NY Giants @ Buffalo Bills - SNF 1st half game thread

Simon

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I’ve posted a few things about Allen being a main cause of the issue and get much negative push back.  Be objective:  watching that first half did Josh look good?

He threw two bad balls the entire half and was fine the rest of the time.

His teammates (mostly WRs) and coaches are absolutely murdering the offense with drops, penalties, blown assignments, poor calls and a startling variety of mental mistakes.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The worst part is I don't know what we can do to fix this. They know our plays. Anyone on the team not named Diggs can't get open. Dorsey refuses to commit to under center and runs.

I'm sure the players feel the same way.  This is when coaching matters.  They lead to the answers.   Doesey doesn't have that ability.   It's happened too many times for that not to be the case.  

They won't do it, but I would have Brady, or anyone else capable, call plays in the 2nd half.  Dorsey ain't it. 

Everyone can see what is working and what isn't working except for him.  The Giants are awful and we can still put up 30 in this game with how bad they are, but our offensive coordinator insists on putting our offense in the exact spots the defense wants them to be. 

Dorsey, get your act together.

I feel like Giants running an over front/0 T nose over Morse is screwing up our protection.  Jets DL look.

We need more jetsweep/outside zone, screens.  Everything we haven't done this year much.  Need to get more out of the running attack, and use our Rbs more in passing attack

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Josh Allen isn’t going to run then he’s just not the great QB we love. The whole thing is the mix of both. Coach the running out of his game and you just absolutely ***** us

you have to have him run responsibly 

get down, get out but still pressure the defense.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

God forbid Josh gets criticized.

Whats he gonna do?  Dorsey is crap. Davis either drops or fumbles the football. Diggs has at least one drop. Two trips on our receivers not called. Knox drops a ball. Another pass to Knox gets tipped right to the defender.  Is what it is.  Dorsey has a crap design and doesn't have these guys prepared.  Our skill players are ass.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Tyrod checked into the run baby.

I get it, but I knew from the start I’m not trusting Tyrod on the goal line with under ten seconds and no timeouts. You need to know your players. Daboll let the clock get to that point, and then called a bunch of run plays. 

2 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Pathetic. If I thought this team had any kind of fight in them I would expect them to come out of the half with their hair on fire. But I just don't know anymore... It's all a bunch of looking at the sky for answers.

I disagree with this.

Nobody is out there half-steppin it tonight.

Both teams are bringing it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Even with a win...there seems to be issues with the 2023 Bills preparedness.  That's my main issue.

How's that not on the head coach? Yet people here just drool for McD. 

Almost seems like the team is quitting on him. 

Just now, White Linen said:

I'm sure the players feel the same way.  This is when coaching matters.  They lead to the answers.   Doesey doesn't have that ability.   It's happened too many times for that not to be the case.  

I think the first drive out of halftime for Dorsey will say a lot about our future

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

He did not.

Josh plays like Superman = bills offense looks competent

Josh struggles = no one can save us.

Every team in the NFL isn’t like this.

It's the lobotomized look on his face that gets me. Maybe it's just coolness under fire, but he looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I get it, but I knew from the start I’m not trusting Tyrod on the goal line with under ten seconds and no timeouts. You need to know your players. Daboll let the clock get to that point, and then called a bunch of run plays. 

Tyrod is 34 years old. He’s a 13 year vet. That’s 1000000% on him to know time

score and situation. 

It’s why he’s a bad QB lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Daboll can cry to Tyrod about that all he wants but he is the one that let the clock wind on 3rd down and called timeout.  He then ran a 1 yard play to pick up the first down and called his last timeout.  That was just dumb.

Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with all of that when you're at the 10 yard line and willing to accept a FG before the half. Tyrod's mismanagement cost them a guaranteed 3 points.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

His teammates (mostly WRs) and coaches are absolutely murdering the offense with drops, penalties, blown assignments, poor calls and a startling variety of mental mistakes.

Like last week.  Not an exciting trend we are witnessing.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I guarantee film will show guys other than Diggs open.  Josh isn’t even looking at them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1