Officials allowed the Chiefs to cheat the entire game

Gisele

I was so happy football was back, and then the refs reminded me how pathetic the NFL really is.

When was the last time you heard EVERYONE in the booth calling out the Chiefs and the Refs for blatantly cheating? Even TERRY MCAULAY was calling them out like "I dont know what they're doing down on that field?!?"

Allowing Taylor to CHEAT (early start, misaligned, holding, tripping...) all night because they knew Hutchinson would otherwise eat his lunch and kill the Golden Boy.

I do appreciate them finally calling it on 4th and 20 to end the game, and agree Taylor was tipping plays all night. But they should never have been in that position in the first place.

Great game except for the refs. Typical NFL.

2 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Some of the onus lies of the Lions staff and players for not bringing it to the officials attention (if they did not do so). If they did and it was still allowed then that is not a good look at all, on national TV with even the announcers cracking jokes about it almost every play. It was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Blaming the Lions for the Chiefs cheating is a definite Collinsworth move.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I was so happy football was back, and then the refs reminded me how pathetic the NFL really is.

When was the last time you heard EVERYONE in the booth calling out the Chiefs and the Refs for blatantly cheating? Even TERRY MCAULAY was calling them out like "I dont know what they're doing down on that field?!?"

Allowing Taylor to CHEAT (early start, misaligned, holding, tripping...) all night because they knew Hutchinson would otherwise eat his lunch and kill the Golden Boy.

I do appreciate them finally calling it on 4th and 20 to end the game, and agree Taylor was tipping plays all night. But they should never have been in that position in the first place.

Great game except for the refs. Typical NFL.

Yes, and it was 2 distinct infractions - 1. Lined up wrong with reference to the center (illegal formation). 2. Moving before the snap of the ball (false start) . 

It really is crazy when all football fans around the world, announcers, and rules expert all see it and the idiots at the nfl offices don’t take action. What happened to the nfl eye in the sky guy at NY who is known to send in game instructions to the officials. 

Guys, this is no incredible revelation. 

OL, especially OT routinely line up deeper and in a 2 point stance on pass plays, and closer to the LOS and in a 3 point stance. You see this with essentially all NFL teams. Is it a 100% tell?  No, but probably better than 80%. 

what was different last night was how deep 74 lines up, and his consistent false starts. 

The false starts should have been called. You call one or two of these and he stops it. 

The lining up in the backfield is prevalent throughout the NFL. Oftentimes the slot receiver is closer to the LOS than are the OT. The officials seem to call it at random times.

This is a rule that should be fixed. Its not like holding where there are grey areas. Either  change the rule so OT are permitted in the backfield, or call the foul. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I really do not like Ref John Hussey. I've seen multiple times last year when he let emotions take over. As a ref, you can't do that. He wasn't bad last night, other than his crew being whistle-less. 

He’s a total Richard

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

And he hits him in the face twice on that play illegal hands to the face and no call

Hands to the face I myself give the refs a break on, there is no way you can watch all 22 players at one time.. some thing like that will be missed.. now missing an uncountable amount of false starts and illegal formations.. those are inexcusable. 

3 hours ago, Gisele said:

Was talked about a lot during the game but haven't seen it here.  The league better let it go this weekend but starting next Tuesday, they'd better address this with all officiating crews.  Allowing the tackles to line up in the backfield AND ignoring the false starts is totally unacceptable.  

But it was so beautiful and karmic how he was called for it at the worst time with the game on the line.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As Chris Simms has repeatedly said (and I agree with him), o-line players across the board are getting more non-calls going their way these days because today’s defensive linemen are SUCH better athletes than before — and better athletes by a good ways than offensive linemen on average. They’re basically changing the rules to account for this disparity without actually officially changing them. I have come to accept it because at least I know the unwritten rules now. I suggest just accepting it. The league wants to protect QBs, and this is how they do it in a context of physically overmatched offensive linemen.

That's fine, but the problem is that it's not being called (or no-called) consistently.

Even in that game, the refs finally called it - right at a critical moment, after not calling it all game.

In one game, they'll call it multiple times, in another they'll let it slide.

Because of the inconsistancy, I don't buy Simms and your explanation about "changing the rules without changing them".

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Nails on a chalkboard everytime that guy opens his mouth but I never thought i'd live to see the day that he said/observed anything negative about the chiefs

Well, he observed one thing negative.

Can you imagine Collinsworth if McDermott made some of the choices and Josh made some of the throws Mahomes made last night?  Going for it on 4th and 20, 4th and 25?  Some of the throws that were missed?

21 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Guys, this is no incredible revelation. 

OL, especially OT routinely line up deeper and in a 2 point stance on pass plays, and closer to the LOS and in a 3 point stance. You see this with essentially all NFL teams. Is it a 100% tell?  No, but probably better than 80%. 

what was different last night was how deep 74 lines up, and his consistent false starts. 

The false starts should have been called. You call one or two of these and he stops it. 

The lining up in the backfield is prevalent throughout the NFL. Oftentimes the slot receiver is closer to the LOS than are the OT. The officials seem to call it at random times.

This is a rule that should be fixed. Its not like holding where there are grey areas. Either  change the rule so OT are permitted in the backfield, or call the foul. 

This.

This is the way.

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That got me too.  "The Chiefs are consistently breaking the rules, the refs aren't calling it, that's on the Lions coaches"

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

That rocking back and forth like a drug addict was a bigger tell than Lamar's habit of tucking his chin on handoffs and keeping his head up if he was going to keep it and run.

yea and i counted him doing that 5 times in ONE play..

Now within the first second or 2 you can rock. but then after that you have to stay still. If you rock while the ball is snapped on a quick snap they can call it.. but after 2 seconds he literally rocked his rear end back 5 times. then when the ball was snapped he was off the line before everyone else. 

TRUST ME   NY/commish will have a meeting over this one.... 

46 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I really do not like Ref John Hussey. I've seen multiple times last year when he let emotions take over. As a ref, you can't do that. He wasn't bad last night, other than his crew being whistle-less. 

Am I the only one who thought Steve Carell was reffing last night?

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

Totally agree. He is a total headcase, screaming at players and coaches. I have seen him almost itch for a fight with players. It’s bizarre.

I just want consistency. If they want to change the rules and allow it then do that. What is frustrating is we will see other teams called for penalties if they try the same thing. It did hurt kc in the end as it was clear when they were passing vs running. But the whole game that little extra is all kc needed to slow Hutchinson. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Spencer Brown breathes before the snap....FLAG!!! 

If Sauce Ahmad Gardner pulls Diggs jersey for 10 yards..... _________________________ 

FTFY. This guy gets veteran treatment from the league because he became famous before playing a single NFL down because he has a cool nickname. Remember Snacks Harrison? And you think this is bad? Next year we're getting Kool-Aid Mckinstry. They're just gonna let him straight tackle receivers. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Well, he observed one thing negative.

Can you imagine Collinsworth TBD if McDermott made some of the choices and Josh made some of the throws Mahomes made last night?  Going for it on 4th and 20, 4th and 25?  Some of the throws that were missed?

Fixed :)

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

That's fine, but the problem is that it's not being called (or no-called) consistently.

Even in that game, the refs finally called it - right at a critical moment, after not calling it all game.

In one game, they'll call it multiple times, in another they'll let it slide.

Because of the inconsistancy, I don't buy Simms and your explanation about "changing the rules without changing them".

Nothing is ever called consistently. I am just saying that linemen are given more leeway than in the past because they're facing far better athletes than their predecessors were 25-30 years ago or so, especially since the league decided it wanted to be a passing league with fewer injured QBs. Good big-men athletes get fed into the d-line from early on; the lesser specimens become o-linemen. There are of course some good o-line athletes, but on average they're measurably inferior.  

You know, scrubbing that video above kind of changes my mind on this. Pause it at 4 seconds and then scrub watching the RT and the ball. He moves as soon as the center moves the ball, but the rest of the line doesn't move until the ball is halfway to Mahomes. The top of his helmet is also right at the waistline of the center. If you look at the OL, Taylor is the only one who's looking at the ball in the center's hand. He can do that because he's lined up so far back. The rest of them are going by sound. Light travels much faster than sound. I've been screaming about this all day, but Taylor may actually be in the right here. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You know, scrubbing that video above kind of changes my mind on this. Pause it at 4 seconds and then scrub watching the RT and the ball. He moves as soon as the center moves the ball, but the rest of the line doesn't move until the ball is halfway to Mahomes. The top of his helmet is also right at the waistline of the center. If you look at the OL, Taylor is the only one who's looking at the ball in the center's hand. He can do that because he's lined up so far back. The rest of them are going by sound. Light travels much faster than sound. I've been screaming about this all day, but Taylor may actually be in the right here. 

Start it at the 2 second mark and watch in slow motion.  Taylor is already jumping out of his stance and moving his upper body backward a full second before the snap.  Thats a false start on top of illegal formation.  By the time the ball is snapped hes just continuing the motion.  Why the refs let him rock back and forth and twitch his feet all night is a mystery to me.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Start it at the 2 second mark and watch in slow motion.  Taylor is already jumping out of his stance and moving his upper body backward a full second before the snap.  Thats a false start on top of illegal formation.  By the time the ball is snapped hes just continuing the motion.  Why the refs let him rock back and forth and twitch his feet all night is a mystery to me.

You're right. He spends an entire 2 seconds rocking and forth. He never really sets.

From the 1st quarter on I couldn't believe my eyes. Taylor was rising early on every single snap. Their LT wasn't.  Did this guy get a "all-game coupon" for false starts from Steve Carell?  And on top of that he was nearly 2 yards off the line. We know that Mahomes is the new Brady Golden boy but good Lord NFL, enforce your own rules.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I agree with all of this. If the penalty is not going to be called, then the league should remove any pretext and just amend the rule and allow OTs to line up behind the center’s ass when they want to. It makes no sense to have rules if there is no intention of enforcing them. 

Think they rather leave them as is and just call penalties when it suits their objectives and yes the league does seem to have some objectives at times over which team wins any particular game.  It's not so much the league is scripted as it just makes it easier for to get outcomes it seems to prefer.  

36 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The guard  is lined up with his helmet breaking the center’s hip like he should be. Taylor is lined up with his helmet breaking the guard’s hip, which puts his helmet behind the center’s ass, which is illegal according to the rules. The OT must also line up with his helmet in line with the center’s hip. That is clear as day in the clip above.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

He did the same thing in Jacksonville last year in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The guard  is lined up with his helmet breaking the center’s hip like he should be. Taylor is lined up with his helmet breaking the guard’s hip, which puts his helmet behind the center’s ass, which is illegal according to the rules. The OT must also line up with his helmet in line with the center’s hip. That is clear as day in the clip above.

I see that now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.