Cam Newton open to backing up Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen

HOUSE

It's never a good Idea to set conditions when there is little to no interest anyway.

His agent needs to sit him down and have a long chat about reality ..

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Lost said:

Only if he wears that hat every game he's sitting on the sidelines

The way Cam tends to dress he'll fit right in on the streets in Western New York - he'll blend into the crowd so well that he'll hardly be noticed.

image.png.35fd185ba528f013164a4cd6313bfe72.png

• Haha (+1) 1

You guy are insane.  He’s a former league MVP and at very least can keep you remotely competitive in a game if he has to come in.  To think he’s not a MASSIVE upgrade over Kyle Allen is a joke. 

He’s a big personality, not saying he wouldn’t be a problem at some point, but pure talent, HELL Yes to him.  I like Kyle Allen, he’s flashed enough to have a job in the NFL, but I’d rather never see him on the field for the Bills.  Hopefully JA stays healthy all year, but I’d feel way better about Newton, than KA and it’s not close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You guy are insane.  He’s a former league MVP and at very least can keep you remotely competitive in a game if he has to come in.  To think he’s not a MASSIVE upgrade over Kyle Allen is a joke. 

He’s a big personality, not saying he wouldn’t be a problem at some point, but pure talent, HELL Yes to him.  I like Kyle Allen, he’s flashed enough to have a job in the NFL, but I’d rather never see him on the field for the Bills.  Hopefully JA stays healthy all year, but I’d feel way better about Newton, than KA and it’s not close.

Cam Newton is shot as an NFL QB.  He is not a MASSIVE upgrade over anyone.  No team wanted him last year and no team will sign him this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Cam Newton is shot as an NFL QB.  He is not a MASSIVE upgrade over anyone.  No team wanted him last year and no team will sign him this year.

Another example of Twitter suicide, should have said I am willing to be signed to a practice squad then compete for a backup role

But no, couldn't do that...

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

It's never a good Idea to set conditions when there is little to no interest anyway.

His agent needs to sit him down and have a long chat about reality ..

Totally disagree. When considering employment people are free to set whatever conditions they deem appropriate. In Cam Newton’s case there isn’t even an argument to be made as to why he shouldn’t set whatever conditions he wants. He has made $133.5M from his football contracts - plus whatever he made from advertising, etc. A last, near league minimum contract isn’t something he needs financially, so why should he go to a team/coach/situation where he will be unhappy?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Totally disagree. When considering employment people are free to set whatever conditions they deem appropriate. In Cam Newton’s case there isn’t even an argument to be made as to why he shouldn’t set whatever conditions he wants. He has made $133.5M from his football contracts - plus whatever he made from advertising, etc. A last, near league minimum contract isn’t something he needs financially, so why should he go to a team/coach/situation where he will be unhappy?

Because he is outside looking in, didn't even play last year.  He is not even a luke warm commodity 

• Agree 2

Just now, HOUSE said:

Because he is outside looking in, didn't even play last year.  He is not even a luke warm commodity 

His arm was shot when he played for NE in 2020.  He was a complete embarrassment in his 0-5 record back in Carolina in 2021.

The Bills don't need an old broken down QB in camp.  What good would that be?  In 2023, Kyle Allen is a better QB than Cam Newton.

33 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

How is his arm doing? Becuase he didnt play last year and the prior two seasons we saw throws like this.

I'm not sure high on Kyle Allen, but Newton is not a good option either 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Cam Newton…, Bwahahahahahah…

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.