Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

With the way McDermott brings along new players and what it would probably cost, I probably wouldn't bother.

Gabe Davis is playing at a high level so Jeudy would be no better than WR3. And he'd cut into Dalton Kincaid's targets and growth as he's (no doubt) being brought along slowly as well.

McDermott, for as much good as he brings, is an EXTREMELY conservative coach when it comes to new players coming to the team. Beane would make a move for him and fans would be screaming "why isn't Jeudy getting more playing time?"

If moves are going to be made on this team, they should be looking at other positions before Pass Catchers. I don't think that's even remotely a problem right now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Sutton could be had for a 5th.  He’s garbage.

Sutton doesn’t produce against top CB’s anymore. Can he get open against 3rd or 4th DB’s? I think so. 

Just now, Comebackkid said:

Doesn't matter if the dude in charge has no idea how to use them

No one in Trent Sherfields entire NFL career has been able to use him. Is every coach he has had bad? Or is he just an end of the roster bum? 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s the talent. 

Trent and Harty have around 1700 yards and 8 receiving TD’s between the two of them in 11 NFL seasons combined.

In 7 NFL season, Isaiah McKenzie has had 1300 yards and 11 receiving TD’s.

These bums were the “upgraded receiving core?”

Gabe Davis 2.0 means Sherfield and Harty don’t see the field again.

Gabe aint perfect but he’s at least a good NFLer.

Sutton is too similar. We need a guy like Jeudy who is more shifty and explosive and a polished route runner 

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sutton doesn’t produce against top CB’s anymore. Can he get open against 3rd or 4th DB’s? I think so. 

No one in Trent Sherfields entire NFL career has been able to use him. Is every coach he has had bad? Or is he just an end of the roster bum? 

Hard to say but is it every receiver we bring in not named Diggs or is the coaching philosophy flawed

Unless they’re giving Jeudy away for a 6th, I think it would be reckless to offer anything of substance for him right now.  

Beane needs to find out if a move needs to be made at LB and/or CB before the trade deadline.   I’d throw in DT, but I believe McDermott when he says Poona is a good player and it was just a numbers game with him being solely a 1T.  

A Jeudy trade, as opposed to a trade for a vet 1 year guy also makes thing kinda awkward with Davis.  

Based on what we had when we started the season our defense has taken the most loss.  I wouldn't expect an offensive player unless a RB like Mcaffrey becomes available.

7 hours ago, DJB said:

Sutton is too similar. We need a guy like Jeudy who is more shifty and explosive and a polished route runner 

Should it be telling that Payton would have no interest in him?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mrags said:

The extra 3rd rounder we have would be about as high of a pick as I’d be willing to give up. Maybe add on a late rounder or an incentive if he finishes with so many TDs or if we win a SB 

Hard to argue this point. Although I think Harty is pretty much useless and Sherfield isn’t that good. Kincaid might be but it appears Dorsey has an issue with using TEs as weapons and not as blockers. 

Kinkaid in college had a depth of target as 14-15 yards, and now it’s 3-6.  The same for Knox in the past.  Harry, and Sherfield could all be used better.  I have not been on the bash Dorsey camp, but we need more from our OC.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

What about Tre, 2 firsts and a swap of a 2nd rounder for Surtain?

🫣

Is that the trade you just did in Madden?

Who the hell in their right mind is trading 2 firsts and a second for a CB?

Especially in a D that minimizes a players individual value in favor of team concepts.

You need a serious lesson on how to value positions in various schemes.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Unless they’re giving Jeudy away for a 6th, I think it would be reckless to offer anything of substance for him right now.  

Beane needs to find out if a move needs to be made at LB and/or CB before the trade deadline.   I’d throw in DT, but I believe McDermott when he says Poona is a good player and it was just a numbers game with him being solely a 1T.  

A Jeudy trade, as opposed to a trade for a vet 1 year guy also makes thing kinda awkward with Davis.  

I had the same thought about Gabe Davis. Bringing in a player like Jeudy would be awkward to the point that Davis would  have to be shipped off as part of the trade or in a separate one.

Jeudy is on the last year of his rookie contract and his $13M, 5th year option  in 2024 has been picked up. Any trade would mean that Denver is just shipping off a disgruntled player before having to pay him that. So they wouldn’t be looking for much in trade. 

Even so I don’t see the point unless we have an injury at the position. I’d pass unless the coaches think that shaking things up by swapping out Davis for Jeudy is worth the risk. 

Edit: Upon reflection I think shaking things up is necessary and that the talent difference between Jeudy and Davis makes it worth the risk. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Especially in a D that minimizes a players individual value in favor of team concepts.

Jags traded Ramsey for 2 1sts and a 4th like 3 years ago bro.

Edited by FireChans

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He isn't better than Gabe Davis right now so essentially he'd be the 3rd wideout here.  He is also in a contract year. 

If he can be had for a conditional 6th or a 7th sure give it a whirl, otherwise let someone try the 8 or 9 game experiment.

I was coming in here just to say: someone convince me he is better than Gabe Davis. Ever since he's been drafted he has been very meh. Sure he got up to 1k last year but it wasn't impressive, the long plays are typically fluky plays and he has drop issues too (and a lot of injuries)

Just now, BillsUberAlles said:

Why would the Bills trade for an island corner when they don't use their corners like that?

Makes no sense.

We used Tre like that. We gave a lot of responsibility to Tre so we could shift our help to the other side.

Would be hard to do midseason, but Tre wasn’t schemed with safety help to the extent guys like Walllace were. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://denversports.com/2108345/report-broncos-indeed-open-for-business-on-jeudy-sutton-more/

One day after Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton said the team isn’t looking to make any more trades, an ESPN report is disputing that.

Dan Graziano wrote on Wednesday that “it feels pretty obvious from talking to teams around the league the 1-4 Broncos are open for business.”
That’s a direct contradiction to Payton, who said on Tuesday that Denver is “not looking to do business with any of our players.”

Payton’s answer felt like a smokescreen, and based on what Graziano is reporting, it indeed could’ve been. Obviously, if the Broncos somehow stun the Chiefs on Thursday night, things could change. But that feels unlikely, and at 1-5, Denver would be full-on sellers at the Halloween trade deadline.

Graziano also notes the Broncos are “not interested in parting with star cornerback Pat Surtain II,” because the team views him as a “building block” for the future.
Finally, he states the obvious that no one is trading for QB Russell Wilson’s lucrative contract.

It makes sense on Surtain. He’s only in this third year and still on a rookie deal through next season, while the Broncos will also pick up his fifth-year option eventually.

But Graziano mentions “prominent names” could also come up in trade speculation. He doesn’t get specific, but it’s not hard to figure it out. In addition to Sutton and Jeudy, guys like Justin Simmons, Garett Bolles and Frank Clark could be on the move.

This is probably the latest of many reports about what Denver could do between now and Oct. 31, but it sounds like Jeudy and Sutton’s days in orange and blue may be numbered. Stay tuned.

1.) Would you want the Bills to acquire him?

2.) What would be your offer to Denver? 

No i wouldn't they are having a hard enough time with the weapons they already have & where is the money for him going to come from ? I would if possible get another LB to help with Millano's injury OH wait they already have .

The WR room is one of the strongest on the team why is every one always trying to bring in more WR's when they aren't using what they have ?

34 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He isn't better than Gabe Davis right now so essentially he'd be the 3rd wideout here.  He is also in a contract year. 

If he can be had for a conditional 6th or a 7th sure give it a whirl, otherwise let someone try the 8 or 9 game experiment.

Josh is missing a secondary option to Diggs that can be a consistent target like Beasley was. I still have hopes for Kincaid but he still is a rookie and might take a year or two to develop. That or maybe we draft someone next year as much as I respect Gabe Davis game I don't think we can re-sign him and not sure he going to ever be a move the chains type that will catch 4-7 balls a game that think we need. 

51 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

38 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I was coming in here just to say: someone convince me he is better than Gabe Davis. Ever since he's been drafted he has been very meh. Sure he got up to 1k last year but it wasn't impressive, the long plays are typically fluky plays and he has drop issues too (and a lot of injuries)

I just posted that I didn’t think it was worth shaking things up, but I am immediately reconsidering that stance. 

Jeudy is not in a contract year, but Davis is. Jeudy’s 5th year option was picked up so he’s under contract thru 2024. But whomever trades for him would be on the hook for it at $13M. 

Other than having worked with Josh Allen for three and a half years, Jeudy is superior to Gabe Davis in pretty much every way. The other concern is his attitude, but that might be situation dependent (and who could blame him). Also it’s not like we didn’t acquire Diggs that way.

Jeudy is faster than Davis. He runs crisper routes and is much more agile. Note on that last one - Jeudy has average agility, but Davis is absolutely awful in that respect. His 20 cone time is literally in the bottom 1% of WRs ever tested - and it shows on the field when he tries to uncover quickly. He’s been atrocious at that. Jeudy can also play from the slot or on the outside. Davis is only suited to the outside. 

As I mentioned, bringing in Jeudy means Davis has to go immediately. Denver would be dumping a disgruntled player that’ll owe 13 million to next year so I doubt the trade compensation would be much. Say it’s Davis and our 3rd (or comp 3rd) for their 4th (or Phins 4th). 

We’d be adding talent by bringing in a player that could be here long term at the expense of a limited player that won’t be here next season. This offense needs more skill added so I take the chance as long as my assumptions about compensation are close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jeudy would bring a speed element we really don't have. I'm also not sure Gabe has earned a lucrative new contract. I think it would make sense to bring him in for a 4th, that's about it. 

I'd also kick the tires on Hunter Renfrow.  Harty and Shakhir don't have that reliable slot maven ability. Renfrow does, or did....

1 minute ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Jeudy would bring a speed element we really don't have. I'm also not sure Gabe has earned a lucrative new contract. I think it would make sense to bring him in for a 4th, that's about it. 

I'd also kick the tires on Hunter Renfrow.  Harty and Shakhir don't have that reliable slot maven ability. Renfrow does, or did....

OT Isn't it strange that here is a MLB outfielder named Hunter Renfroe and an NFL WR named Hunter Renfrow? It's not like that's a common name.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’d give a 5th for Juedy. Don’t overpay for someone else’s unfulfilled potential.  

True but you aren’t going to get him for that. There are definitely teams that believe he has been held back by his qbs. He was considered a future star when he came out.

I would definitely take JJ in a second. But I always felt this offense needs a burner. We lack big time speed on this offense and it’s a waste of Allen’s arm. 

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

OT Isn't it strange that here is a MLB outfielder named Hunter Renfroe and an NFL WR named Hunter Renfrow? It's not like that's a common name.

There was also a Tyler Ennis (Syracuse basketball) and a Tyler ennis on the Sabres. And they were both Canadian. 

13 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

I don’t think Jeudy is an elite sport guy. I think I saw he is a 4.46 guy. I believe he is considered an elite route runner when he was coming out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It probably is truth serum that I think that even if the Bills traded for Jeudy, Dorsey wouldn't utilize him and we'd hear excuses about how he was still learning the system two months after the trade. He does no good to us as the #3 WR because this offense is centered around Diggs, and barely has a consistent role for Davis. 

I don't think he's been as advertised, but hard to know his ceiling with the Broncos QB play the past few seasons. 

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but you aren’t going to get him for that. There are definitely teams that believe he has been held back by his qbs. He was considered a future star when he came out.

I would definitely take JJ in a second. But I always felt this offense needs a burner. We lack big time speed on this offense and it’s a waste of Allen’s arm. 

There was also a Tyler Ennis (Syracuse basketball) and a Tyler ennis on the Sabres. And they were both Canadian. 

I don’t think Jeudy is an elite sport guy. I think I saw he is a 4.46 guy. I believe he is considered an elite route runner when he was coming out.

You're right. He ran 4.45 at the combine.  He's actually a Diggs clone, but w/o the proven production. 

3 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

You’re not. You’re getting rid of a contract on a potentially injured star CB along with 2 Firsts; you still retain the second round pick. I said it was a swap of seconds… in case you didn’t read. 

And that frankly is a viable trade not a “video game trade” like you imply... Look what Jalen Ramsey was acquired for and that was on a massive contract. You’re getting a player still on his rookie deal…

McCaffrey fetched a decent amount as have other players. Rodgers. Wilson. Watson. That trio fetched a haul of 1st rounders. Now sure, they are QB’s but they each had some serious question marks and a decline of play…

Just to make it clear, I don’t want or think this will happen but all I see on this forum is talks of him being a CB to trade for. Personally, I’d try and strike a trade for Byron Murphy if indeed the need is felt for that position, which it looks like by them bringing in Norman (🤮). 

Aside from Josh, possibly Edmunds and Groot, there hasn’t been a great return on any of the first rounders. What is giving up those picks for a position of need to get a guy who has demonstrated he is clearly top 5 at that position right now on 2 more cost effective/team friendly years. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.