NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

Does anyone else think that our line will be fine without Jones?  Obviously, he was playing great - but we have SO much depth there, and a lot of very good players.  I think our pass rush will still be excellent, and we got Poona Ford for a reason. Let's see how he does.

I'm more concerned about LB & CB.  I think Williams & Dodson can fill in adequately, but depth (and inexperience) is a concern there.  Same w/ CB, but that could change if Elam can even regain some of the form he had late last year. I'm hoping the London game was an anomaly, since a lot of the players were flat that day.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Does anyone else think that our line will be fine without Jones?  Obviously, he was playing great - but we have SO much depth there, and a lot of very good players.  I think our pass rush will still be excellent, and we got Poona Ford for a reason. Let's see how he does.

I'm more concerned about LB & CB.  I think Williams & Dodson can fill in adequately, but depth (and inexperience) is a concern there.  Same w/ CB, but that could change if Elam can even regain some of the form he had late last year. I'm hoping the London game was an anomaly, since a lot of the players were flat that day.

We have good depth at DE, DT on the other hand is questionable especially for a guy that can tie up blockers and free up LBs to wrap up tackles. Jones is the only one that really does that, Phillips has size but he's also been more of a pass rusher, Settle isn't someone I'd say can constantly demand double teams like Jones can. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That would be worth a phone call

Steelers are tied for first place in their division and Levi is their starting CB. I doubt they are selling at this point. Beane's job is made much tougher by the fact that there are 3 terrible divisions in which all teams are still in the race.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s insane. There’s no non QB in the league that would take that much. Nfl teams overvalue the draft so much it’s sickening. The Panthers gave up the best non QB in the nfl for almost nothing. You don’t need two 1sts to get Surtain. You might not even need 1. A 2nd and 3rd probably gets it done.

The Raiders traded a first and a second (22 and 53) in the same season for Adams who immediately required a 5 year, $140,000,000 contract.  The Dolphins traded a first, second, two fourths, and a sixth for the right to pay Tyreek 4 years $120,000,000.

We're taking about a guy who is still cost controlled through the end of the 2025 season.  He would absolutely command that much.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Raiders traded a first and a second (22 and 53) in the same season for Adams who immediately required a 5 year, $140,000,000 contract.  The Dolphins traded a first, second, two fourths, and a sixth for the right to pay Tyreek 4 years $120,000,000.

We're taking about a guy who is still cost controlled through the end of the 2025 season.  He would absolutely command that much.

Fins gave up a first for Bradley Chubb and then signed him to a 5 year $110,000,000 contract. NFL GMs can make stupid moves trying to go all-in at the deadline.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

Heard Surtain from Denver is available. Would for sure give at least a first for him

There’s less than a 0% chance that Surtain is available, guarantee he’s on their “no touch by any means list”. The other 52 guys on their roster are more available than him. One of the games elite young cover corners still on a rookie deal? Zero chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Isn't Jeudy also known for dropping passes? 

10 drops his rookie year and 5 in 15 games last year. he's basically Gabe Davis, but because he played at Alabama we all rate him higher than we should. BTW, by the time that a guy has three+ years of actual NFL game film and stats, I no longer care about draft position or college performance. I think most NFL GMs feel the same.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

Read an article this morning stating that, after insisting that Jeudy and Sutton were both off limits in the preseason, the Broncos are now making it known that Sutton may be available after all.

Broncos were in active trade talks to trade Jeudy all offseason.  

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Levi Wallace is a name to watch. 

I mean, I'd be OK with that. He does have 7 passes defended which leads the league.

Is that because he's being targeted so much where he's eventually making plays or has he been good? 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

I would sneaky take Hardman if he was cut.

Honestly, having Hardman run go routes while Diggs moves around would probably help our offense.

This. Please. We badly need blazing speed. Hardman was quite good when given opportunities in KC. 

If Miami hadn't just gotten Claypool they would probably trade for him, heck they still could 

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Why would the Panthers trade Jaycee Horn, who is still only 23 and on his rookie deal? That is the type of player that bad teams hold on to and build around. All you can get is older guys who are overpaid. 

Because Carolina is 0-5 and traded a ton to the Bears to acquire what looks like a project QB. Getting more picks and shedding vets would be the smart way to build a franchise.  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I mean, I'd be OK with that. He does have 7 passes defended which leads the league.

Is that because he's being targeted so much where he's eventually making plays or has he been good? 

This. Please. We badly need blazing speed. Hardman was quite good when given opportunities in KC. 

If Miami hadn't just gotten Claypool they would probably trade for him, heck they still could 

A true deep threat would help this team immensely, IMO

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wouldn’t be overly excited with Wallace but I’d feel pretty good with him added to what we have now. At least would feel like the depth would be competent. That’s the type of guy we actually would trade for but I can’t see Pittsburgh helping us out here. They are somehow still in it.

I'd rather stick with Elam. This guy is being crucified for defending an elite route runner after not having any game time experience since the preseason. If only the Bills would've had the vision and tried to acquire Ridley when he was sitting out on suspension 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We have too many injuries of Pro-Bowl (potentially All-Pro) level players.   Nobody is going to trade us anyone who can replace these guys.  Let's go with what we have.  Season does not look as rosy as it once did.   Maybe start re-building again.  Last two years have been an injury mess.  How about looking at our strength and conditioning coaches and medical staff now?    Too many injuries to be normal.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wouldn’t be overly excited with Wallace but I’d feel pretty good with him added to what we have now. At least would feel like the depth would be competent. That’s the type of guy we actually would trade for but I can’t see Pittsburgh helping us out here. They are somehow still in it.

Wallace would be like the Bills last season bringing in Dean Marlowe. Solid cheap depth addition but does not move the needle all that much. I think the team will be fine in the secondary. Benford coming back and Elam getting more experience and coaching should help him. The LB and DT positions will be interesting to see if they need to make a move. I think if Poona Ford underperforms DT is the most likely move as the defense needs a run-stuffing 1T DT and that should be available on the market for less than a 4th round pick.

Sherfield has barely been used in the passing game.  Harty is starting to make some impactful plays....but he's more quick than fast

Hardman as WR3-4 and being put in motion consistently in games may be enough to really open things up for us

Mecole was dangerous when KC got him the ball.  He has Tyreek level speed. 

I have no idea why NYJ has acted like he doesn't exist. 

Get him. 

54 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I agree on the speed point

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sherfield has barely been used in the passing game.  Harty is starting to make some impactful plays....but he's more quick than fast

Hardman as WR3-4 and being put in motion consistently in games may be enough to really open things up for us

Mecole was dangerous when KC got him the ball.  He has Tyreek level speed. 

I have no idea why NYJ has acted like he doesn't exist. 

Get him. 

I think they like Xavier Gipson more which is why they are making him available.

On 10/9/2023 at 11:02 PM, Limeaid said:

Does grandma play football as well as make pickles?

Grandma LaVonne's Christmas Pickles Recipe

https://www.food.com/recipe/grandma-lavonnes-christmas-pickles-484458

2 minutes ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

I’d say more like banana in the tailpipe…guessing you’re not gonna fall for that one huh???

More likely a large dill pickle.

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Judy would be an upgrade. Not sure the cost. 

I have been in favor of trading for Jeudy in the past but given his more modest success in the league,  I kinda' think the risk is high that he would take too long to fit into the Bills offense at this point.

Think that window to garner big results from him has probably closed.......and then he's a UFA at the end of the season............so finding mutually agreeable trade compensation that justifies the risk probably would be hard to get to.

Guys like Davante Adams and Cooper Kupp........proven big time producers known for relentless work ethic and focus..........much better options to adjust quickly and provide immediate results for a SB run.    Also under contract for 2024 with deals that might be malleable enough to be able to keep them for 1 more year.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Lmao, yeah why give up a first round pick for a 23 year old 1st team All Pro. Conditional 7th only if he bunks with Elam at training camp next year 

It’s more about my long-term philosophy here

I’m tired of high draft picks going to the Defense we need to start getting more playmakers for the office of side of the ball to help Josh Allen

If you have a head coach that is playing defensive coordinator, he should be able to refill the position with later round draft picks

It’s not that I don’t value surtan I would give up a second round pick for him

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I have been in favor of trading for Jeudy in the past but given his more modest success in the league,  I kinda' think the risk is high that he would take too long to fit into the Bills offense at this point.

Think that window to garner big results from him has probably closed.......and then he's a UFA at the end of the season............so finding mutually agreeable trade compensation that justifies the risk probably would be hard to get to.

Guys like Davante Adams and Cooper Kupp........proven big time producers known for relentless work ethic and focus..........much better options to adjust quickly and provide immediate results for a SB run.    Also under contract for 2024 with deals that might be malleable enough to be able to keep them for 1 more year.

Adams and Kupp are unattainable. I don't see his the Bills can get them under their current cap situation. 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s more about my long-term philosophy here

I’m tired of high draft picks going to the Defense we need to start getting more playmakers for the office of side of the ball to help Josh Allen

If you have a head coach that is playing defensive coordinator, he should be able to refill the position with later round draft picks

It’s not that I don’t value surtan I would give up a second round pick for him

I got no problem with the draft picks going to D as long as they ain’t on the 3 or 4 year development plan to get them to their best ability like all the rest of our draft picks. Surtan is an already proven player though. 

McDs development of players is a big negative to this team. Something is not working in practice. We draft all these young players on D, then go out and sign vets at the same position. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.