Josh is accurate

transplantbillsfan

But he sucks, he's regressing (even I said it) and Diggs hates Buffalo. Stop posting facts. 

I was at the game and I was so impressed with Josh today. He wanted to go deep at least 10 times, but when it wasn't there, he always threw to his outlet. Never seen him play so responsibly. I hope he keeps it up.  

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus. Yes. He is accurate. He was accurate last week too if you just go by his completion %. 

just start the new MVP watch thread now. I know you’re just itching to do it.

Agree.  Even his three picks last week weren't grossly inaccurate.  They were simply all into tight double-coverage.   The first, on 3rd-and-8, was no different than a punt had they failed on the conversion anyway.  The middle one was the least accurate, but it wasn't like Wilson's throw directly to Milano.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

Just now, Charles Romes said:

Could be the greatest dink and dunker in the history of the game. The threat of the missile launcher attached to his right shoulder is sufficient to keep the underneath options plentiful all the time. 

and that’s fine - the way the defensive trends have evolved over the past 2-3 seasons may necessitate that. 

I’m pumped I think Allen can evolve to this - what I don’t appreciate is OP and his constant minimizing and shifting blame when Allen does have a bad game (which is okay!) but lame.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Highest completion percentage through 2 games of any QB in the NFL with 40 or more passing attempts.

76.9%

Completion percentage by itself is a misleading  stat .  Josh ‘s passer rating for that Jets Monday night game was very bad (62.6)  due to the many times he tuned the ball over 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

But he sucks, he's regressing (even I said it) and Diggs hates Buffalo. Stop posting facts. 

I was at the game and I was so impressed with Josh today. He wanted to go deep at least 10 times, but when it wasn't there, he always threw to his outlet. Never seen him play so responsibly. I hope he keep

s it up.  

When he starts to realize that this is how he is going to have to play over the long haul from now on then he'll become a SB winning QB. The question is can he continue to play like this without regressing back to hero ball/josh has to do everything status.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

When he starts to realize that this is how he is going to have to play over the long haul from now on then he'll become a SB winning QB. The question is can he continue to play like this without regressing back to hero ball/josh has to do everything status.

It was the first week of the season on MNF against a great defense. 

Give it a rest with this “regression” stuff that people are trying to force down our throats as if it’s some sort of truth. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It was the first week of the season on MNF against a great defense. 

Give it a rest with this “regression” stuff that people are trying to force down our throats as if it’s some sort of truth. 

I didn't say he regressed did I. I said once he learns that this is the style of football player he is going to have to become because defenses dictate it to him and begins to take what defenses give him week in and week out than he'll become a SB QB. What didn't you get? He leads the NFL in Turnovers since he entered the NFL. Its because he likes to take deep shots instead of taking the 5 yard routes.

He did that today. I hope he continues to do it because the Bills will be very good if he does.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I didn't say he regressed did I. I said once he learns that this is the style of football player he is going to have to become because defenses dictate it to him and begins to take what defenses give him week in and week out than he'll become a SB QB. What didn't you get? He leads the NFL in Turnovers since he entered the NFL. Its because he likes to take deep shots instead of taking the 5 yard routes.

He did that today. I hope he continues to do it because the Bills will be very good if he does.

You used the word “regressing”. A favorite word of negative nancies on Bills boards. 

That word is not in the vocabulary of people who understand Josh’s brilliance. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ToGoGo said:

You used the word “regressing”. A favorite word of negative nancies on Bills boards. 

That word is not in the vocabulary of people who understand Josh’s brilliance. 

Regressing back to Josh Allen Hero Ball is different than regressing as a QB. He needs to become a savant of the QB room instead of leaning solely on his physical attributes which while make him look unhuman at times is also his kryptonite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Highest completion percentage through 2 games of any QB in the NFL with 40 or more passing attempts.

76.9%

it’s even better if you count the 3 last week to the jets safety. 

Good to reaffirm he can actually play smart ball when he decides to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I was at the game and I was so impressed with Josh today. He wanted to go deep at least 10 times, but when it wasn't there, he always threw to his outlet. Never seen him play so responsibly. I hope he keeps it up.  

If he continues to listen and use this gameplan,  I guarantee you the deep plays will come.  Today was excellent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

If he continues to listen and use this gameplan,  I guarantee you the deep plays will come.  Today was excellent. 

Exactly. We were saying the exact same thing today. Just be patient, and the deep throws will come. I think Josh took a big step today.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus. Yes. He is accurate. He was accurate last week too if you just go by his completion %. 

Well, most of his competition for that award was pretty underwhelming last week too. 

Well see any sort of positive angle for Allen transplant’s gonna hammer. Any negative realities he’s gonna blame on something else. It’s his M.O. and I just can’t get enough of it.

and that’s fine - the way the defensive trends have evolved over the past 2-3 seasons may necessitate that. 

I’m pumped I think Allen can evolve to this - what I don’t appreciate is OP and his constant minimizing and shifting blame when Allen does have a bad game (which is okay!) but lame.

Wow... should I buy furniture? Didn't even know I had all that free rental space in your head.

As for your accusations, I assume you're referring to this thread:

...and thanks for bringing it up... only one game, but a lot of what I said there seems valid.

• Like (+1) 1

76%, at least according to the chart I just looked at. Not bad huh? Hope he keeps that up.

Couldn't see if that had already been posted, if so delete, merge etc. Just thought that was a cool stat

Edit: Ah, just seen it does already been posted. Delete then please!!!

Edited by RobbRiddick

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

76%, at least according to the chart I just looked at. Not bad huh? Hope he keeps that up.

Couldn't see if that had already been posted, if so delete, merge etc. Just thought that was a cool stat

Edit: Ah, just seen it does already been posted. Delete then please!!!

Still needs to work on ball placement to help players with YAC. Although I can’t be upset wit the result

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Dude is one of the best players in the league he had a bad half last Monday as he literally threw 4 incomplete passes in the first half against the Jets.

These things happen see Joe Burrow 

In Joe Burrow's first game last year he threw 4 INT's against the Steelers and singlehandedly gave them the victory on a day their offense couldn't do anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.