THANKS for 25 years of the Stadium Wall, TBD!

BillsFan619

While I don’t know the exact date in 1998, I wanted to take a moment to give a shout-out to TBD with us on the cusp of the 2023 season.

Thanks, TBD, for giving us all things Bills for the last 25 years! Thanks to @SDS (and any other creators/owners of the Stadium Wall) as well as to present and past mods who have given their time to keep this place going.

In honor of 25 great years, please share a couple things on why you appreciate TBD and where you were in 1998. Here’s my mine:

-If it wasn’t for this site, I would’ve never known I could get the NFL Sunday ticket for free or at a steep discount. TBD community members have literally saved me thousands of dollars. THANKS!

-I’m grateful for all the Bills news. I don’t live in upstate NY, but I feel very up-to-date because of TBD and the community members on here. THANKS!

-In 1998, I was a junior in college at Colorado State University (the CSU Rams)

Here’s some fun facts about 1998:

-A gallon of gas was a $1.06

-Titanic is the highest grossing movie

-ER is TV’s #1 show

-Brandy and Monica's "The Boy Is Mine" stays at #1 for thirteen consecutive weeks

-Bill Clinton is president

-Popular tech words are “AOL”, “reboot” and “dial up”

-The first mp3 player was released in Japan

-Minimum wage was $5.15

-The Denver Broncos won the SB

-Most importantly, our beloved Buffalo Bills were in 3rd place (out of a five team division) with a 10-6 record. We lost to the Dolphins in the WC round, 24-17

Why are you thankful for TBD and where were you in 1998?

Here’s the team photo from 1998. Go Bills!

IMG_2605.jpeg

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 11

day drinking is the heartbeat of this place.   But smart posters are the brains

tip-top posters provide great analysis.  i have learned so much about football here.   Second only to playing Madden

and if you wanna enjoy an adult beverage or 7, this is an Awesome place to spend several hours. 

I must have written the website down 70-80 times here in SoCal, for Bills fans whe were unaware of this site.  I welcome all voices.

which is why i am here every day.

----

(and by the way:  if you were SDS, you'd have a burner account on here, right?  Cause sometimes you just gotta let off steam)

Edited by maddenboy

51 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Damn good sight I am retired.  I would hate to consider how much time I would have wasted here as an employed worker drone.

image.jpeg.2e92f435d2e5729bb0043e9ea8edab6a.jpeg

Been there 

5 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

#BringBackGifs

This 

• Haha (+1) 1

If memory serves as it was so long ago, I found this site looking for information about the RJ trade, I had a different username though (can't remember it though). 

I was in my 2nd year away from WNY (South Florida), this site really helped me (and still does) find all things Bills.

Thanks to @SDS

• Like (+1) 1

I'm grateful for what Scott has created and also for the many insightful, knowledgeable, intelligent, and articulate posters here.

Being around the percentage of you that fits the above description makes the community worthwhile and even enriching.

Here's to you @SDS and to the community!

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Curious if there is many Gen Z's on here or are message boards just an archaic form of communication for Boomers nowadays?

If I had to guess, which I’m going to do .. I’d say the vast majority here are Gen X and Boomers. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm an old guy, a fan of the Bills since the mid-1960s. I was here from the start, and even before on the Hyperbills site run by the Rochester Demagogue and Comical. When that folded, SDS saved our bacon by starting this venue for our madness. 

Thanks to all involved!

Here's a photo from back in the 1990s.

81BA30EA-B284-4D5A-AC7F-D5A1632DA48B.jpeg

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m a BBMB Immigrant, but very happy to have made my home in the very nice TBD country.

Did you come thru Ellis Island? Did you know that is federal property with shared jurisdiction between NY and NJ? It’s where they sort of the good fans from the bad. You won NYS and the Bills, while the less desirable are banished to New Jersey with the Jets and Giants. CONGRATS! 

• Like (+1) 1

As someone thats never lived in Buffalo, I’ve always had to get my Bills news somehow.   At one point, it was Shout!. I loved that paper.  Then the interweb came around, and I found the HyperBills site. Unless I’m mistaken, my current avatar logo was used on that site.  And like some, I found TBD in its infancy.  Been here ever since.   

In 1998, I was graduating from graduate school and off to NJ.  It was a crazy time.  Following the Bills and reading the hot takes here have gotten me through a lot of the major upheavals in my life. States, houses, a

marriage, girlfriends, jobs, family, friends, web browsers, QBs… they’ve all come and gone.  But the stupid hot takes on this site remain.  I can’t imagine my daily routine without it. 

Thank you all and especially SDS for keeping it going. 

(I do wonder, as said upthread, about the age range here.  Its hard to imagine an old school message board still being this active after all these years.)

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

25 years ago I was graduating high school.

54 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I just realized I graduated 16 years ago myself 🤦🏻

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

(I do wonder, as said upthread, about the age range here.  Its hard to imagine an old school message board still being this active after all these years.)

Good lord, I am getting emails for May 2024's 50th anniversary graduation celebration.  Pass the Geritol.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm pretty sure I was here from the start, or at least close. I know I signed up in '98 at what was then called HyperBills (weird name) and was affiliated with the Rochester D&C.

Yep. Some of us were engaging in the D&C Bills forum, including Scott, before TBD was even a gleam in his eye. 

• Like (+1) 1

Living in the Midwest since 1989, it was always hard to get Bills' news through local sources. As the WWW became mainstream, I started going to the Bills' official website. One day I noticed a link to a "fan forum," or something like that, and discovered the BBMB. I lurked for a few years before getting an account and posting. It was nice to interact with fellow Bills fans.

When BBMB shut down abruptly in 2017, I looked at other fan forums. TBD seemed to have the highest quality of posters - better than BBMB for the most part - so I joined. I'm glad to be here, and I'm happy to see some of the better BBMB posters also migrated to TBD. Like any internet forum, it has its share of trolls - some came from BBMB and others were native to TBD already -  but I've made judicious use of the ignore list. 

I'm a somewhat casual fan in terms of football knowledge. I know the rules, strategies, and some of the nuances, but not to the same degree as some of you folks, so I appreciate the edification I've received (and continue to receive) while here. So thanks to SDS for creating and maintaining it, and thanks to most of you for making it worth spending time here.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm a former Hyper Bill poster on the Rochester D&C. I also owned a Flutie Hater site and message board and eventually closed shop as was pursued to offer my skills to a few Bills news sites including the old Shout! magazine site. Eventually I just got tired of content creation and was looking for a new place just to post. A few of my posters from the Flutie Haters mentioned TSW. I had a lot of fun in part because of the Off The Wall LOST tv threads and been off and on ever since.

Pretty sure I joined back at the beginning, though my memory is pretty hazy. I do recall HyperBills so I think that's where I started before ending up here. Honestly can't say for sure though.

Back in 1998 I was in my residency. Life was pretty rough, but this place was a haven, especially for a Bills fan living across the country with no easy way to get inside news on the team.

Seen lots of folks come and go over the years. I miss a whole mess of them, even though I've never met most in person.

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

that’s how I came to posting here!  2017ish as I recall.

I saw the dust up that ensued when BBMB folded their version, and always enjoyed the grilling a team gets from its fanbase when major changes are implemented.  I wasn't disappointed reading the reactions here.  I signed up, but hardly posted the first year I was a registered member.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.