NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Trade for Jeudy!!!!"

"Give up the farm for Surtain!!!!"

More realistic in season Beane move:

I can see Beane doing this as a "Hines replacement"  and then him not being used at all on offense despite his speed

He could be an upgrade at returner though.  I'd do it for a 7th 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Patterson has had 19 Offensive TD's over the last 2 years.....

also had 600+ rushing & 500+ receiving in 2021 

695 yards rushing in 2022 despite playing only 13 games 

I would like this move.  He can be lined up anywhere on offense as an "X" factor.

The question is would Dorsey actually use him.  

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Trade for Jeudy!!!!"

Atlanta would be a good candidate for an AJ Epenesa for a 1st round pick deal if they feel they are ready to win that division.

Not saying that would be smart on their part.........but I do think if a team did that it would be someone like them.    

Could expand that and include Patterson for cheap, I suppose.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Atlanta would be a good candidate for an AJ Epenesa for a 1st round pick deal if they feel they are ready to win that division.

Not saying that would be smart on their part.........but I do think if a team did that it would be someone like them.    

It would not be smart..... but you know.... Falcons.... :D 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I can see Beane doing this as a "Hines replacement"  and then him not being used at all on offense despite his speed

He could be an upgrade at returner though.  I'd do it for a 7th 

I believe before the season Beane was talking about (I think Isabella) someone possibly stepping in as a KR/PR to allow Harty to focus on just the WR duties he's learning. That to me would be the move if Beane made this kind of move. That would be pretty much all I see Patterson doing here barring injuries. Could be a nice help, but then it's a ST roster spot. 

IIRC Patterson was a free agent not long ago and it seemed like there was some mutual interest before he went back to the Falcons. 

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Patterson would be a hilarious add because he would just be Hines part two where he only returns kicks and touches the ball 3 times on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would like this move.  He can be lined up anywhere on offense as an "X" factor.

We have a complicated offense. It would take him two years to get on the field.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

"You don't play with the toys you have! I'm not buying you any more!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I just read Albert Breer's Friday new column where he speculates on a number of players that could be available. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/13/nfl-week-6-news-notes-trade-rumors-broncos-panthers-vikings-bengals

One name that stuck out to me was Jeremy Chinn as a hybrid safety/linebacker to help fill Milano's spot and be insurance for Taron Johnson. Sounds like he fell out of favor with the new Defense and likely wouldn't be costly, I recall there were rumors Beane/McD liked Chinn in his draft and obviously there's the Carolina Panther to Buffalo pipeline. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nobody is giving up a first round pick for Epenesa 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Especially considering that Epenesa is a free agent at the end of the season. If he maybe had one or two more years left on his rookie contract (which at that point why would the Bills a team starved for cheap talent trade him) a team might pony up a 2nd or 3rd but not only is he not the type of talent that generates a first-round pick (truly dynamic talent, AJ is playing good but let's not call him a top NFL DE either) but his contract is also not the most appealing. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Trade for Jeudy!!!!"

The Bills last year made the moves of acquiring an ace returner and third-down back in Hines and adding a depth safety in Marlowe. I suspect that the Bills will make similar small to lower-mid-level additions this season. For one the Bills are capped strapped and two I doubt they want to give up much draft capital. 

I think defensively a depth LB, depth corner like Levi Wallace or a startable 1T DT will be made. Maybe 1-2 of those smaller additions. As far as offensively barring major injuries I think we are looking at smaller role-player additions like a Patterson or a Mecole Hardman both would be cheap and add some pop to the offense. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills last year made the moves of acquiring an ace returner and third-down back in Hines and adding a depth safety in Marlowe. I suspect that the Bills will make similar small to lower-mid-level additions this season. For one the Bills are capped strapped and two I doubt they want to give up much draft capital. 

I think defensively a depth LB, depth corner like Levi Wallace or a startable 1T DT will be made. Maybe 1-2 of those smaller additions. As far as offensively barring major injuries I think we are looking at smaller role-player additions like a Patterson or a Mecole Hardman both would be cheap and add some pop to the offense. 

Can’t give up too much draft capital. The next Boogie Basham and Kaiir Elam are waiting around the corner!

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Make your pitch…

Minnesota with Jefferson out is a fire sale candidate. Hicks is playing solidly (good PFF rating, decent stats and fans seem to think he is having a solid year) and could be had for cheap. I am not sure how his contract is for future years, however. If the cap his is easy to get out of in 2024, I think a 5th rounder could get it done if the hit this year and next year is manageable. Although I would think the Bills are looking to the next 3 games to see if Dodson/Williams can step up before making a move at LB. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Can’t give up too much draft capital. The next Boogie Basham and Kaiir Elam are waiting around the corner!

The next Torrence, Bernard, Benford, Groot or so many other good talents the Bills have found in drafts in recent seasons could also help the team short and long term. Just silly to say mortgage the farm because like any team the Bills have some busts. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yes, as discussed we know that there are people on TSW who thought Epenesa was worthless coming into this season and wanted to release him rather than trade Boogie Basham.

The reality is that Epenesa had 6.5 sacks on just 38% of the defensive snaps last season.

He has a PFF grade of 85 and has 3 sacks and has made a bunch of big plays this season.

All it takes is one team...........just like with Bradley Chubb(also a pending free agent) last season........and Epenesa is playing A LOT better than Chubb was.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Minnesota with Jefferson out is a fire sale candidate. Hicks is playing solidly (good PFF rating, decent stats and fans seem to think he is having a solid year) and could be had for cheap. I am not sure how his contract is for future years, however. If the cap his is easy to get out of in 2024, I think a 5th rounder could get it done if the hit this year and next year is manageable. Although I would think the Bills are looking to the next 3 games to see if Dodson/Williams can step up before making a move at LB. 

The next Torrence, Bernard, Benford, Groot or so many other good talents the Bills have found in drafts in recent seasons could also help the team short and long term. Just silly to say mortgage the farm because like any team the Bills have some busts. 

We have lots of picks. You get another 7 every year.

You were probably one of the “win now and win in the future” guys. You need to realize we haven’t done either lol

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

lol was a Blue Jays joke. Sorry. Agree with everything regarding the player in seriousness. 

Absolutely right though, every team has busts. Just need more successes that are retained to maintain a winning program. 

18 hours ago, FireChans said:

We have lots of picks. You get another 7 every year.

You were probably one of the “win now and win in the future” guys. You need to realize we haven’t done either lol

The opposite of being too conservative is not to be stupid. If a good player that makes sense and fits the cap comes at the right cost (even if it is two firsts) then you take it. But I am also not a fan of a team making panic moves overpaying for players that don’t make enough of an impact. 

Balance is key to almost anything in life. And you should never mortgage the future for a bad opportunity to win now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Jeremy Chinn is listed as a safety/linebacker.  How well could he handle being a full time linebacker?  He was listed as 6'3" 221 lbs coming out of college.  That's not far from Milano's weight.  He would be one of the fastest linebackers in the league.

Apparently there’s whispers Philly have enquired about him. The pairing of Blankenship/Edmunds isn’t enamoring there… An upgrade would be desired. 

On 10/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, wppete said:

How about a LB to replace Milano? Who’s out there on garbage teams?

Im hoping that Williams can be that guy, it would be awesome if he can be a play maker maybe not as good as Millano was especially being his rookie year but if he can show that type of potential & use this year to get better as the season moves on then having him & Millano would definitely be a plus .

I've read that he has been all over the field reading the oppositions D pretty good for being thrown into the fire, with a full week of prep maybe he can show that he was worth the pick & the Bills can get another diamond out of the late round picks the Beane has been known to do ...

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/14/2023 at 12:41 PM, BigAl2526 said:

Jeremy Chinn is listed as a safety/linebacker.  How well could he handle being a full time linebacker?  He was listed as 6'3" 221 lbs coming out of college.  That's not far from Milano's weight.  He would be one of the fastest linebackers in the league.

He can at least play Taron Johnson role

On 10/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, Billl said:

Surtain was a top 10 pick who has lived up to the hype and had 3 seasons of control remaining.  It would take a minimum of 2 first round picks to get him, especially from a team expected to draft 25+.

With a QB and receiver rich draft, I want our 1st rounder next year. With all the QB hungry teams, a great receiver is likely to be available to us. We need  1a receiver to complement and eventually replace Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, ngbills said:

WR Van Jefferson - Traded to ATL

WR Mecole Hardman - Traded to KC

DE Frank Clark - To be released

WR Jerry Jeudy

S/LB Jeremy Chinn

WR Terrace Marshall

CB Donte Jackson

WR Hunter Renfrow

DE Carl Lawson

RB Dalvin Cook

WR Courtland Sutton

WR Kendrick Bourne

LB Myjai Sanders

S Harrison Smith

DE Danielle Hunter

WR KJ Osborn

S Kareem Jackson

WR DeAndre Hopkins

LB Josh Uche

G Michael Onwenu

LB Zaven Collins

LB Josey Jewell

CB Kristian Fulton

CB David Long

S Ashtyn Davis

OL Saahdiq Charles

CB Desmond King

What about Dhop? We haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet. Think we should kick the tires?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.