Beane adding a QB to the Practice Squad most likely tomorrow

BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The problem with Wentz on your PS is he is a difficult teammate. Some of the stories about him marching around the locker room in Philly telling teammates they were with team Wentz or team Foles are frightening. 

Safe to say he’s been humbled since then wouldnt you say?

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I would pay good money to see the ensuing hilarity if he pulled that "Team Josh or Team Carson" in the Bills locker room

Who’s it gonna be guys? The 250 million dollar man or then PS QB?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Have to assume practice squad status would temper Wentz's personality issues. Can't imagine there's a better option for an emergency QB.

frankly, I think your practice squad guy is less someone you expect to win a game this year and more someone that you can throw to the wolves as scout team qb that impersonates upcoming qbs styles etc… 

if we are on the third qb, whether that guy is 65th or 72nd best in the league will matter little but he can actually help the starters get ready for games 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Still holding out hope it’s Duggan time but I have a feeling it may be a vet 

I thought Duggan would have been a good pick in the 7th when he was still on the board and we were up. Would be interesting to bring him in now but I bet they are looking for an experienced vet that can have a leadership role in practice similar to Barkley. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don’t think anyone would expect him put himself up against Josh in a head to head. 

he sure could easily say “can’t believe he missed you stef” or “I’m team Elam” if he’s that incredibly out of touch with managing social settings though 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I say bring in Wentz. He’s certainly not great by any stretch but you aren’t going to get a guy that gives you a better shot at maybe being decent for a stretch. Nobody will have more upside and nobody will have more ability. Maybe this system unlocks his original self a little and we can have a guy behind Josh that could salvage a season incase of injury 

Definitely not a “process” guy.  Doesn’t take coaching advice and teammates don’t like him.

12 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Fromm is coming back !!!

I took a look at the list of players who were released yesterday and saw him on there and thought "oh no". It honestly wouldn't shock me. I'm not condoning it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Edit: Washington signed him to their Practice Squad *phew*

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I would pay good money to see the ensuing hilarity if he pulled that "Team Josh or Team Carson" in the Bills locker room

I think the result would be Carson’s head in the toilet for a Royal Flush.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

frankly, I think your practice squad guy is less someone you expect to win a game this year and more someone that you can throw to the wolves as scout team qb that impersonates upcoming qbs styles etc… 

if we are on the third qb, whether that guy is 65th or 72nd best in the league will matter little but he can actually help the starters get ready for games 

QB2 man's the scout team and impersonates QBs majority

QB3 gets a few of QB2 reps 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I say bring in Wentz. He’s certainly not great by any stretch but you aren’t going to get a guy that gives you a better shot at maybe being decent for a stretch. Nobody will have more upside and nobody will have more ability. Maybe this system unlocks his original self a little and we can have a guy behind Josh that could salvage a season incase of injury 

I dislike Wentz. He’s cocky and arrogant. His attitude doesn’t match his performance. He has an extremely punchable face…

snd yet he’s still better than Kyle Allen. Sign me up 😛

14 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Must be the memory of Wentz having all pro games vs Bills.

He did play well against us. I remember thinking he was on the verge of being elite. 

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

I dislike Wentz. He’s cocky and arrogant. His attitude doesn’t match his performance. He has an extremely punchable face…

snd yet he’s still better than Kyle Allen. Sign me up 😛

Wonder if his early career injuries were because some of his ol were team other rostered qb.  Team chemistry is important I'd not sign any players that promote dissent when things don't go their way.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Wonder if his early career injuries were because some of his ol were team other rostered qb.  Team chemistry is important I'd not sign any players that promote dissent when things don't go their way.

I agree. They wouldn’t sign him if he was a distraction, or at least I hope Beane and McD know that. I sound redundant but Kyle Allen is not a good NFL QB. We need a reliable option…

I thought Trubisky was the best back up. Keenum could play. KA looks inept. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What they were saying here in Indy is that he refuses to be coached

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah.  If they think he can play, sign him.  Not worried about him tearing apart the locker room, especially if he's making the minimum.

17 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

But Corral has done nothing. Is he a legitimate #2?

Looks like he just got lost in the shuffle.  Was hurt last year so couldn't show anything, is too young and inexperienced to be any good to Young as a backup.  I'm all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I agree. They wouldn’t sign him if he was a distraction, or at least I hope Beane and McD know that. I sound redundant but Kyle Allen is not a good NFL QB. We need a reliable option…

I thought Trubisky was the best back up. Keenum could play. KA looks inept. 

Well I'm willing to see how he does after he's had time with practicing with team and knowing playbook better.  When u got so much talent in ur qb1 u aren't gonna find a great match for qb2.

25 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The legit #2 is already on the roster…like it or not. 

I agree that Kyle Allen is the backup. But if Matt Barkley getting the first reps in the 2nd PS game and the supposed off air leaked audio from the Bears booth is any indication - they aren't exactly 100% comfortable with him if Josh goes down.

With that said, I'd expect someone who has experience and can be more comfortably called upon in an emergency as opposed to a young developmental player without any experience.

But we will see. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think it will be a QB who will still thinks he still can be a starter and will be willing to sign to PS so he will get NFL exposure even if it is just reporters talking about practices and speaking to players and staff on his preparation.

My preference would be someone who may have seen things Josh has not.  

The Bills already have a younger QB on roster.

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I think they need to sign a guy with excellent mobility. Josh hides a lot of O-line sins. 

Absolutely

Whenever I think of the perfect practice squad candidate, I think of a player that can emulate Josh Allen’s play so that the defense can practice against mobile QBs

Ideally, I just like to see Kyle Allen replaced and put on the practice squad

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

PETERMAN

PETERMAN

the return of the prodigal son.

He was drafted by McBeane so there's that... 

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Fromm is coming back !!!

Is he still elite?

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

Well I'm willing to see how he does after he's had time with practicing with team and knowing playbook better.  When u got so much talent in ur qb1 u aren't gonna find a great match for qb2.

True. But you don’t need a match necessarily. Even if the Bills signed a ‘pocket QB’ they could game plan to his strengths.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The problem with Wentz on your PS is he is a difficult teammate. Some of the stories about him marching around the locker room in Philly telling teammates they were with team Wentz or team Foles are frightening. 

Word on the street is he wasn’t like that until he married that Megan Markle chick. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What you heard and whats true could be very different. Also people can change when they are looking for a job.

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

What you heard and whats true could be very different. Also people can change when they are looking for a job.

He was a problem when he was the #2 Pick in the Draft, Franchise QB, with a Superstar season, and when he was an unquestioned starter or in a competition for the Starting Role.

Now he's a guy who is unemployed. Can't even get a backup job. He has to be on his best behavior. As a Practice Squad QB behind someone like Josh Allen, what kind of trouble can he really cause?

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He was a problem when he was the #2 Pick in the Draft, Franchise QB, with a Superstar season, and when he was an unquestioned starter or in a competition for the Starting Role.

Now he's a guy who is unemployed. Can't even get a backup job. He has to be on his best behavior. As a Practice Squad QB behind someone like Josh Allen, what kind of trouble can he really cause?

Wentz sucks at football.  There is no reason to even consider him.  It is insane that two teams traded high draft picks for him after his flameout in Philly.  Just shows how incompetent some teams are, as if we needed more evidence.  At least Corral is an unknown and has some potential upside.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wentz sucks at football.  There is no reason to even consider him.  It is insane that two teams traded high draft picks for him after his flameout in Philly.  Just shows how incompetent some teams are, as if we needed more evidence.  At least Corral is an unknown and has some potential upside.

And yet I’ve somehow seen him beat Josh and the Bills twice in Orchard park since 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

He was an All Pro in 2017. He has played well in the past. Yes, he's also looked bad in different situations often. But we're not asking him to start. He's a Practice Squad QB, Backup at best. And when looking at a Backup, a guy who has the potential to perform well is about the best you can ask for.

That said, I think Matt Corral is more likely. Especially after reading Frank Reich wants him back and he didn't come back yet:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/30/panthers-frank-reich-i-would-love-to-get-matt-corral-back/

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-add-11-players-to-the-practice-squad

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.