WTF Does One Cook for a Themed Tailgate Meal When the Bills Play the Washington COMMANDERS?

HIT BY SPIKES

When Washington played the Bills every 4 years or so before their name change I would make dishes with tomatoes since they have REDSKINS.

WTF do I do now?

WTF is a COMMANDER?

Looking for ideas from my Bills Brethren.

P.S.:  When we played the EAGLES in OP I would find the two largest uncut full attached turkey wings I could find, season them up and brush them with olive oil and cook them whole in the oven the day before the game, throw them on the BBQ intact at the pre-game tailgate after sprinkling white feathers bought at the Dollarstore under the BBQ and tell fans walking by that they were the wings of a Bald Eagle.

I insisted that it was legal to eat Bald Eagle in Canada.

Gullible....

• Haha (+1) 2

Hoecakes

Family members and visitors alike testified that hoecakes were among George Washington’s favorite foods. He invariably ate them at breakfast, covered with butter and honey, along with hot tea—a “temperate repast” enjoyed each morning.

Maybe with a side of chicken fingers

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

When Washington played the Bills every 4 years or so before their name change I would make dishes with tomatoes since they have REDSKINS.

WTF do I do now?

WTF is a COMMANDER?

Looking for ideas from my Bills Brethren.

P.S.:  When we played the EAGLES in OP I would find the two largest uncut full attached turkey wings I could find, season them up and brush them with olive oil and cook them whole in the oven the day before the game, throw them on the BBQ intact at the pre-game tailgate after sprinkling white feathers bought at the Dollarstore under the BBQ and tell fans walking by that they were the wings of a Bald Eagle.

I insisted that it was legal to eat Bald Eagle in Canada.

Gullible....

Pork. What else is Washington known for?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

What do you do for the Steelers? 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Commanders = Washington = politicians. Fry up some baloney 

I am trying to stay away from highly processed foods.

1 hour ago, TailgateChef said:

I would go with a military theme.  MREs are military rations.  The most popular are:  chili with macaroni; beef ravioli; beef stew.  Best of luck!

https://chatter.vetfriends.com/5-of-the-best-military-mres-of-all-time/

Brilliant Ideas!!!

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Redskin potatoes in protest 

I grew Whites this year.

NO Reds

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

General Tao’s chicken wings?

Huh?

• Thank you (+1) 1

DC is the home of half-smokes which are larger than hot dogs, spicier and i’m pretty sure are half beef half pork.  They are popular at well known restaurant Ben’s Chili Bowl.

It’s also home to mambo sauce which they invented and put on BBQ, Chicken, ribs, etc..

Theres also a wharf in DC which sells and cook fresh seafood from the bay and Atlantic ocean so any seafood is fair game.  There ya go. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

DC is the home of half-smokes which are larger than hot dogs, spicier and i’m pretty sure are half beef half pork.  They are popular at well known restaurant Ben’s Chili Bowl.

It’s also home to mambo sauce which they invented and put on BBQ, Chicken, ribs, etc..

Theres also a wharf in DC which sells and cook fresh seafood from the bay and Atlantic ocean so any seafood is fair game.  There ya go. 

Yeah, half smokes are simply smoked sausages.  They're typically pork but can be both.  I'm not sure whether Ben's is all pork or both.  I just know where they get em.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Hogs is the obvious answer here, right? Which gives you all kinds of options. Pulled pork, BLTs, bacon wrapped jalapeños, pork belly burnt ends, and the list goes on.

I was thinking some type of pigs in a blanket - could do buffalo chicken sausage and have blue cheese dip - haha now I’m getting hungry!

Buffalo style chicken sausage

Pigs in a blanket recipe

The hogs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

It doesn't matter what you make, just make sure to cover it in Mumbo sauce.

I will make some.

https://www.saucefanatic.com/copycat-mumbo-sauce/

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Their fans used to dress as pigs in the stands…

I just assumed all the women in Washington looked like that.

They were wearing costumes?

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

To me commander is a military commander.

And what does someone of that rank normally eat ?

I would say steak and lobster or some type of surf and turf

When I was in-country, and Patreus was ISAF commander, he was known for eating shrimp and quinoa.

All well and good...but wtf Dave? It's a freaking war.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.