Chiefs vs Lions NFL Opener

aristocrat

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Without Kelce this season might be a dumpster fire for KC. They look like a 8-9 win team. Anyone with a defense and competent offense should dominate control the flow of the game. KC has horrible WRs. Ouch. I expect they make a trade. 

Man wouldn't it be something if the AFC West turns into the meat grinder this year that everybody expected last year. Now's the time to cook more than boiled hot dogs Russ, you weirdo. I'm also higher on the Raiders than most. That d-line is going to terrorize KC if tonight is any indication.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Mahomes’ receivers didn’t do him any favors, and the pick 6 wasn’t on him, but he was inaccurate and had poor ball placement all night. That’s just truth. 

Agree. The drops forced receivers to stop and turn as opposed to a drop that was in stride. Not his best night for sure.

• Agree 5

Just now, DapperCam said:

Maybe his skills aren’t declining, but maybe it’s harder to put up gaudy numbers when you aren’t passing to HOF receivers.

I think his arm is shot. He better just focus on keeping his brother out of jail and helping his wife fix her horse face

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Without Kelce this season might be a dumpster fire for KC. They look like a 8-9 win team. Anyone with a defense and competent offense should dominate control the flow of the game. KC has horrible WRs. Ouch. I expect they make a trade. 

Yes - but their tackles looks noticeably worse than last years. The RT clown show will NOT last vs refs all year . LT takes penalties. His career MO

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Mahomes looked like a good player but not elite without Kelce. Reminds me of all the Allen haters before he had Diggs

The Chiefs lack offensive weapons after Hill left. It was really amazing how they won a SB with just Kelce as their lone weapon. 

In the end I think the Chiefs will be the team to beat. 

Simple: Mahomes + Elite Oline + Andy Reid = Super Bowls. 

Right now, I'm just going to enjoy the Chiefs loss. I liked every minute of it. 

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Andy Reid is no stranger to losing week 1. Used to piss Eagles fans off something fierce. They'd come out flat, have weird coaching decisions and get beat, everyone would freak out, then they'd end up in the NFC Championship game.

True but the NFC East sucked during that stretch.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They still have huge question marks at offensive tackle…that was absolutely insane what they were getting away with today.  Chiefs oline should’ve gotten massacred 

I expect a statement from the NFL regarding the OT lining up and false starting tomorrow morning. That was atrocious.

every team in the NFL should have submitted tape and asked if this is now legal so they can implement for week 1.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hard complete passes when they drop them when the do get open and fail to get open a lot! Again the Chiefs did him bad with this WR group it seems.. 

That’s the point…

Yea, Chiefs really screwed him over by giving him an elite IOL, spending big $$$ on Taylor and drafting back to back RD2 WR’s.    

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Mahomes’ receivers didn’t do him any favors, and the pick 6 wasn’t on him, but he was inaccurate and had poor ball placement all night. That’s just truth. 

Yeah it was kind of ironic he threw a pick on a throw that should have been a catch instead of all the ones that looked like they had a chance to be picked, he was looking for an interception tonight just funny it happened on a good pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Replacing Juju with Toney maybe wasn’t the best move. But it is just week 1. I’m sure that KC will be rolling by Thanksgiving. But they might have to make a trade for a WR at the deadline.

Will the real Kadarius Toney please stand up.. (I was high on him honestly)

Will the real Sky Moore please stand up

Will the real CEH please stand up. 

Davis is superior to them. Harty too. This board would be going nuts if that was us. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was an easy catch! A HS WR could catch that! He dropped it because he turned to run before he had the dang ball..  Reid I also think was foolish going for it on 4th and 20.. punt it you have the 2 minute warning and 3 time outs..  

bro. If that’s Josh Allen throwing that ball - he’s pointing out ball was a bit behind . 100 take it to the damn bank

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Agree. The drops forced receivers to stop and turn as opposed to a drop that was in stride. Not his best night for sure.

Was a sloppy night overall.. I think like most QBs Mahomes was uncomfortable without his security blanket in Kelce. I think a few easy passes to Kelse gets him in rhythm and I think tonight he didn’t trust his WR. 

1 minute ago, balln said:

bro. If that’s Josh Allen throwing that ball - he’s pointing out ball was a bit behind . 100 take it to the damn bank

Oh I could care less about the announcers! (I turn them off for home games) If that was Allen/Burrows heck even Mac Jones that is 100% on the receiver.  You have to make that catch! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

was really impressed with montgomery's rushing tonight

The Bills have 2 no-nonsense running backs now that can play that type of game.

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I'm also higher on the Raiders than most. That d-line is going to terrorize KC if tonight is any indication.

Chandler Jones is saying he doesn't want to play for the Raiders ever again.

4 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

After months of Bills fans civil war during the off-season (Bills defenders vs. Bills attackers) this is an outcome we all can rejoice in and the best opening to the season possible.

I actually believe there are some upset posters on this board right now.

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, beebe said:

the chiefs treat the regular season like it's preseason. the bills treat a chiefs loss like it's winning the super bowl. 

You think the perpetual one seed who always has a massive competitive advantage with a bye/home field in the playoffs treats the regular season like the preseason? Lol 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Will the real Kadarius Toney please stand up.. (I was high on him honestly)

Will the real Sky Moore please stand up

Will the real CEH please stand up. 

Davis is superior to them. Harty too. This board would be going nuts if that was us. 

Toney will eventually figure it out. He was open most of the game, dude just couldn’t catch a cold. Moore is just a bad receiver. Rice flashed and will likely turn into a good WR. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Andy Reid is no stranger to losing week 1. Used to piss Eagles fans off something fierce. They'd come out flat, have weird coaching decisions and get beat, everyone would freak out, then they'd end up in the NFC Championship game.

And then he’d choke all over again.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Toney will eventually figure it out. He was open most of the game, dude just couldn’t catch a cold. Moore is just a bad receiver. Rice flashed and will likely turn into a good WR. 

Ya Rice looked like he has alot of potential.  Mind boggling they kept the young kid Ross on sideline over Toney/Moore

And how tf did it take 58 minutes to call Taylor, the RT for a penalty? That was some 🤡 bs

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

Every team going forward should be calling out Jawaan Taylor when he tries the same BS in future games. Glad to see he's being paid $80 million over 4 years for that kind of scared-as$ play.

No doubt. He was embarrassingly awful and somehow got away with something like 20 false starts?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

It's nice that he manages to get find a way to get open now if only his hands would come with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was an easy catch! A HS WR could catch that! He dropped it because he turned to run before he had the dang ball..  Reid I also think was foolish going for it on 4th and 20.. punt it you have the 2 minute warning and 3 time outs..  

I think he was so frustrated he just said f*** it 😂 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

Mahomes was the leading rusher for KC. If he doesn't learn to stop running then he's not gonna make it. 

Hmmm and they lost.. also his biggest run setting up the TD the refs asked a blatant block in the back. KC looked bad tonight and their RT got away with lining up incorrectly AND false starting almost all night. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Mahomes was the leading rusher for KC. If he doesn't learn to stop running then he's not gonna make it. 

He should have been lit up a couple times, but for some reason, the Lions defenders almost tried to get out of the way instead of hitting him.  But, they know that even if the hit is 100% legal, the refs would call them, so I guess they probably did what they thought they should have to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.