Andre Reed HoF Ring Stolen in London

BuffaloBillyG

Unfortunately we all think American is so bad for crime. And we certainly have our challenges. But Europe is notorious for theft. We were on a train in Spain and my bro in law had his pocket picked. Super frustrating stuff. Hope they get his stuff back. Thinking in the pawn game on the ring it’s a specific unique item. Gonna be hard to sell that unnoticed. 

37 minutes ago, chongli said:

And then this idiot posted this to Reed's twitter post above:

Yeah, that dude is an idiot...

However as a side note I remember when the Bills used to come play local teachers in Basketball in the off season. Those were some really awesome times. My mom used to take me whenever they came close. I still remember seeing Don Beebe full sprint up the court and dunk one. Yes, little Beebe. Guy was an insane athlete.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, chongli said:

And then this idiot posted this to Reed's twitter post above:

I can vouch from personal experience as well as stories from close friends that Reed is a true pos. 

he probably had the ring stolen from the drug dealers he was buying his stash of coke from. 

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It's pretty well known that Andre is not fan friendly.  

He’s a piece of trash 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It's pretty well known that Andre is not fan friendly.  

Seriously? Any time I've seen him out he was always very nice and signed stuff for pretty much everyone. Was a few years ago but he stopped after an event and hang around with the employees and volunteers for a while even though he was done and whoever he was with wanted to leave.

Jim, Thurman and Andre were at a bar during 90s. My dad was ordering a drink, ordered his and said whatever those three want as well. Jim and Thurman were *****, "we don't need your money, f off". Andre came over, apologized and played a game of pool with them. 

When I was little he picked me up and carried me around training camp getting autographs from the whole team. The next time he saw me at the Jim Kelly camp he did it again. Been looking for those shirts for 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I assume he was staying in a “nice”, upper end hotel over there. Do they not have room safes in those hotels? That’s one thing I always ensure for our rooms when we go on vacation. Sadly, you just about can’t trust anyone.

LOL Andre letting us know how what a dupe he is....

Hotel safes are a joke.  Take seconds to beat.  Also, staff have a default password/override code.

Only a chump would use these safes.  Keep your ring, cash and passport on you overseas---this has been known for decades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My HoF ring is in two places. A safe or on the ring finger of my right hand. 

And while traveling abroad, one's passport should always be on their person as well.  

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Bunch of wankers.  Never play a worthless game there again. 

Is it the team's choice?  

Why would any team volunteer one of their home games to play anywhere but ... well, home?  

Even a road game should be refused.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL Andre letting us know how what a dupe he is....

Hotel safes are a joke.  Take seconds to beat.  Also, staff have a default password/override code.

Only a chump would use these safes.  Keep your ring, cash and passport on you overseas---this has been known for decades.

We vacation only in the US, and yes, a seasoned, “professional” thief can probably get into a hotel safe quickly.

Your middle paragraph above reinforces what someone said earlier in this thread, and that is that it was very likely an inside job. How would anybody even know which room was his, unless they followed him up.

Finally, we mainly use the safe for IPads/tablets and medications, or maybe a firearm/knife if we’re going to a show/event which disallows them. Using the safe is better that just hiding that stuff under the pillows or deep inside your suitcase, right? Edit to add: I sometimes leave the valuables in the safe inside my center console in my truck too.

Edited by Bob Jones
Words

54 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

We vacation only in the US, and yes, a seasoned, “professional” thief can probably get into a hotel safe quickly.

Your middle paragraph above reinforces what someone said earlier in this thread, and that is that it was very likely an inside job. How would anybody even know which room was his, unless they followed him up.

Finally, we mainly use the safe for IPads/tablets and medications, or maybe a firearm/knife if we’re going to a show/event which disallows them. Using the safe is better that just hiding that stuff under the pillows or deep inside your suitcase, right? Edit to add: I sometimes leave the valuables in the safe inside my center console in my truck too.

These aren't profession thieves.  It's staff with the universal code or the knowledge of the factory reset protocol for these safes.  Plus, I doubt they necessarily target this guy or that.  Those who are prone to steal are hitting any room they want. 

But you have to assume every safe is easily opened.  Bring your own lock box as luggage, keep the good stuff on you or leave it at home. 

• Like (+1) 2

sad thing is, when people have something bad happen to them, people criticize them as if they should have prevented it somehow....

in this case he's the victim, whether he used the hotel safe or not. I travel all over the world for work, and not every hotel even has a safe, even nice ones. Or they don't work, or they're locked already...plus they're also SMALL. Personally, I've never had anything go missing on me from a hotel room. Obviously since he's a wealthy dude, he's a target for theft.

People are commenting on Andre not being friendly, but I have met him several times more recently and he was great to me and everyone around. People change and mellow with time and that cocky young guy is long gone. Other guys from that time had bad reps too and now they are different too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.