Go BOLD - 2023 NFL Bold Predictions

major

One of my favorite threads last year was created by GunnerBill, where he asked us to list our NFL predictions before the start of the season. Before training camps begin, let’s get this started.  Go…

Edited by major
  • Like (+1) 1

Tua will bump his head again…, but he will fall gracefully, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills vs Jaguars in the AFC Championship game. Niners vs Lions in the NFC Championship game.

Chris Berman Bowl - Bills vs Niners in the Super Bowl. Bills finally get the championship for WNY.

Sticking with a Buffalo theme. The Sabres will finish with over 100 points next year and make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we can cut the bad injury luck in half, we steamroll the league with 15 wins and the #1 seed.  People love pinning the weak playoff performance on McD and put him on the hot seat, but we had about 312 legitimate reasons to be gassed out come playoff time.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Andy Dalton will throw for 2500 yards.

That is bold haha

49 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Washington Commanders make the playoffs.

The Bengals miss the playoffs.

Saints go 12-5

Cardinals go 0-17

Steelers go 12-5

I wish you lived in Rochester so I could meet you at a bar to discuss these for an hr. I don't think you are wrong I just want to hear your logic out.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Jets will finish last in the division.

I hope Rodgers and the Jets have the same kind of year Wilson and the Broncos had last year. Listening to all the angry/frustrated Jets fans call up WFAN ranting and raving would be priceless.

• Haha (+1) 1

One from each division:

AFCE: New England finishes 10-7 and makes WC. Having a true OC is the difference 

AFCN: Steelers finish 10-7 miss playoffs. Pickett takes leap forward.

AFCS: Houston give Jacksonville a run for their money for division crown

AFCW: Sean Payton flops in Denver. Move on from Wilson after season

NFCE: Giants finish last in division. Danny Dimes takes steps backwards.

NFCN: Packers finish 9-8 clinch WC. Love proves capable as mid level starter.

NFCS: Arthur Smith finally figures out how to use Pitts. Falcons win division by 3 games.

NFCW: Purdy was a flash in the pan. Sam Darnold leads 49ers to division crown, deep playoff run before his mistakes cost team SB appearance.

Bonus:

AFCCG: Buffalo at Kansas City

NFCCG: Dallas at Philadelphia

Super Bowl: Buffalo vs Dallas

Picking 1st overall next year: Arizona

Coaches Fired:

Kevin Stefanski

Dennis Allen

Ron Rivera 

Brandon Staley

Robert Saleh

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, corta765 said:

That is bold haha

I wish you lived in Rochester so I could meet you at a bar to discuss these for an hr. I don't think you are wrong I just want to hear your logic out.

fortunately, through the power of the world wide interwebs, I dont' have to be in bar in Rochester...(but that would be cool)  

First...let's remember these are supposed to be BOLD.....

1. Washington makes the playoffs.  

IMO, the NFC is very weak, and even with two of the best NFC teams in their division (Dallas and Philly) the Commanders still have a pretty favorable schedule, from finsihing las in the division last season, even though they were basically .500.  They have what I consider a strong D...and I know Sam Howell was a 5th round draft pick and is unproven, but he was on a 1st round trajectory for a lot of his college career and I like Eric Bienemy having a shot to instill some zeal in the commander offense.  I think the Giants overachieved by A LOT last season...and are due for a step back this year.  Given the very weak field and schedule...I can see a path to the playoffs here that will surprise folks.  Keep in mind...there are always a couple teams from year to year no one has playoff expectations for, that rise up.  The Giants last season....is the Commanders this year.

2. Bengals miss the playoffs.

This one...BOLD....is the opposite of the above prediction.  The AFC is a guantlet and the AFC NORTH....is the hardest division in football IMO.  Baltimore nearly beat, and should have beaten cincy in the playoffs....and they get a healthy, happy Lamar back, with improved targets and an offense that should be more opened up.  At any rate, Bmore is a tough out on any given sunday.  Pittsburgh managed to have a winning record while suffering injuries and breaking in a new QB....who showed himprovement as the year went on.  I think they'll be even more competitive this year with Watt back and Pickett a year seasoned.  I think their draft was a home run as well.  Cleveland is a pretty good roster...and if Watson can regain any sort of form.....they also will be tough...plus they just always play the Bengals well no matter what lately.  That is a true hell for the Bengals to have to emerge out of.  Plus playing a 1st place schedule....and continued O line problems....and you'll all see how awful Orlando Brown is to boot.  I think the line is WORSE than last year.  Not much margin for error.  The Bengals surprisingly miss the post season.

3. Saints go 12-5

Not as bold as the first 2...but Saints in a bad NFC...in a bad division overall....with the best QB...and relatively good roster....seems like a chance to make hay.

4.  Cardinals go 0-17

Maybe not that bold..they are odds on favorites to land the no.1 overall pick....but I think the roster is rancid enough to enteratain losing all 17 games.  I think IF they capture the 1/1 in the draft...they will race to the podium in January and draft a new QB, and move on from Murray.

5.  Steelers go 12-5

So...you might say the Steeler have more or less the same hell to endure that the Bengals do...and that's correct, but I think Tomlin is a better coach, and can naviagate the division and a somewhat easier schedule.  Tomlin can win tough division games.  I think with an ascending QB and roster, they surprise.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Division winners:
Browns
Jags
Bills
Chiefs

Jags are paper tigers but advance and play strong in playoffs

Eagles &Giants regress, Washington improves but Eagles win East
Saints win South
9ers & Lions win divisions

Jags & Chiefs game is early - Jags win due to Jags defense

NFL rushing yards up for year in YPG and season totals depiste YPC being lower on average

• Like (+1) 2

Allen tears his ACL in his first series vs the Jets on MNF.   Bills defense is ranked dead last by week 6 and Dick Juaron is hired as DC.   Bills make the playoffs as a 7th seed.  Matt Barkley leads the Bills to their first SB win.  Allen is out right released before training camp 2024.  

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Deshaun Watson will be booed off the field before Halloween.  Stefanski will not make it through the season because someone needs to be the scapegoat for being mediocre when you paid all that money to Watson.

James Cook will lead the NFL in ypc.

Dalton Kincaid leads the Bills in TD catches this year.

Ed Oliver will get 8 sacks.

• Like (+1) 3

A 70 yard FG will be made this year.

Selling a home game to London and losing a game they'd win in Buffalo costs the Bills the AFC East title.

Super Bowl = Eagles 33 - Bengals 31

Bill Belichick won't be caught cheating this season.

The Raiders end the season with Tom Brady as QB.

Going bold alphabetically, not doing everyone because not everyone is bold

ARZ- goes 1-16 with only win against ATL

BAL- miss the playoffs despite Lamar playing all year as division attrition and WC tie breaker vs Jets haunts them

CAR- wins division at 10-7

CHI- only go 6-11 and Fields ends up being a more glorified runner then passer and again CHI has to ask what to do at QB

DAL- make the SB

DET- fail to win division and barely make playoffs at 9-8 (MIN wins again at 10-7)

DEN- win the AFC W at 11-6

GB- go 5-12 as the bottom falls out for real and Love is not the answer. welcome to QB purgatory

JAX- take AFC 1 seed at 13-4

LAC- implode at 6-11 and Staley is fired

LAR - bounce back to a 9-8 record and just miss wildcard

MIA- Tua plays all 17 games and they go 11-6 winning a game in the wildcard

NYG- luck smiles the opposite way as they go 7-10 and are never really close to being in the hunt at any point

NYJ- make the playoffs as the final WC spot but get bounced in first round after blowing a 20-3 lead at halftime

PHI- the NFC East finally sees a division winner repeat as the Eagles repeat but lose in the divisional round to Dallas at home

PIT- The non losing season run ends as they go 6-11 as Pickett fails to take the next step and being in a tough division wrecks havoc as they finally finish 4th

SEA- they win the NFC West and 1 seed at 12-5

SF- they make the playoffs but as a wild card as 10-7 as QB uncertainty finally catches them a little

WSH- New ownership brings in a new era... but the results on the field are worse as they go 3-14 and end up picking 2nd in the draft

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Selling a home game to London and losing a game they'd win in Buffalo costs the Bills the AFC East title.

I have that game as why the Bills don't get the 1 seed and it knocks us to 3 seed as Jags get 1.

• Like (+1) 1

Also....

<homer mode engaged>

Chiefs go 15-2, host another AFCCG and go on to win SB again vs 49ers.

The Chiefs and Niners as a SB isn't bold...but 15-2 ....that's not eactly the 11.5 Vegas has for the O/U.  

(KC loses to Miami in Germany, and then having secured the 1 seed, rests players for week 18 VS the Raiders and lose that)

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.