Fournette to visit Bills tomorrow

Big Blitz

Anyone remember... (from Wikipedia):

2018 "Against the Buffalo Bills, Fournette had his best game of the season, rushing for 95 yards and two touchdowns. However, after a Donte Moncrief reception that was initially ruled a touchdown in the third quarter, Fournette got into a fistfight with Bills defender Shaq Lawson as part of a brawl that broke out between the Jaguars and Bills, and the two were subsequently ejected from the game. Without Fournette, the Jaguars lost 24–21. He was suspended one game the following day for the fight."

I remember.

11 hours ago, Since1981 said:

NFL injuries are beginning to drag on me. Really comes down to health—which team makes final four. 

I quit FF this year becuase of that. My buddy was trying to convince me to join his league and I said something like "no, because I'll draft Chubb and Jefferson and both will end up on IR and I cant deal with that anymore"

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Since this makes absolutely no sense, I’ll have to assume that this is an “insider” covering up for passing on bad info.

I am not sure what doesn't make sense to you but it's very likely one (or more) of several things happened.

1. A team reached out to Johnson that had injury to their active roster. Detroit lost a RB. SF had CMC go down. Rams may have lost 2 RBs. And that's just off the top of my head.

2. The team that reached out either got better news than expected on said injured RB and rescinded their offer or Ty Johnson declined the offer and chose to stay put.

3. Why would Johnson choose to stay? Injury to Harris may clear the path to being called up and him seeing snaps/KR duties.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I am not sure what doesn't make sense to you but it's very likely one (or more) of several things happened.

1. A team reached out to Johnson that had injury to their active roster. Detroit lost a RB. SF had CMC go down. Rams may have lost 2 RBs. And that's just off the top of my head.

2. The team that reached out either got better news than expected on said injured RB and rescinded their offer or Ty Johnson declined the offer and chose to stay put.

3. Why would Johnson choose to stay? Injury to Harris may clear the path to being called up and him seeing snaps/KR duties.

All of that might be true, but preferring Ty Johnson over Leonard Fournette is what makes no sense. Ty has done almost zero in this league in 4 years on three teams. He’s been waved twice. Less than a JAG.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Forgot about Ty Johnson.  Dude runs with some power and juice.  Hopefully he gets some carries on Sunday.  

I'd be glad to be proven wrong.  But Fournette is an accomplished player in big games 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

All of that might be true, but preferring Ty Johnson over Leonard Fournette is what makes no sense. Ty has done almost zero in this league in 4 years on three teams. He’s been waved twice. Less than a JAG.

Imagine if Lenny signs with another AFC contender and wrecks us.   I agree it makes no sense whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd be glad to be proven wrong.  But Fournette is an accomplished player in big games 

Imagine if Lenny signs with another AFC contender and wrecks us.   I agree it makes no sense whatsoever. 

Let’s play this out. He doesn’t fit in Miami. Cincinnati is set at RB. KC seems set there too. He could go back to Jacksonville, I guess. But if I was him, I would go to the Lions. They have a need and know how to get the most out of RBs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Let’s play this out. He doesn’t fit in Miami. Cincinnati is set at RB. KC seems set there too. He could go back to Jacksonville, I guess. But if I was him, I would go to the Lions. They have a need and know how to get the most out of RBs.

Or, we give Ty Johnson a shot against NE. If he looks good, keep him.  If not, call Fournette again 

• Vomit 1

Another bruiser in the back field would not be a bad thing i just wish they would have had this mind set a couple of years back this is something this team has been missing but there again if Moss would have been the guy he is now they wouldn't have needed another back but that is yesterday ...

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Valid. However let's also remember that Johnson does have added value in the return game. Damien Harris had started returning kickoffs with my guess being to let Harty focus more on WR duties. He would be more of a direct replacement than Fournette.

12 hours ago, Since1981 said:

NFL injuries are beginning to drag on me. Really comes down to health—which team makes final four. 

How do you think Philly made it to the SB?   Least injured team in the league last year.   Injuries matter big time in the NFL.  "Next man up" is garbage.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Kinda weird he would be reported as coming here for a visit and now it's "nope, this isn't happening at all". Sounds like the ball was dropped on this

Sounds like the Bills chose a PS Squad player who they think has potential and knows playbook at least somewhat  instead of an accomplished playoff performer, good pass blocking back and good receiving back.

I'm disappointed, but oh well 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Since this makes absolutely no sense, I’ll have to assume that this is an “insider” covering up for passing on bad info.

The insider being Fournette himself?  What part about it makes no sense?  It sounds plausible to me.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sounds like the Bills chose a PS Squad player who they think has potential and knows playbook at least somewhat  instead of an accomplished playoff performer, good pass blocking back and good receiving back.

I'm disappointed, but oh well 

Also cheaper.  We don't have cap, gotta promote from within.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.