Conor Orr (from Si.com) and his prediction: Bills at 9-8 🤔

Italian Bills

Ok, everything in sport is possible, but com’on, calling the Bills at a 9-8 season it seem a little exaggerated to me. 

And plus the Pats winning the Division. 

I leave the link for you to see. 

Comments (honest) ?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/24/nfl-season-preview-predicting-every-game-daily-cover

• Vomit 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok, everything in sport is possible, but com’on, calling the Bills at a 9-8 season it seem a little exaggerated to me. 

Comments (honest) ?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/24/nfl-season-preview-predicting-every-game-daily-cover

He's got is for 3 straight home loses in October.  Wow!

I can see all four teams finishing within say three games of one another though. 

I don't think the Patriots will win the division, but I could see the Bills having a disappointing season.

With the difficult division games, I think we will split with Miami, sweep the Patriots, and we could either split with the jets or be swept.  The Jets defense has played the Bills really tough the last two years.

With the difficult non division games, I could see the Bills going 7-4 or 6-5.

Based on those potential outcomes, the Bills final season record could be anywhere from 11-6 to 9-8.

My biggest concern is the loss of Edmunds.  I was disappointing that no move was made to upgrade the middle linebacker position in the off season and instead we rolled the dice on existing players to fill the void.

All the people that bashed Edmunds on this board in the past will see what we had in Edmunds with our defense falling out of the top five this year.

Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

What do people see in the Patriots? They clearly have the least talented roster in the division.

i dont know.

they have the fewest stars.   One  (Judon)

they have the fewest elite players.  zero  (unless you count Special Teams, i think.  Belihick thinks Slater is HOF)

their key will be protecting their QB better than the other 3 teams in the division.   He is not a bad QB.  Like Burrow without the full physical toolset.

run the ball.   move the chains.   Even a field goal is a win.   Grind every week with a protected QB.

I dont know how good their OL talent is.  

Edited by maddenboy
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

My biggest concern is the loss of Edmunds.  I was disappointing that no move was made to upgrade the middle linebacker position in the off season and instead we rolled the dice on existing players to fill the void.

All the people that bashed Edmunds on this board in the past will see what we had in Edmunds with our defense falling out of the top five this year.

The hope around here is that

1)  they did not neglect to fill the mlb spot

2) since they arent inept, they must have a plan.  And since there's no mlb on the roster, 2 weeks before the season starts,

3) The plan all along is that they are going to scheme around it.  And devote more resources to offense.

I mean, its not Madden, so they cant just trade for a top mlb.   IRL they have to work with what they got

Edited by maddenboy
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

The hope around here is that

1)  they did not neglect to fill the mlb spot

2) since they arent inept, they must have a plan.  And since there's no mlb on the roster, 2 weeks before the season starts,

3) The plan all along is that they are going to scheme around it.  And devote more resources to offense.

I mean, its not Madden, so they cant just trade for a top mlb.   IRL they have to work with what they got

Exactly.  That is my concern.

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Comments (honest) ?

If this happens, I know what I will be doing...

...Sometimes I slowly drift away
From all the dull routine
That's with me every day
A fantasy will come to me
Diamonds are what I really need
Think I'll rob a store, escape the law
And live in Italy...

I’m excited for football to be back but less excited about Bills football this year. Hopefully that changes after a few weeks of real games. 

For some reason, it feels like this team is an inch away from crumbling. Like it’s all a house of cards. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.