RD 5, Pick 150: WR Justin Shorter, Florida

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Anytime the Bills draft the grandchild of a USA Olympian, they'll get no grief from me! 🇺🇸

image.jpeg.dffec323e854512f95c422cd16c0fc0e.jpeg

Are you sure his grandfather was Frank and not Wayne? He could be involved in playing the National Anthem.

image.png.49a2c280f44a65809653b90b2b320af1.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, DrW said:

Are you sure his grandfather was Frank and not Wayne? He could be involved in playing the National Anthem.

image.png.49a2c280f44a65809653b90b2b320af1.png

Ha. I'd like to see how many people get that...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Don't love the pick. Don't hate it.

Would have preferred Xavier Hutchinson, AT Perry, Isovias or Trey Palmer. 

Agree, I can’t dislike a fifth round pick, but I’m not in love with a guy who drops a ton of passes in college. You can have all the attributes, but how often do guys suddenly learn how to catch? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, I can’t dislike a fifth round pick, but I’m not in love with a guy who drops a ton of passes in college. You can have all the attributes, but how often do guys suddenly learn how to catch? 

he did NOT drop a ton of passes. 

6 drops on 177 targets.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

6 drops in 177 targets.

My ex wife and you have the same definition of "a ton".

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Since when did Josh Allen suddenly learn how to throw on target?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Don't love the pick. Don't hate it.

Would have preferred Xavier Hutchinson, AT Perry, Isovias or Trey Palmer. 

Thought the same thing… Even the WVU kid Wheaton was still available. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

100%!

it’s an outdoor cold weather team, with wind, sleet,rain & snow! 

It’s taken almost a generation for OBD to finally catch up to me- get big men that provide jump ball huge targets for your huge QB!

No brainer.

Jalen Hurts just whips his deep ball to a general vicinity and his WRs come down with it every single time. We need some of that. Josh needs help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

Since when did Josh Allen suddenly learn how to throw on target?

Good point, but I think QB accuracy is more complex than catching a football. People assume low completion percentage means the QB is inaccurate. A QB’s supporting cast can make him appear to be more inaccurate than he is. I guarantee Josh would have been considered an accurate passer had he played with SEC level talent. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Good point, but I think QB accuracy is more complex than catching a football. People assume low completion percentage means the QB is inaccurate. A QB’s supporting cast can make him appear to be more inaccurate than he is. I guarantee Josh would have been considered an accurate passer had he played with SEC level talent. 

Didn't we have a tight end a couple years back who had trouble holding onto the ball when he came into the league but learned well enough to receive a big extension?

Just now, fergie's ire said:

Didn't we have a tight end a couple years back who had trouble holding onto the ball when he came into the league but learned well enough to receive a big extension?

He certainly got the extension, but he still can’t catch.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

His pros and cons kind of read like a poor mans DK Metcalf when he was coming out...which is fine by me for a 5th round pick.  

Here they really should be looking for a guy with one solid, unquestionable trait.  This guy’s is his size.  So we’ll see what happens.  I

• Agree 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Wasn't sure about this guy then I heard his interview on WGR with the local press. The guy is like I took notes on who was picked ahead of me and I can't wait to tear this league up. I love the attitude

he was also an honor student and clearly works his tail off to have the body he does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Replacement for Kumerow? Seems like he could be a great gunner, as he learns the ropes.

And that’s good enough for a fifth round pick at this moment imo. I have reservations when I hear about his hands, but I’m not saying this is a bad pick, it’s the fifth round. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Why I loved our Kincaid pick - the dude is a ball magnet if you just get it near him.

Exactly! He'll have an immediate impact.  This kid may or may not get some burn depending on camp but really nice developmental WR 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Who on this board is his Doppelganger?

😃

Einstein, just a guess…, 

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He better hit because the defense is going to be horrible this year.  They need to score 30-35 ppg

How do you even figure that? We lost 1 impact defender. It's all about the D staying healthy. Our injuries were unlucky last year. We've been a perennial top 5 d under McD. Geez 

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

As a Florida fan he was very frustrating to watch

dropped a-lot of balls 

Maybe the Bills will hook him up with that eye hand dude Knox went to

I have to say I feel Beane is trying to disprove my hypothesis that he's overly fond of acquiring "smurfs" at receiver

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.