Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

On 12/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Basically everything he said was true and now you have to question Beane for not seeing this.  Yes the offence struggled all last season and Beane expected it to improve by signing scrubs for WR help?  Keep in mind they were so desperate last year that the Bills brought back both Brown and Beasely to finish the year.  On the defensive side , yes Miller relies on speed/bending around tackles and that is not happening with that knee.

End of the day had Beane improved the offence by signing Hopkins and not continue to talk up Gabe Davis as a true #2 WR then the offence improves from last season and Bills win a couple of those games from the Denver/Jets and Pats losses. The defence has always sucked and just put up stats against trash QB'S. The Bills success the past 3-4 years has always been just running up the score and being up 3-4 TD'S in the 4th quarter that you  never had to worry about last drive comebacks. Like how many times have Davis and Allen not been on the same page and it cost us, Davis is a terrible route runner and is at best a #3 WR in this league. 

For me Pegula has to insist with Beane and McDermott that they focus this offseason and improving the offence and resources are directed to that side of the ball. We have enough young guys on defence to be ok and that is all you need in this league if you have a lights out offence. Draft or sign a big DT so teams cannot run the ball and kill clock and just go out there and score. They lost Sunday because they took their time scoring on that last drive when they should have been going 2 min offence so you leave yourself time for one more possession. Did the same thing in other late game losses

Ummm, did you see that they fired the one man solely responsible for the offense's problems, and listen to all of the accurate criticism of said coordinator in the last year +??  Almost all of which is not just spouted off by irate fans but people who have played the game for years and know, in detail,  what they are talking about.

And have you see the proof of the problem in the dramatically improved offensive production in the first two weeks of the new season ?

To just disregard the facts in your post makes it very illogical and your analysis just crumbles like a house of cards.

This offense has enough talent to win the division, the AFC--and the Super Bowl.  Yes, it may be to late because of what that incompetent hack did to this offense, costing them game after game, scoreless quarter after scoreless quarter, but the talent is there and they are showing it, big time.

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Ummm, did you see that they fired the one man solely responsible for the offense's problems, and listen to all of the accurate criticism of said coordinator in the last year +??  Almost all of which is not just spouted off by irate fans but people who have played the game for years and know, in detail,  what they are talking about.

And have you see the proof of the problem in the dramatically improved offensive production in the first two weeks of the new season ?

To just disregard the facts in your post makes it very illogical and your analysis just crumbles like a house of cards.

This offense has enough talent to win the division, the AFC--and the Super Bowl.  Yes, it may be to late because of what that incompetent hack did to this offense, costing them game after game, scoreless quarter after scoreless quarter, but the talent is there and they are showing it, big time.

Let's see how it works out in final 5 games,  offence was better in small 2 game sample.  

I’m not gonna post a link, because I don’t want that smarmy SOB to get clicks, but he believes the offensive Offside shouldn’t have been called. This is from a freaking lawyer! Pattie Cakes is upset because he thinks that flags shouldn’t affect the outcomes of games. Well, which cave has that moron been living in, since his career began? Unfreakingreal. 

• Angry 1

13 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I’m not gonna post a link, because I don’t want that smarmy SOB to get clicks, but he believes the offensive Offside shouldn’t have been called. This is from a freaking lawyer! Pattie Cakes is upset because he thinks that flags shouldn’t affect the outcomes of games. Well, which cave has that moron been living in, since his career began? Unfreakingreal. 

Let’s say it wasn’t…game still wouldn’t have been over 

mahomes is an absolute idiot…I’ve lost so much respect for him tonight 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Meanwhile Cowherd keeps talking about "time left" for Allen before he falls apart like Newton and Big Ben--though, it should be noted how long the latter played in the NFL.

I genuinely like listening to The Herd. It's entertaining and I think he's actually very good in terms of creating analogies to relate real life situations with sports.

That said, Dude has a blind spot against Buffalo and Josh Allen in particular. 

Who are the QBs in the NFL who have started every game this season and are currently healthy?

Let Josh be Josh. He's less prone to injury if you ask him to do that.

2 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I stopped going to that site (Florio's) this year after they ended the comments sections. That was the best part. Especially just after I took the time to create an account to post.

Edited by chongli

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Maybe I'm missing context here, but a win is a win and moving on is all you can do. 

He's saying Allen sucks because the Bills lost 6 games. I'm pointing out Allen led game winning drives in 4 of those 6 losses, only to have the Bills defense fail. 

Then he says beating good teams doesn't matter, but how do you win a playoff game where every team is good?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's saying Allen sucks because the Bills lost 6 games. I'm pointing out Allen led game winning drives in 4 of those 6 losses, only to have the Bills defense fail. 

Then he says beating good teams doesn't matter, but how do you win a playoff game where every team is good?

Gotcha. Yeah I'd don't blame Allen for our losses (the jets loss may actually be on him if any). 

now I see what y'all were talking about. Idk but that second link wasn't up there when I first read the post. You're right man!

Edited by Goin Breakdown

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He never said Allen sucks, he said stats don't matter.  Also Allen led 4 scoring drives in those 6 losses, but they did not turn out to be winning drives.  Our team is 8-6 and presently not in the playoffs.  This is a team game, not an Allen game.  Stop the bromance and look at the total picture.

During the season it is only wins that matter.  Right now Miami has more than we do, regardless of who they got them against.

Also I would like to ask, what is more important, beating teams with winning records or not losing to teams with a losing record?

16 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I enjoy reading their forum, it is full of emotional disasters with ridiculous takes....it seems like its a bunch of 10 year olds with an occasional adult.

While I agree with your points on Finheaven, I have to say... have you ever read our forums? 

Edited by Brit
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brit said:

While agree with your points on Finheaven, I have to say... have you ever read our forums? 

Especially after a loss.

The fish fans are basically the toxicity of chiefs fans with cockiness with nothing to back it up. At the same time they have a superiority complex because *Miami*.

Edited by What a Tuel

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Especially after a loss.

The fish fans are basically the toxicity of chiefs fans with cockiness with nothing to back it up. At the same time they have a superiority complex because *Miami*.

What is the food….your cook it too long or it gets to hot it becomes a toxic?

5 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

The Dolphins fans are content to fry the Bills in 90 sunlight while the fins rest in the shade.

Happens every year.

I think the Bills will enjoy a January trip to South Florida, maybe for a night game.  Josh has played well in that stadium with good results other than the 12OF in the sun game with the Bills offense on the field for 90+ snaps where Diggs needed 2 IVs, OL got decimated with Tommy Doyle finishing out the game although his knee was wrecked and the offense lost the juice to finish 12+ play drives with TDs.  The Bills will play well there in week 18 and the Bills Mafia will show up and make themselves seen and heard.  If they had to return for a playoff game, that would be fine with me too.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think the Bills will enjoy a January trip to South Florida, maybe for a night game.  Josh has played well in that stadium with good results other than the 12OF in the sun game with the Bills offense on the field for 90+ snaps where Diggs needed 2 IVs, OL got decimated with Tommy Doyle finishing out the game although his knee was wrecked and the offense lost the juice to finish 12+ play drives with TDs.  The Bills will play well there in week 18 and the Bills Mafia will show up and make themselves seen and heard.  If they had to return for a playoff game, that would be fine with me too.  

Whats crazy too is the Bills had something like 500 yards of offense in that game. They dominated them despite the heat, just couldnt score 

• Agree 1

Cowherd has the Bills #3 in his hierarchy.  A lot of the talking heads are back on the Bills bandwagon big time, except Nick Wright.  He says the Bills get more media and Vegas love for doing nothing than the Chiefs and every other team in history.  

So this is where I start to feel uncomfortable.  We saw this after the Miami game, and then they fell apart vs Jacksonville.  When everybody loves the Bills and they appear to be almost at the peak of the mountain, they fall back down it.  I don't like it.  But hey, if they stumble vs LAC or Pats they certainly are frauds and I'm not going to sweat it.  I just hope KC and Dallas weren't our "AFC Championship Game" and "Super Bowl".

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

The Dolphins fans are content to fry the Bills in 90 sunlight while the fins rest in the shade.

Happens every year.

That works much better in September which is still very much the middle of summer for them than it does in December.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1