Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hard to win when it’s 196 to 29 on the ground. 

Besides the "running out of shotgun" I don't get why it didn't work this week. Usually, when you stick with it, some will work at least. This and barely productive TEs are the head scratchers to me on offense. On the D, it was the run that got them, but so many injuries! They mostly played well and kept the Bills into the game.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But the Jags were moving the ball all day, not just at the end.

Yes, because our offense kept them on the field.  If the Bills offense could even must a few first downs, the defense could have caught our breathe.  

Regardless, the defense kept the game within two scores up until the end.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The bottom line is points allowed and until late, the Bills held Jax to only 11. But the Jags moved the ball at will until the red zone. Elam was a frequent target. He played so far off the ball he was an auto first down. And the Bills left the the middle open from 5-8 yards out, and Lawrence exploited that too. The Bills gave up 315 yds passing and 196 rushing. 474 net yards on offense. 

to your point, crazy to see these headlines that say Etienne had a monster game. I guess he did, but he was basically held to like 20 yards for 80% of this game. 

Maybe O needed better TOP to help them out. 

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

McDermott is going nowhere.

May want to come to terms with that 

Are you a member of the Pegula family?  Yes I agree, sports owners often retain the wrong coaches for way too long with horrible consequences.  I'm totally at peace with it ... but I have every right to express my disgust for such an obviously asinine choice by the oligarch owners.

• Eyeroll 1

When healthy, the Bills probably have the best defense in the NFL.  

Sadly, that isn’t in the cards. 

If we’re down Milano & Jones, along with Tre for the year, I think this is a lot of what we’ll see against good offenses. 

Bills DL, especially when they get Von/Rousseau back, is an absolute UNIT.

Unfortunately, behind them we now have a lot of youth plus two old Safeties. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I was speaking of saying Dorsey didn't want to be back.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/ken-dorsey-interviews-with-carolina-panthers
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/01/buffalo-bills-ken-dorsey-interested-miami-hurricanes-manny-diaz/

he doesn’t want to be here long-term and everything feels like it depends on how seriously Ken is taking teams.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

There was nothing awful about the Bills defense today.

The picture of the day I will carry with me is AJ Epenesa sucking oxygen on the sidelines because our offense couldn’t do a damned thing for 3 quarters.

10000%. Dorsey had one job. Keep the offense on the field and help the ailing d.  And he, until the end. Kept calling inept running plays. Sometimes at a big loss. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah, ideally, but what about the other 5 or 6 stops made by the D?  Offense needs to show up during the meat of the game, not when it's too late.

I know, I agree.

A bit harsh for sure by me.

But it just sucks the last two drives for Jax were TDs to ice the game. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Especially now with the new rules. The recovery rate is just too low to risk it.

Not only that, but with so little time left and only time out remaining, kick it out of the endzone and take your chances with a defensive stop there.

At least the Jaguars would've been at their own 25.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but gotta admit that was a perfect onsides kick. 

Not hindsight, I disagreed with the call from the start.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It does feel like the Jags have a residency in London like Celine Dion in Vegas.

Hmm... sadly, the Bills played most of the game today like thay are afflicted with the same disease as C Dion. Btw, she stopped performing about 2 years ago due to her ailment.

Running the ball with 5 mins left was a bad move, that is the time to let it rip.  Jags having 2 weeks in a row in London is a big advantage. I just hope our D recovers and is 85% healthy next week. 

Our D did fine until the end. It takes 21+ to win in the NFL and they held the Jags all game. Just the offense was slow, needed to pass more in the beginning when the run was being stuffed.

55 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Teams initially tried that. It went badly. Worse than when they did what the Bills did. Also disrupted every other thing they do...meetings, practices, injury treatments, etc.

Let's not pretend the Bills just made this up out of thin air, it's become standard practice because of how things went for the other teams when they went earlier.

Other sports have been crossing oceans for decades to compete. OP pretends this is new to the world so all data is flawed because Bills. (And some weird statement about science in general).

It’s just new to the NFL. 

Most sports who are far more invested in international travel have laid it out. Got at least two weeks early or show up close to game time. 

Science doesn’t mean “do this and 100% of the time everything will be great”. 

6 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38387165/bills-owner-terry-pegula-made-racist-comment-lawsuit-alleges
Got a feeling there’s going to be much more drama off the field in regards to Pegula’s past statements and sentiments then there is attention to the team.  Whether or not Kim had a prenup or has one and if she can regain the team control as she’s been the major contributing factors towards the teams success.  Think the cardiac episode is from when this first slowly started making the rounds and she realized what she married.  

You're making a play for all time streak of single day garbage takes, friend

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Defense was terrible but made a couple big plays. Jordan Poyer is done. He was terrible.

Offense didn’t give them any support. If AJ doesn’t play one of his best games that’s an ugly blowout.

I think both Poyer and Hyde are done.  I don't think it would hurt to play Rapp over Poyer just based on age/youth.  But we won't.  We'll ride or die with our old man safeties.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

Hmm... sadly, the Bills played most of the game today like thay are afflicted with the same disease as C Dion. Btw, she stopped performing about 2 years ago due to her ailment.

Probably a poor choice on my part. So, how about like U2 or Def Leppard in Vegas?

I would love to hear from the sports science guy. I am not a scientist. But deciding on a red eye flight. Where you get to London 3AM our time on Friday. And forcing guys to stay awake all day Friday after probably sleeping 2-3 hours, makes absolutely no sense to me. 

I'm not someone that needs a lot of sleep. Usually get about 6 hours. But if I sleep for 2 I am ****ed for days. 

Better off just flying during the day Thurs or Friday, let them at least get full nights of sleep. And figure out the time difference.

• Like (+1) 1

The issue was clearly one team traveling week of, one team there for over a week.  

It’s beyond obvious that is a massive advantage for, presumably, Jacksonville .. if the NFL does this moving forward.  

When both teams travel week of.. the product isn’t good, but it’s even.  

Not one team out there sleepwalking and dropping like flies due to injury. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That was an awful game all around. Epenesa was probably my only bright spot but I could without the showboating. Aside from him Diggs was good, the others are just meh. The Bills were obviously fatigued from the plane ride and the jet lag. Even had the Bills arrived earlier, the Jags would still have had the advantage being acclimatized for as long as they were.  This threw off the Bills bodies and heads. They were just not physically or mentally ready for this game. Fine if the Jags were in the same boat but they werent! Thats on the NFL and their BS scheduling. I am convinced that this heightened the chances of injury which we saw over and over today.  The refs also ruined this game. Sure they might have been bad for both teams but the ticky tack calls were the worst I have seen for a few years. The bottom line is that this team cant seem to rescue itself in these games. If the refs, injuries or circumstance come up against them they cannot get over the hump. It doesnt bode well for playoff success.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So now posters are blaming Allen for the dropped passes, O line holding calls and suspect play calling?  Please. 

You want to know what the "Josh Allen Experience" is?  It's winning football, it's three straight Division titles and four straight trips to the playoffs.  It's being listed as a legit Super Bowl contender for four years in a row. Without the "Josh Allen Experience" the last 5 seasons would have been more of the drought years.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this. However, it too micro of a theme and point. 

Most Bills fans are beyond being good and having the team making the playoffs. Expectations are much higher and they should be. 

You have an elite QB for several years now. You have experienced players and multiple playoff appearances. The goal posts have clearly moved as they should be. Seems like they haven't moved much for you? Maybe I'm wrong here. 

I'm just not ok with great regular season records and a modest playoff experience. I think most want to see the Bills at a minimum in an AFC championship game. A super bowl appearance isn't an unrealistic goal. Thus far under an experienced and elite QB the Bills team hasn't even sniffed a SB appearance. Missed opportunities...At some point, you have to look at why this is happening? What changes need to be made? How can you get better? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think both Poyer and Hyde are done.  I don't think it would hurt to play Rapp over Poyer just based on age/youth.  But we won't.  We'll ride or die with our old man safeties.

They both aren't game changers anymore. That Ridley completion would have been incomplete few years ago. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Daboll is beside the point ... the point is having a defensive head coach in an offensive age when your MVP-level talent quarterback is going to ultimately be the one to either lead you to Super Bowls or not.  But go ahead and do another Daboll-centered response while making excuses for the lack of offensive consistency in the here and now. And yes, 27-year-old athletes are typically entering/in their prime while 25-year-old athletes are not quite there yet.  Elbow-shmelbow, Josh was playing, no excuses.  Was his elbow the reason Buffalo had 7 points today entering the 4th quarter?  I tend to blame the bad playcalls, the bad game plan, and the inability to properly integrate not one but two pass-catching tight ends into what should be a much more consistently potent offense (all coaching issues).

Daboll is beside the point now?  I literally only replied because your post was comparing the  two of them lol which is the only reason the elbow comment came up…any coach in the league would trade one extra year of development for that qb to not have a ucl tear.  I just massively disagreed with the ‘well Dorsey has had an easier time because josh is older’ comment 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Eyeroll 1

What pretty much says it all for me (besides the injuries and the refs) was that the Bills could only muster 29 yards total in the running game. In the last few games, the Bills dominated the time of possession and a big part of it had to do with the running game. Cook didn't work right off the bat...again. I think he's better off the bench as a change of pace. I think the Bills should feature the power back Murray first in the running game. Then mix in Cook and Harris as needed. But the running backs all really fell flat this game and I wonder why. Jacksonville's defense aren't world-beaters against the run, they're middle of the pack. I wonder if middle of the pack is what it takes to stop the Bills running game.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.