Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not calling you out, I haven't been on a lot like I have in the past. How did you manage to come across what you know (without giving up sources etc)  I'm just trying to catch up and am hoping your info is legit. 

Where I live there are a few bills players. Over the last 5 years I have gotten close with one of the players. We are in a men's group.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think he made it clear t the team during and after the playoff loss last season what he’s upset about. Lack of effort by many players and Dorsey. I honestly don’t know if he’s upset with Allen or not.

Parting ways now would be very, very difficult. If traded his 2023 dead cap would be $13.2M which would gain the Bills $1.7M in space. But his 2024 dead cap would be $31.1M. Outright cutting him would only be marginally worse this season and the same next. LINK

i dont get what not showing up accomplishes though, towards improving effort in January

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My belief:

He saw McD be unable to adjust with his rookie OC or step in.  Diggs is probably of the mind we need an offensive OC

13 Seconds and the scapegoat is essentially Frazier 1 year later.  And Coach Hall is gone for some reason.  

Inability to get another WR. 

Deep down believes window is closing - unfortunately it’s not about him and not everyone wins a SB Steff…

Now this is NOT how you handle this.  

That said I understand if this is what he believes. 

“I believe Diggs is absent because he agrees with me about several very specific things”

Edited by gobills404
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Since this season is a bit of a re-set anyway, I’d be very interested to know what Diggs could fetch in a trade. I also wonder what impact Hopkins would have on negotiations. Between the cute photo of Diggs watching the Chiefs celebration from afar followed by “13 seconds” and last year’s playoff debacle, it seems the Billsy aura is weighing heavy on him.

his contract is difficult to trade and what  is the re-set?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ytownblofan said:

He said he F***** loves him? Care to elaborate on how thats not good? Not like he said, "yeah, stef, F that guy."

This whole interview and josh dropping an F bomb to reporters gives me a "this is serious" feeling.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He holds no cards.  Hes untradeable and uncuttable.  His cap ramifications are massive.  He is fineable, though. 

He holds the cards as far as the Bills can only fine him. He can eat fines for quite awhile without really feeling it. 

The Bills cannot do anything else but fine him.

In the meantime, Diggs can create massive problems in the locker room. Exactly what he did in Minn. He can state his unhappiness with coaching and management. His words and actions will not go unnoticed by players and coaches. 

No one knows how this will play out. This isn't surprising based on what we saw last year and his prior history in Minn. 

To think the Bills are holding the cards here is a mistake. It's Diggs with most of the power here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

You could tell Diggs was upset multiple times during the season last year. IMO, he’s probably PO’d at the lack WR’s complimenting him and he’s tired of trying to carry this offense on his back. The Bills brought in lower end WR’s and drafted a TE, that’s nowhere near enough to take the pressure off of the double coverage Diggs constantly faces.

Also how the OC can't/doesn't scheme him open. How McDermott focuses much of his player acquisition on defense. Relegates lower level talent to the offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.