Elam a healthy scratch part deux (now part TRES) (now part QUATRO)

FireChans

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Welp, looks like we are about to get a lot of Elam for the rest of the season. Ā 
Ā 

Both Benford and White hurt

and I ***** hate it.

Ā 

Not for nothing I do want the guy to be good and I want us to actually get something out of the pick and would have liked him to have gotten on to the actives.

Ā 

But this about the worst way I could imagine it happening, I hope he steps up. Hope Tre gets better and can still be great with us.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ā 

If he isnā€™t active next weekā€¦. this thread may go intergalactic.

If he isn't, then Terry needs to step in and make Sean do it.Ā  Ā We don't have time for whatever personal BS is going on thereĀ 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I get that. Which came to fruition. Was simply talking about being the backup boundary corner. Which Dane is right now; leading to the scratches.Ā 

Dane's not a backup boundary corner though. That's my point. When Tre got hurt Benford came in for that Boundary spot, most likely out of necessity, but he's really a field corner as well.

• Agree 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:44 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

If he isn't, then Terry needs to step in and make Sean do it.Ā  Ā We don't have time for whatever personal BS is going on thereĀ 

Personal BS of Elam not performing as well as the corners in front of him?

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bump, this man starting now or he on the drugs and the outs ?Ā 

He's the third CB now. He won't be starting, but he should be active.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:44 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

Ā 

If Terry Pegula "needs to step in and make" (force) his HC and GM to make specific personnel decisions on the gameday roster, he has the wrong men in charge.

Ā 

This is a Bad Bad Bad take.

Ā 

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.Ā  If Elam were awful, unable to play, he wouldn't be on the roster.Ā 

Ā 

Elam started 6 games last season and had a completion percentage of 70% against, 2 PD, and 2 INT.Ā  For comparison. last season Tre White started 6 games comp % 54.5% against, 6 PD and 1 INT.Ā  Dane Jackson 59% over 14 games.Ā  Christian Benford, started 5 games, 60.7%, 5 PD, 1 INT.

Ā 

The problem isn't that Elam is awful, the problem is that there are 3 CB on the roster who are better, plus a 4th "emergency" CB in Cam Lewis who can also play safety, nickel, and who regularly plays teams.

Ā 

It's nothing personal, it's personnel.Ā  Dane Jackson started last season and got beaten out by Benford.Ā  It's not personal, it's personnel

Ā 

Now Tre White is out for the season and Benford is day-to-day.

Ā 

It's a safe bet that Elam will be active on game days going forward, and it's possible he may get the start this week.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

I pretty much have absolute faith in McDermott when it comes to the Defense now.Ā  If guys like Elam and Ford can't get a jersey on Gameday, so be it.Ā  I'm not questioning it anymore.

Ā 

That being said, Elam has talent.. and has shown that talent on the field in big moments as a rookie.Ā Ā 

Ā 

He was arguably one of our best defenders in the playoffs last year.Ā  I still have high hopes for Kaiir.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.