Matt Milano- taunting penalty

Another Fan

Did anyone else think that seemed kind of strange and really out of character for him?   He even more than Josh had that sort of Buffalo Bills character of putting your head down and working hard kind of thing.  

While Matt is still the man that 15 yard penalty after the interception did prove costly.  The Bills only got a field goal on that drive and a TD might have really iced the game.  That gave the Jets a slight glimmer of hope I thought before halftime.

I know I’m kind of nit picking at that penalty.  But stuff like that,  that video over the summer of Dawkins filming himself throwing Dolphins jerseys on the floor, and Josh’s performance last night kind of leads me to believe the team needs harder and stronger coaching and more discipline than what they have 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I thought it was a BS call considering I could probably find 20 plays from Sunday that had the same circumstances but wasn’t flagged. It’s not like he stopped and got in his face, he slowed down and leaning over and said something…. Big deal.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unless we know exactly what was said, I really don't fault Milano. For all we know, he could have said something positive to Wilson (NICE HIT!!) and it was misconstrued by the refs. It was a solid effort by Wilson to bring him down, and as you said - taunting is out of character for Milano. 

He's earned the benefit of the doubt from me, no question. This game never should have been within reach for the Jets. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Did anyone else think that seemed kind of strange and really out of character for him?   He even more than Josh had that sort of Buffalo Bills character of putting your head down and working hard kind of thing.  

While Matt is still the man that 15 yard penalty after the interception did prove costly.  The Bills only got a field goal on that drive and a TD might have really iced the game.  That gave the Jets a slight glimmer of hope I thought before halftime.

I know I’m kind of nit picking at that penalty.  But stuff like that,  that video over the summer of Dawkins filming himself throwing Dolphins jerseys on the floor, and Josh’s performance last night kind of leads me to believe the team needs harder and stronger coaching and more discipline than what they have 

I got that sinking feeling that the Bills were going to regret that. Think about it, the Bills were in field goal range, or close to it. That stupid penalty might have taken 3 points off the board. I bet you'd have like to have those 3 points at the end 

21 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I thought it was a BS call considering I could probably find 20 plays from Sunday that had the same circumstances but wasn’t flagged. It’s not like he stopped and got in his face, he slowed down and leaning over and said something…. Big deal.

Remember when you really had to 'give someone the business' in order to get a penalty? 🤔😇

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Classic taunting penalty.  If that was Sauce doing that you would call for the flag. I knew it before they even threw the flag. Totally unnecessary.  Just turn away from the opponent and you can do and say whatever you want. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Just an example of the stupidity and ill discipline which permeates through this team.

I'm hesitant to call Milano out for anything really; he's been the most consistent performer on the roster and does it with a minimum of drama. 

Having said that, it's clearly a symptom of a team with zero discipline.  I don't see how they will compete with the upper echelon in the NFL with such an amateur attitude and approach to everything.  McD is the coach and this falls squarely on his shoulders but he's absolutely not the guy to fix it

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Why is taunting still a penalty?  Are NFL players really snowflakes deep inside?  Does taunting make the football field not a "safe space?" Are we afraid that our NFL players might get an owie on their souls?

It’s whacky the NFLs priority’s.

Milano says something is the same penalty as Gronk cheap shot at Tra.

Hardy had domestics and worse- banned. Ridley, many great players got banned- for smoking weed.

personal foul penalties and a hold offset

Unpopular opinion, I think this stems from the gold C on 17’s jersey.  The coaches won’t keep him in line and it’s rubbing off on others. 

Oh and Milano is a monster, I really don’t care about his one penalty.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Out of character? it is his character. 

I am a lifelong bills fan but I think Milano is one of the dirtiest players in the league. I have little respect for how he carries himself on the field, he reminds me of Bill Romanowski

(please dont ban me for my opinion. this was opinion

What examples do you have to form that opinion?

17 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

There are examples weekly, but last week he took an unnecessary shot at the Jets QB's head. if you take the Bills goggles off you see a dirty player

here ya go, the Jets QB is wrapped up by 2 guys and going down, no reason to dive in with a head shot there (again in MY opinion everyone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfoa0FCR5w

Was he fined?  Then or anytime/numerous times in the past?

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Out of character? it is his character. 

I am a lifelong bills fan but I think Milano is one of the dirtiest players in the league. I have little respect for how he carries himself on the field, he reminds me of Bill Romanowski

(please dont ban me for my opinion. this was opinion

what?  he's absolutely nothing like romo.  romo was so juiced up an out of control.  do you know romo's history?  milano isn't even in the same ball park.

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I said that he reminds me of Romanowski, not that he is exactly the same in every way.

Obviously I have no reason to believe Milano is on PEDs, but the number of dirty plays he makes reminds me of Romanowski

i'm not sure how he even reminds you of romo other than they're both lbs and they both went to boston college.    romo chose violence.  stories of him snapping fingers and grabbing unmentionables when at the bottom of a pile.  breaking collin's jaw in the preseason by going for his head.   he punched one of his own teammates in the face and broke his orbit.  hell...he attacked another teammate by throwing him up against a wall and tearing off his chain.  you know why?  because this guy tried to use the microwave at the same time romo was.  they're nothing alike.  stop it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not sure how he even reminds you of romo other than they're both lbs and they both went to boston college.    romo chose violence.  stories of him snapping fingers and grabbing unmentionables when at the bottom of a pile.  breaking collin's jaw in the preseason by going for his head.   he punched one of his own teammates in the face and broke his orbit.  hell...he attacked another teammate by throwing him up against a wall and tearing off his chain.  you know why?  because this guy tried to use the microwave at the same time romo was.  they're nothing alike.  stop it.

Fights over the microwave. That's prison rules. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.