Eat Crow: Your most embarrassing Bills opinions

Mikie2times

I thought for a year + that Marquez Stevenson would be a steal and have a huge impact 

Going back, thought EJ Manuel would be a stud 

Rex Ryan was our savior 

The list goes on, I'm optimistic with everything Bills and in life in general 

I did love the Allen pick. His pro day won me over and was so happy we got him

Finally we have a powerhouse team and the AFC is absolutely loaded but I still feel the 2023 SB Champs will be the Bills.

Edited by JerseyBills

If you are a true “fan” and not just a casual observer of your team you are always going to be optimistic and hope for the best — and obviously many of those hopes will not be realized.  The definitions of fan and fanatic suggest that this exercise is a positive one — being an ardent, uncritical admirer.

I often wonder if those who piss and moan about everything and bash players and coaches are actually fans at all, or if criticizing the team simply gives unhappy people an outlet for releasing their pent up frustrations.

As a fan I’ve hoped and wished for many good things to happen for the Buffalo Bills.  More often than not I’ve wound up disappointed.  When you know you can’t control a situation, however, you don’t let it impact your life in negative ways.

My most embarrassing Bills opinion ever is that for a moment I thought OJ’s son might have committed the murders and OJ was covering up for him.  THAT’s how much of a fan I am.

Cheers and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Mike Gillislee

Good one

How bout Karlos Williams 🤦

Broke a rookie record with 6-7 consecutive gms with a TD, looked like the 2nd coming of Jim Brown and never played a snap again!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

If you are a true “fan” and not just a casual observer of your team you are always going to be optimistic and hope for the best — and obviously many of those hopes will not be realized.  The definitions of fan and fanatic suggest that this exercise is a positive one — being an ardent, uncritical admirer.

I often wonder if those who piss and moan about everything and bash players and coaches are actually fans at all, or if criticizing the team simply gives unhappy people an outlet for releasing their pent up frustrations.

As a fan I’ve hoped and wished for many good things to happen for the Buffalo Bills.  More often than not I’ve wound up disappointed.  When you know you can’t control a situation, however, you don’t let it impact your life in negative ways.

My most embarrassing Bills opinion ever is that for a moment I thought OJ’s son might have committed the murders and OJ was covering up for him.  THAT’s how much of a fan I am.

Cheers and Go Bills!

I'm the same way but I do believe alot of the negative guys are true fans, and I can see why the negativity after the drought years and having horrific results in big games but I'm just wired to be optimistic.  That's why I love this site because we get both points of view

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good one

How bout Karlos Williams 🤦

Broke a rookie record with 6-7 consecutive gms with a TD, looked like the 2nd coming of Jim Brown and never played a snap again!

If Kelvin Benjamin was a couple of Popeyes biscuits short of being a tight end, Karlos was a couple short of being Santa Claus

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Bashing Gabe Davis seems to be pretty popular.  

22 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The thing that makes it especially tough his rookie year he really did show flashes of the player I thought he could be...that Dallas Thanksgiving game WOW

I saw a breakdown on him (linked on this board IIRC). The conclusion was that his hand usage isn’t good enough. That’s a must for consistent success because his arms are too short and he’s too light to win in other ways. He’s got to beat the OL with his initial quickness or he’s done on that rep. Thus the inconsistency we see from him. 

• Like (+1) 1

-EJ Manuel was a franchise QB, I bought it hook line and sinker

-Should've drafted Rosen and Allen would be a massive flop if they did draft him. I was so mad when they drafted Josh I left the draft party we were at

-I once wanted Brandon Weeden

-In 2021 I wanted Hyde gone after season as I thought his skills were down as he missed a few big plays... then proceeded to INT vs NE playoffs and yeaaaa

-I thought Marrone was going to be BB 2.0 

none of these are embarassing opinions... As fans we all hope for the best and let it play out. MOST Fans have the ability to see what the reality is after 1/2 a regular season and reshape their opinions from that point.

Embarassing would be the people who never gave Josh Allen a chance to at least prove himself when drafted... I was fearful of JA when we drafted him, because very very few college QBs had any real succes in the league with compeltion %'s under 60%.... 

I did not get upset I did not proclaim Allen to be bust... I simply accepted he was our QB and hoped for the best.... Before we even got to the 1/2 way point of his 1st season I saw something that gave me hope and from there it became more and more obvious he was worthy.... 

BUT I would never recall my initial feelings about Allen embarassing... And I am never married to my initial opinions... got to let things play out

Edited by ddaryl

I was guilty of "wrong Josh" bc I always thought we took the "raw talent, undeveloped" guy over the guy who had it altogether and thought we did it once again trying to outsmart everyone else.

The Jets drafting Darnold too when we had all the fantasies of moving up too made it worse. 

So very glad I was wrong.

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

none of these are embarassing opinions... As fans we all hope for the best and let it play out. MOST Fans have the ability to see what the reality is after 1/2 a regular season and reshape their opinions from that point.

Embarassing would be the people who never gave Josh Allen a chance to at least prove himself when drafted... I was fearful of JA when we drafted him, because very very few college QBs had any real succes in the league with compeltion %'s under 60%.... 

I did not get upset I did not proclaim Allen to be bust... I simply accepted he was our QB and hoped for the best.... Before we even got to the 1/2 way point of his 1st season I saw something that gave me hope and from there it became more and more obvious he was worthy.... 

BUT I would never recall my initial feelings about Allen embarassing... And I am never married to my initial opinions... got to let things play out

yeah once he was our QB we had to let it play out and once you saw the other QBs play, it was clear it was a free for all for who was going to be best of class.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

Probably Josh Rosen for me.  I was a "wrong Josh"er.  And, I was wrong!

I also thought drafting Sammy Watkins for EJ Manuel at QB was a reasonable move, like drafting AJ Green for Andy Dalton - Green was so good he kind of "made" Dalton as a QB.  But, it turned out EJ Manuel was no Andy Dalton.

BUT - I was totally correct that we should NEVER have traded Darryl Lamonica!!!!!!!!

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.