven't signed six weeks into the season?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sounds like the Bills chose a PS Squad player who they think has potential and knows playbook at least somewhat  instead of an accomplished playoff performer, good pass blocking back and good receiving back.

It says that he's not taking any visits at all a days after saying he's making a visit to a team. That doesn't just happen. Someone had their facts messed up it sounds like

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Not weird at all that his agent is publicizing interest from a contender. Agent doing his job. 

It is weird to say he is taking a visit and then a report comes out the very next morning to say no visits are happening at all. It sounds like a mistake in reporting 

56 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Or he rewatched Sunday night’s game.  That’s enough to put anyone off.

Without watching us Demolish 3 teams back to back to back? Doubtful. And even if that is the case, why agree to a visit anyway? I don't think he did and someone messed up with their facts as to what was going on

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It just goes to show the extreme amount of credence McDermott puts on players who have been in Camp and/or know the playbook vs. talent out there to be acquired. Look no further than signing Josh Norman and now this.

And even though I know this is how he works, even I am surprised by this one. The RB position is probably the easiest position to transition. And the skill and athletic ability between Leonard Fournette and Ty Johnson is a large one.

To say we were only interested in Leonard Fournette because we thought we were going to lose Ty Johnson, but now that we're not - we prefer Ty is nuts to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Yep, I agree.  It's "unreal" that McD is choosing a guy who knows the playbook because the Bills offense is like rocket science and takes years to figure out.  You're absolutely correct if you're saying that take has very little to do with reality.  

I'm curious...  Do you honestly believe that McD has an IQ of 70 and his football IQ is even lower?  

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he needs to be more in the 3.7-3.9 yards per carry range like the great Saquon Barkley in some recent seasons in order for Bills fans to get in a lather about him.

Imo, this is more about replacing the red zone threat that Harris was. And less about yards per carry. Plus the Superbowl experience won't hurt. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Imo, this is more about replacing the red zone threat that Harris was. And less about yards per carry. Plus the Superbowl experience won't hurt. 

This is another frustrating aspect of going with Johnson over Fournette. 

While Johnson has more power than Cook, he's not at the level of pile pushing that Fournette or Harris are. Fournette seemed like a seamless fill in for Harris in the Power Back role. Johnson is a drop off there. 

He's more of a younger, faster version of a Murray style back. Well rounded, but not the short yardage back of a Fournette or Harris.

36 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

While Johnson has more power than Cook, he's not at the level of pile pushing that Fournette or Harris are. Fournette seemed like a seamless fill in for Harris in the Power Back role. Johnson is a drop off there. 

He's more of a younger, faster version of a Murray style back. Well rounded, but not the short yardage back of a Fournette or Harris.

I have a good feeling about Johnson. I don't expect anyone will believe in him or trust him until he does it consistently though. I'm sure the doubt is justified based on that so I totally get this.

Fournette has done it before, so he's a name folks know. 

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yep, I agree.  It's "unreal" that McD is choosing a guy who knows the playbook because the Bills offense is like rocket science and takes years to figure out.  You're absolutely correct if you're saying that take has very little to do with reality.  

I'm curious...  Do you honestly believe that McD has an IQ of 70 and his football IQ is even lower?  

Our playbook being so "complex" that a vet like Fournette could not pick it up is laughable.  If that's the reason McD is not signing him, that's what is unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm still frustrated we couldn't keep Blackshear... yeah, I am one of those Blackshear fans LOL 

Curious to see how this Ty Johnson works out.

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Yeah Harris and Murray were analytics superstars from inside the 3 yard line........which I agree,  is probably largely the appeal for McD and Dorsey wrt the reserve backs behind Cook.    It was a area of major struggle last season.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Our playbook being so "complex" that a vet like Fournette could not pick it up is laughable.  If that's the reason McD is not signing him, that's what is unbelievable. 

Ty Johnson isn't a scrub, though... he did play for the Jets for the last 2 1/2 seasons... how can you judge his abilities from that, really?

41 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm still frustrated we couldn't keep Blackshear... yeah, I am one of those Blackshear fans LOL 

Curious to see how this Ty Johnson works out.

Blackshear has 95 career rushing yards on 28 attempts on a Carolina team that is starved for offense.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Blackshear has 95 career rushing yards on 28 attempts on a Carolina team that is starved for offense.

Frank Reich is their coach and they are 0-6... so clearly they don't know WHAT they are doing. We're talking about a third string RB here, not the starting spot.... come on now.

LaMical Perine on the Chiefs PS is a good player that is powerful enough, has good vision between the tackles and is a receiving threat.  Actually a really good receiver that knows how to set up his blocks on screens.  I was actually surprised to see him not on an active roster.  I’d take Perine over Ty Johnson. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.