NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

21 hours ago, SCBills said:

We have enough impact talent on Defense.  If I'm the Bills, I'm looking at scheme fit / solid players at 1T, LB and CB.  

Vets that can be had for any of the Day 3 picks we have banked up and/or a player for player swap of Kaiir Elam if we can find a reliable zone CB3. 

No need, imo, to make any blockbuster trades on defense.  

Sound Logic

20 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Adams and Kupp are unattainable. I don't see his the Bills can get them under their current cap situation. 

Incorrect.........none of them would have significant cap hits this season...........Kupp is making just $1M in base salary and Adams $6M..........divide either of those figures by 2 and that's about how much cap space that would be needed by the Bills to acquire either at the deadline.

And next season the base salaries of Adams and Kupp are unguaranteed.

Jeudy's contact is the only one of the 3 players with a fully guaranteed salary for 2024..........an over $12M cap hit.........subsequently the acquiring team has zero leverage in re-negotiating that figure because they become entirely on the hook for it at acquisition.    Instead,  it turns into a long term contract negotiation.     And I'd expect Jeudy would be looking for $75M-$100M deal in order to bypass a chance at unrestricted free agency.   The Bills hands would be tied if they aren't willing to overpay.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Incorrect.........none of them would have significant cap hits this season...........Kupp is making just $1M in base salary and Adams $6M..........divide either of those figures by 2 and that's about how much cap space that would be needed by the Bills to acquire either at the deadline.

And next season the base salaries of Adams and Kupp are unguaranteed.

Jeudy's contact is the only one of the 3 players with a fully guaranteed salary for 2024..........an over $12M cap hit.........subsequently the acquiring team has zero leverage in re-negotiating that figure because they become entirely on the hook for it at acquisition.    Instead,  it turns into a long term contract.     And I'd expect Jeudy would be looking for $75M-$100M deal in order to bypass a chance at unrestricted free agency.   The Bills hands would be tied if they aren't willing to overpay.

Thanks. Judy isn't worth anything like that in my mind. Hard pass for those numbers. 

Kupp and or Adams would be a welcomed addition. I could definitely see Adams wanting out of Vegas. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 3

On 10/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s insane. There’s no non QB in the league that would take that much. Nfl teams overvalue the draft so much it’s sickening. The Panthers gave up the best non QB in the nfl for almost nothing. You don’t need two 1sts to get Surtain. You might not even need 1. A 2nd and 3rd probably gets it done.

almost nothing wasn’t almost nothing and included an expensive contract and injury concern at a non premium position.

You’d have to compensate for both the player value and the incredible financial savings

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Thanks. Judy isn't worth anything like that in my mind. Hard pass for those numbers. 

Kupp and or Adams would be a welcomed addition. I could definitely see Adams wanting out of Vegas. 

Yeah,  you never know because it only takes one team to overpay for Jeudy...........but once they picked up the 5th year option his broader trade value definitely dropped.    

The time for Denver to trade him was last October.

Now he's on pace for a Gabe-like 800-900 yard season and his agent is probably still envisioning $20M aav's in his future so it's a bad contract situation to walk into.

It's not unlike the Tremaine Edmunds or Ed Oliver situations after year 4...........neither had much trade value with that cumbersome guaranteed cap hit in year 5.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Hardman is pure speed and would be a great fit but I dont know why the Jets would trade him to us

Hardman is one of the most overrated players in the nfl. I love when people tried to discredit Mahomes because he had a a weapon like Hardman. Dude is as average as they come 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Frank Clark is about to get traded somewhere..

Frank Clark played inside and outside in Kansas City didn't he? Maybe could be a Jones replacement?  I see Jones and Milano a bigger loss then Tre. Although Tre is still a big loss, but I think having a semi-healthy Hyde and Poyer helps the rest of the DBs. 

No offensive player should be traded for if the intention is to have an impact this season.

sherfield and Kincaid are grossly underutilized as well and Harty. It takes FOREVER for the staff to integrate new players. Remember that Hines did near zero on offense last season and barely got on the field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bills have some time here. I play out the next three weeks vs. the Giants, Patriots, and Buccaneers and evaluate then. Our offense should be enough to beat those three opponents. If they're not, this team has far more significant issues. 

Come Oct. 31 it should be quite clear what is needed. Obviously guys we could be potentially targeting might be traded before then but I doubt it. 

I wouldn't be wasting any prime draft capital unless we are trading for either a corner or 1T who we can lock up long term. Off Ball linebacker should the Bills decide to go that route could likely be had for a later pick. Plenty of veteran off ball linebackers in this league who could at the very least look confident. 

Poona Ford might give us what we are looking for. Dorian Williams might bloom over the next three weeks as he's handed more reps. Elam might surprise with the confidence of more playing time. We just don't know. 

My guess is we add a linebacker and a cheap corner.

I personally would want a 1T as Jordan Phillips as shown he can't stay healthy and a veteran off ball linebacker. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

On 10/10/2023 at 9:53 AM, Gregg said:

You can't even count Hardman as the Jets wouldn't trade him to the Bills. 

I woudnt count Hardman cuz he sucks and would be 5th on WR depth chart at best and honestly had he been here in camp may not have even made this roster.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

Bills have some time here. I play out the next three weeks vs. the Giants, Patriots, and Buccaneers and evaluate then. Our offense should be enough to beat those three opponents. If they're not, this team has far more significant issues. 

Come Oct. 31 it should be quite clear what is needed. Obviously guys we could be potentially targeting might be traded before then but I doubt it. 

I wouldn't be wasting any prime draft capital unless we are trading for either a corner or 1T who we can lock up long term. Off Ball linebacker should the Bills decide to go that route could likely be had for a later pick. Plenty of veteran off ball linebackers in this league who could at the very least look confident. 

Poona Ford might give us what we are looking for. Dorian Williams might bloom over the next three weeks as he's handed more reps. Elam might surprise with the confidence of more playing time. We just don't know. 

My guess is we add a linebacker and a cheap corner.

I personally would want a 1T as Jordan Phillips as shown he can't stay healthy and a veteran off ball linebacker. 

I’m with you on this.  If Ford can be at least good against the run, the DL might not be too bad.  I could see it working out ok actually.  Ford on running downs, and shifting Groot inside along with Oliver or Phillips on obvious pass situations, let him eat, he kills interior linemen.   You can run AJE, Von, etc on the ends to create havoc.  It’s not full panic on the DL YET.

LB is a HUGE concern to me.  I like Williams, I’m willing to wait and see and you simply cannot replace one of the best in the business mid-season, so you don’t really have a choice.  Kinda interested to see if Kirksey changes his mind or if we really are going to roll with Klienability out there.  

CB is also a worry, but we have seen the ability to roll w out Tre before, it’s not ideal, but as long as Benford is good to go, it’s not the end of the world.   They definitely got it handed to them last week.. btw Ridley for at worst a 5th and a second? Where were ya there Beaner?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Call the Rams for AD.  Why not at least try.

2 of his buddies are here. & the way Oliver is playing....oh baby

THAT would greatly help mask Milano and certainly cover for DaQuan

Could the Bills do this salary cap wise assuming the Rams would trade him.

I just don't see any meaningful WR's being out on the market for the Bills that would come at a reasonable cost and fit in cap-wise. Jeudy would maybe fit that mold if the Bills were fine with the 12 million cap number next season but I think Denver is not letting him go unless they get a high return for him. I just don't see that being something McBeane would do. Devante Adams has way too high a cap number and so does Cooper Kupp (and the Rams are not out of it either). Mike Evans was my dark horse as his expiring deal made for a possibility but the Bucs are going to be in that division race so they are likely to hold onto him. 

The rest of the WR's possibly on the market don't really "move the needle" for me. I know someone mentioned Hardman from the Jets if the Jets continue to lose or have no interest in playing him. Hardman would be a nice addition that likely wouldn't cost a lot but also one that isn't going to dramatically shift the offense either. 

I don't know if there will be a player or players available to the Bills that they would trade for, but this year does feel like the year to do something given our injuries and a conference that may not be as strong as anticipated before the season began.  The Chiefs don't look invincible and the Bengals are off to a slow start.  Miami is good, but we have beaten them once so far.  Even with our injuries, I still think there is a path to winning the conference and getting to the Super Bowl.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I don't know if there will be a player or players available to the Bills that they would trade for, but this year does feel like the year to do something given our injuries and a conference that may not be as strong as anticipated before the season began.  The Chiefs don't look invincible and the Bengals are off to a slow start.  Miami is good, but we have beaten them once so far.  Even with our injuries, I still think there is a path to winning the conference and getting to the Super Bowl.

We just have to get hot at the right time. But my faith in McD being able to pull that off is low.

3 hours ago, jahnyc said:

What's the path? 

3 hours ago, jahnyc said:

The Chiefs didn't look invincible last year either. Mahomes is a generational QB. Think Brady. 

Cinci has started out slow for several years now. Burrow was hurt and looks to be getting healthy. This team blasted the socks of the Bills last year. 

Miami is first in the AFC East and looking explosive with a healthy Tua. They will be even more dangerous with a healthy Philips and Armstend. One could easily think they are the team to beat in the East. 

Of course the Bills have a path with a healthy Allen. There is a lot to like about the team. 

However, after five games the path seems farther away as we sit. Losing Tre, Milano, and Jones is a huge blow. No other way to put it. The next man up mentality only goes so far. 

Offensively, is where the team's path to win is likely. Dorsey is hard to depend on. Still seems like he's unable to make game time adjustments. McD seems focused on the D and Dorsey is trusted to step up. He certainly did vs Miami. 

Lots of games to play. I'm still hoping for the best. Currently, I just have a difficult time thinking we can get past the Chiefs or Cincinnati. Other teams like the Jags and Miami are right there as well. Balt and LA are also in the mix. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I just don't see any meaningful WR's being out on the market for the Bills that would come at a reasonable cost and fit in cap-wise. Jeudy would maybe fit that mold if the Bills were fine with the 12 million cap number next season but I think Denver is not letting him go unless they get a high return for him. I just don't see that being something McBeane would do. Devante Adams has way too high a cap number and so does Cooper Kupp (and the Rams are not out of it either). Mike Evans was my dark horse as his expiring deal made for a possibility but the Bucs are going to be in that division race so they are likely to hold onto him. 

The rest of the WR's possibly on the market don't really "move the needle" for me. I know someone mentioned Hardman from the Jets if the Jets continue to lose or have no interest in playing him. Hardman would be a nice addition that likely wouldn't cost a lot but also one that isn't going to dramatically shift the offense either. 

If we traded for hardman I’d lose my mind. 

Please not

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Chiefs didn't look invincible last year either. Mahomes is a generational QB. Think Brady. 

Cinci has started out slow for several years now. Burrow was hurt and looks to be getting healthy. This team blasted the socks of the Bills last year. 

Miami is first in the AFC East and looking explosive with a healthy Tua. They will be even more dangerous with a healthy Philips and Armstend. One could easily think they are the team to beat in the East. 

Of course the Bills have a path with a healthy Allen. There is a lot to like about the team. 

However, after five games the path seems farther away as we sit. Losing Tre, Milano, and Jones is a huge blow. No other way to put it. The next man up mentality only goes so far. 

Offensively, is where the team's path to win is likely. Dorsey is hard to depend on. Still seems like he's unable to make game time adjustments. McD seems focused on the D and Dorsey is trusted to step up. He certainly did vs Miami. 

Lots of games to play. I'm still hoping for the best. Currently, I just have a difficult time thinking we can get past the Chiefs or Cincinnati. Other teams like the Jags and Miami are right there as well. Balt and LA are also in the mix. 

Why don’t you think we can get by the chiefs?  We’ve beaten them 2 of 3, should’ve been 3 of 3.   Our pass rush is better than ever as is our run game. 

the injuries hurt, for sure, but we can beat them.  I have no doubt.  Just wait til they get hit with some injuries 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

If we traded for hardman I’d lose my mind. 

Please not

Why don’t you think we can get by the chiefs?  We’ve beaten them 2 of 3, should’ve been 3 of 3.   Our pass rush is better than ever as is our run game. 

the injuries hurt, for sure, but we can beat them.  I have no doubt.  Just wait til they get hit with some injuries 

The Chiefs indeed don't look dominant like the 49ers. However, the Chiefs know how to win come playoff time. Mahomes is almost unstoppable. Sure the Bills can beat them but I will remain skeptical until they do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.