Matt Milano- taunting penalty

Another Fan

Did anyone else think that seemed kind of strange and really out of character for him?   He even more than Josh had that sort of Buffalo Bills character of putting your head down and working hard kind of thing.  

While Matt is still the man that 15 yard penalty after the interception did prove costly.  The Bills only got a field goal on that drive and a TD might have really iced the game.  That gave the Jets a slight glimmer of hope I thought before halftime.

I know I’m kind of nit picking at that penalty.  But stuff like that,  that video over the summer of Dawkins filming himself throwing Dolphins jerseys on the floor, and Josh’s performance last night kind of leads me to believe the team needs harder and stronger coaching and more discipline than what they have 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I thought it was a BS call considering I could probably find 20 plays from Sunday that had the same circumstances but wasn’t flagged. It’s not like he stopped and got in his face, he slowed down and leaning over and said something…. Big deal.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unless we know exactly what was said, I really don't fault Milano. For all we know, he could have said something positive to Wilson (NICE HIT!!) and it was misconstrued by the refs. It was a solid effort by Wilson to bring him down, and as you said - taunting is out of character for Milano. 

He's earned the benefit of the doubt from me, no question. This game never should have been within reach for the Jets. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Did anyone else think that seemed kind of strange and really out of character for him?   He even more than Josh had that sort of Buffalo Bills character of putting your head down and working hard kind of thing.  

While Matt is still the man that 15 yard penalty after the interception did prove costly.  The Bills only got a field goal on that drive and a TD might have really iced the game.  That gave the Jets a slight glimmer of hope I thought before halftime.

I know I’m kind of nit picking at that penalty.  But stuff like that,  that video over the summer of Dawkins filming himself throwing Dolphins jerseys on the floor, and Josh’s performance last night kind of leads me to believe the team needs harder and stronger coaching and more discipline than what they have 

I got that sinking feeling that the Bills were going to regret that. Think about it, the Bills were in field goal range, or close to it. That stupid penalty might have taken 3 points off the board. I bet you'd have like to have those 3 points at the end 

21 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I thought it was a BS call considering I could probably find 20 plays from Sunday that had the same circumstances but wasn’t flagged. It’s not like he stopped and got in his face, he slowed down and leaning over and said something…. Big deal.

Remember when you really had to 'give someone the business' in order to get a penalty? 🤔😇

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Classic taunting penalty.  If that was Sauce doing that you would call for the flag. I knew it before they even threw the flag. Totally unnecessary.  Just turn away from the opponent and you can do and say whatever you want. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.