Matt Milano- taunting penalty

Another Fan

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not sure how he even reminds you of romo other than they're both lbs and they both went to boston college.    romo chose violence.  stories of him snapping fingers and grabbing unmentionables when at the bottom of a pile.  breaking collin's jaw in the preseason by going for his head.   he punched one of his own teammates in the face and broke his orbit.  hell...he attacked another teammate by throwing him up against a wall and tearing off his chain.  you know why?  because this guy tried to use the microwave at the same time romo was.  they're nothing alike.  stop it.

I’m pretty sure Milano grew up with a traditional set of parents, born in the typical way. Romonowski was allegedly produced in a Petri dish at a Roid Rage Facility, then discarded as overly dysfunctional. 

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Fights over the microwave. That's prison rules. 

How long did you do? 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

I’m pretty sure Milano grew up with a traditional set of parents, born in the typical way. Romonowski was allegedly produced in a Petri dish at a Roid Rage Facility, then discarded as overly dysfunctional. 

How long did you do? 

None, thank god. Never so much as a speeding ticket since the Amherst Police left me alone in a holding cell for three hours for shoplifting as a 16-year-old. Best thing to ever happen to me. But because of that I have a morbid curiosity about prison and watch a lot of ex-cons on YouTube. They talk a lot about fights over phones, TV remotes, and the microwave.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2023 at 6:29 AM, Another Fan said:

Did anyone else think that seemed kind of strange and really out of character for him?   He even more than Josh had that sort of Buffalo Bills character of putting your head down and working hard kind of thing.  

While Matt is still the man that 15 yard penalty after the interception did prove costly.  The Bills only got a field goal on that drive and a TD might have really iced the game.  That gave the Jets a slight glimmer of hope I thought before halftime.

I know I’m kind of nit picking at that penalty.  But stuff like that,  that video over the summer of Dawkins filming himself throwing Dolphins jerseys on the floor, and Josh’s performance last night kind of leads me to believe the team needs harder and stronger coaching and more discipline than what they have 

What do fans actually know about a player's on-field and practice behavior and demeanor?

Hyde has said Milano is the biggest trash-talker on the team. 

Defensive players from various teams teams have said that Allen is a big trash talker and our OLmen have talked about the need to get down there quickly to keep things calm "just let the kid talk".

15 yard penalties are always very costly, but

1) let's be real - the root problem here isn't Matt's penalty, it's the fact that what constitutes "taunting" is ill-defined and a moving target, depending upon how that crew of refs or even individual ref sees it.  So what a player says or does one week or on one part of the field is fine, and the next week or on a different part of the field, it's a penalty.  And that's part of a larger problem: the NFL doesn't do enough to standardize refereeing and to make it consistent, or to enforce any consequences on consistently bad refs.

2) I personally find it sick that a player got almost as big of a penalty for "taunting" as another player got for fouls that could have concussed a player or injured them severely, and more than for tripping which again, could have injured a player severely.

Milano hasn't gotten that many interceptions before his 3 last season, so I'm sure he was pumped.  I'm sure the coaches had words for him, because I do agree with you that it was costly.

Edited by Beck Water

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Fights over the microwave. That's prison rules. 

exactly.  the guy was a psycho.  the story goes that romo already had something in the mircowave, and this guy just added another item.  apparently the microwave was weak, and adding that second item threw off the timing, heat, etc and that was enough to set romo off.  the guy was a menace, but what an enforcer.  

11 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not sure how he even reminds you of romo other than they're both lbs and they both went to boston college.    romo chose violence.  stories of him snapping fingers and grabbing unmentionables when at the bottom of a pile.  breaking collin's jaw in the preseason by going for his head.   he punched one of his own teammates in the face and broke his orbit.  hell...he attacked another teammate by throwing him up against a wall and tearing off his chain.  you know why?  because this guy tried to use the microwave at the same time romo was.  they're nothing alike.  stop it.

He reminds SUNY_amherst of Romanowski because the former is a poor excuse for a troll.  No logic or rational words will reach him for that reason.  Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, teef said:

exactly.  the guy was a psycho.  the story goes that romo already had something in the mircowave, and this guy just added another item.  apparently the microwave was weak, and adding that second item threw off the timing, heat, etc and that was enough to set romo off.  the guy was a menace, but what an enforcer.  

You could probably start your own streaming show with Romo rooming with Richie Incognito. I’d be curious enough to keep one eye on that! 

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.