Conor Orr (from Si.com) and his prediction: Bills at 9-8 🤔

Italian Bills

4 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok, everything in sport is possible, but com’on, calling the Bills at a 9-8 season it seem a little exaggerated to me. 

And plus the Pats winning the Division. 

I leave the link for you to see. 

Comments (honest) ?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/24/nfl-season-preview-predicting-every-game-daily-cover

He's got is for 3 straight home loses in October.  Wow!

I can see all four teams finishing within say three games of one another though. 

I don't think the Patriots will win the division, but I could see the Bills having a disappointing season.

With the difficult division games, I think we will split with Miami, sweep the Patriots, and we could either split with the jets or be swept.  The Jets defense has played the Bills really tough the last two years.

With the difficult non division games, I could see the Bills going 7-4 or 6-5.

Based on those potential outcomes, the Bills final season record could be anywhere from 11-6 to 9-8.

My biggest concern is the loss of Edmunds.  I was disappointing that no move was made to upgrade the middle linebacker position in the off season and instead we rolled the dice on existing players to fill the void.

All the people that bashed Edmunds on this board in the past will see what we had in Edmunds with our defense falling out of the top five this year.

Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

What do people see in the Patriots? They clearly have the least talented roster in the division.

i dont know.

they have the fewest stars.   One  (Judon)

they have the fewest elite players.  zero  (unless you count Special Teams, i think.  Belihick thinks Slater is HOF)

their key will be protecting their QB better than the other 3 teams in the division.   He is not a bad QB.  Like Burrow without the full physical toolset.

run the ball.   move the chains.   Even a field goal is a win.   Grind every week with a protected QB.

I dont know how good their OL talent is.  

Edited by maddenboy
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

My biggest concern is the loss of Edmunds.  I was disappointing that no move was made to upgrade the middle linebacker position in the off season and instead we rolled the dice on existing players to fill the void.

All the people that bashed Edmunds on this board in the past will see what we had in Edmunds with our defense falling out of the top five this year.

The hope around here is that

1)  they did not neglect to fill the mlb spot

2) since they arent inept, they must have a plan.  And since there's no mlb on the roster, 2 weeks before the season starts,

3) The plan all along is that they are going to scheme around it.  And devote more resources to offense.

I mean, its not Madden, so they cant just trade for a top mlb.   IRL they have to work with what they got

Edited by maddenboy
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

The hope around here is that

1)  they did not neglect to fill the mlb spot

2) since they arent inept, they must have a plan.  And since there's no mlb on the roster, 2 weeks before the season starts,

3) The plan all along is that they are going to scheme around it.  And devote more resources to offense.

I mean, its not Madden, so they cant just trade for a top mlb.   IRL they have to work with what they got

Exactly.  That is my concern.

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok, everything in sport is possible, but com’on, calling the Bills at a 9-8 season it seem a little exaggerated to me. 

Comments (honest) ?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/24/nfl-season-preview-predicting-every-game-daily-cover

If this happens, I know what I will be doing...

...Sometimes I slowly drift away
From all the dull routine
That's with me every day
A fantasy will come to me
Diamonds are what I really need
Think I'll rob a store, escape the law
And live in Italy...

I’m excited for football to be back but less excited about Bills football this year. Hopefully that changes after a few weeks of real games. 

For some reason, it feels like this team is an inch away from crumbling. Like it’s all a house of cards. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

I think 9-8 is the absolute floor but it possible. I think we are headed for an 11-6 or 10-7 type season myself but SI shouldn't be taken seriously in anything and this to me is a writer who is working for a fledgling company trying to draw clicks by having the Patriots win the division. Nothing more nothing less.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think 9-8 is the absolute floor but it possible. I think we are headed for an 11-6 or 10-7 type season myself but SI shouldn't be taken seriously in anything and this to me is a writer who is working for a fledgling company trying to draw clicks by having the Patriots win the division. Nothing more nothing less.

Not to defend the author because I disagree with his take, but to say Sports Illustrated is a fledgling company is pretty silly.  I have been reading SI for over 50 years.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Comments (honest) ?

He has the Pats sweeping the division! Lmao but then losing to bad teams..  I could see the Pats at 10-7… if everything went perfect for them, but they umm rarely ever swept the division, the usually lose one in Miami alone even when Brady was here. 

My prediction:

Bills 10-7 (sweep Pats/ sit players last game

Pats 9-8 (Jones rebounds back/ top 4 D)

Jets 8-9 (O line holds them back)

Miami 5-11 (Tua gets hurt again early)

• Agree 1

The schedule is brutal, hardest this version of team has had.  The following scenario isn’t unreasonable one.

Division Games - Pats, Dolphins, Jets X2.  3-3 is not unreasonable 

Likely Losses - @ Eagles, @ Chiefs, @ Bengals. 0-3

Tossups - Jags, Cowboys, @ Chargers. 2-1

Should be wins, but never know - @ WTF, Giants, Broncos. 2-1

Easy W - Raiders, Bucs. 2-0

I feel this 9-8 scenario or 10-7 is most likely.  Pats winning division, almost no way I see that happening.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MJS said:

What do people see in the Patriots? They clearly have the least talented roster in the division.

😕 They have:

MJ🏈12 ™️©️®️

Greatest QB since Tommy 'Two Ball Compound' Brady! 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
™️©️®️

8 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

The schedule is brutal, hardest this version of team has had.  The following scenario isn’t unreasonable one.

Division Games - Pats, Dolphins, Jets X2.  3-3 is not unreasonable 

Likely Losses - @ Eagles, @ Chiefs, @ Bengals. 0-3

Tossups - Jags, Cowboys, @ Chargers. 2-1

Should be wins, but never know - @ WTF, Giants, Broncos. 2-1

Easy W - Raiders, Bucs. 2-0

I feel this 9-8 scenario or 10-7 is most likely.  Pats winning division, almost no way I see that happening.

lol ok

1, they're not going 3-3 in division. They'll be sweeping Miami and NE.

2, they're not going 0-3 versus the eagles, chiefs and bengals. they'll win AT MINIMUM one of those.

3, Let's slow our roll on the Jags and Cowboys, shall we? They're hardly tossups

4, if this team loses to Washington, NYG or the Broncos, then they're really bad

5, finally you got something right.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

lol ok

2, they're not going 0-3 versus the eagles, chiefs and bengals. they'll win AT MINIMUM one of those.

3, Let's slow our roll on the Jags and Cowboys, shall we? They're hardly tossups

4, if this team loses to Washington, NYG or the Broncos, then they're really bad

✍️ Noted.

9-8 floor, 11-6 is ceiling.  Hope I’m wrong and your 13-4ish prediction is correct.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

lol ok

1. Miami has improved so splitting isn’t hard to believe, and the Jets sweeping the Bills is also a possibility. (Unlikely but could happen) 

2. which one do you see the Bills winning?

3. Cowboys are a very good regular season team, Jags are improving.. going 2-1 (with the chargers added as well) is possible if not likely.

4. Giants were a playoff team last year, Denver if Wilson regains his form will be pretty dang good..

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

1. Miami has improved so splitting isn’t hard to believe, and the Jets sweeping the Bills is also a possibility. (Unlikely but could happen) 

2. which one do you see the Bills winning?

3. Cowboys are a very good regular season team, Jags are improving.. going 2-1 (with the chargers added as well) is possible if not likely.

4. Giants were a playoff team last year, Denver if Wilson regains his form will be pretty dang good..

1, I'm not sold on miami's improvements

2, Eagles, and maybe Chiefs as well, they've beaten the chiefs a few times the past few seasons

3, cowboys are criminally overrated. Jags i'm waiting and seeing, and who knows about the chargers

4, giants were incredibly lucky last year. Wilson is cooked

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Comments (honest) ?

He probably takes preseason performances seriously. 

Bills

Floor - 10-7

Ceiling - 12-5

My prediction 11-6.

If the Bills can win the opener, they have a nice run of games they should win before playing at the Bengals. In that stretch is Miami at home and Jacksonville in London. Those won't be easy, but the Bills will be favored and "should" win. Of course, this is the Bills, and they always seem to have that one horrific loss every year that they shouldn't lose but do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Comments (honest) ?

If what we saw against the Steelers is who we are, we are playing for the first pick. That's the worst case. I won't lie, I was shocked at how disorganized they were. I know it's preseason, but you play those games to tune up, not throw up on yourselves. I need to see them play better vs Chicago.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He has the Pats sweeping the division! Lmao but then losing to bad teams..  I could see the Pats at 10-7… if everything went perfect for them, but they umm rarely ever swept the division, the usually lose one in Miami alone even when Brady was here. 

My prediction:

Bills 10-7 (sweep Pats/ sit players last game

Pats 9-8 (Jones rebounds back/ top 4 D)

Jets 8-9 (O line holds them back)

Miami 5-11 (Tua gets hurt again early)

So let’s get this straight:  are you predicting a death during a Miami game?  😢 

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

I’m excited for football to be back but less excited about Bills football this year. Hopefully that changes after a few weeks of real games. 

For some reason, it feels like this team is an inch away from crumbling. Like it’s all a house of cards. 

I agree. This season’s roster has the feel of something being held together with rubber bands and scotch tape to me. I really hope I’m wrong, but my expectations are not very high. But…. Wouldn’t it be great if this was the year it all came together? 
Go Bills 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

The thing about the Patriots is they have a solid defense which can keep them in games. Then, they added Bill O'Brien as an actual OC...and that really will make a huge difference in their offense. BOB is a horrible GM but he can call an offense well. That will be a huge step up from Matt Patricia. Mac doesn't have to be fantastic to win games. 

That said I still see them as having the least talented roster top to bottom in the division. I think they are good enough to maybe steal a game or two from the Jets and or Dolphins...and if they catch the Bills off guard could even sneak a game from Buffalo. 

All in all I have them in 3rd in the division, challenging the Dolphins for 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.