Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

Great to hear.  The “he’s old, he has lost a step”. I guess you didn’t see the 1st team all pro last year.

A 2 year deal is perfect.  Tre will be back to form with an off season and we have the wonder twins back together.  Add Taron and now a second year for Elam and Benford.  We’re back to a top 2-3 secondary if not the best on the league.

Less on defense to worry about with only the MLB to consider.  Lavonte David sounds even better at this point.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Secondary is basically set.

Tre
Elam

Dane
Benford

Johnson

Neal

Poyer
Hyde

Benford
Anderson 

That secondary is mediocre. Might be okay in the regular season, but I recall the Vikings, Chiefs, Lions, Bengals didn't have any problems moving the ball against it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

That secondary is mediocre. Might be okay in the regular season, but I recall the Vikings, Chiefs, Lions, Bengals didn't have any problems moving the ball against it.

Is it the players or the D scheme?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Great to hear.  The “he’s old, he has lost a step”. I guess you didn’t see the 1st team all pro last year.

A 2 year deal is perfect.  Tre will be back to form with an off season and we have the wonder twins back together.  Add Taron and now a second year for Elam and Benford.  We’re back to a top 2-3 secondary if not the best on the league.

Less on defense to worry about with only the MLB to consider.  Lavonte David sounds even better at this point.

Old safeties don't get 9 interceptions over the last 2 seasons.  Great news that the Micah/ Jordan duo returns.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

cmon man. 

they didn’t face that secondary. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Vikings did for a half.

ALL PRO PO!

Didn't think it was going to happen, but couldn't be happier. Losing Jordan was going to be a bigger hole to fill than some thought...from a chemistry with Micah angle and from a leadership/heart/fire angle---beyond just his play. 

17 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

They weren't a good group last year,  but it could be much improved this year.  Tre White will be a full off-season removed from his injury,  Poyer and Hyde should be healthy and Elam will hopefully improve in year 2. 

Love the move and also love that Beane again identified his true value and said go check out the market like honey badger did last year and you will see you are being compensated fairly. That’s what happened when big money wasn’t being thrown at him.Miami was just trying to raise the rates publicly when they probably just offered him 8million thinking he was taking a warm weather discount. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know this is wild but not everyone like Florida. Love to visit for a week but I think Florida kinda sucks. Awful in the summer, many weirdos, awful schools. But I guess if I was a housewife who had no job besides being on social media, Buffalo would suck too.

I thought he was gone and this is a nice surprise. Market is rough for guys over 30. Still worry about his health but guy is a  baller so welcome back. 

I am not a Florida fan myself.  Visits okay but I enjoy change in seasons especially fall which is spectacular in the Northeast.   
Also not a fan of the gov and the traffic is horrific 

Edited by Shay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

50 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Best signing so far! I knew as soon as Edmunds left, that Beane was not going to let both Edmunds AND Poyer go. Just too many big pieces of the Bills recent success out the door.. This is VERY good news!!! Someone who drives from Buffalo to KC injured to play in a big games heart was truly in Buffalo. Welcome back Po..  Hope you retire as a Bill.  

I think he was going to let them both leave.  

He just got lucky that the Safety market didn’t materialize like Poyer thought it would.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

You continue to show everyone just how little you know about this game. 

Vikings - No Hyde, Poyer or White. That's 3 former All-Pros missing. Plus Elam was out and Edmunds got hurt in the 1st half and didn't return.

Chiefs - No Hyde or White and Poyer was so injured he couldn't fly with the team and had to drive there.

Lions - White's first game back only played 15 snaps. No Hyde or Edmunds and Von Miller tears his ACL in the 2nd quarter.

Bengals- No Hyde or Miller. FS #2 Hamlin - out, FS #3 - Marlowe injured, does not return, onto FS #4. Also no DaQuan Jones. Both Poyer & White played, but severely limited due to injury. 

Remind me again which team held KC to it's 2nd lowest point total out of their 20 games they played this year and their lowest home point total of the year. Since 10/6/19 KC has been held to 20 points or fewer at home only twice.....both those games were against the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think Poyer is as good as some here think.

So like....do you think the All-Pro voters were just WRONG in 2021, or....? Or that his 4 INTs, 1 FF, and 8 Passes Defended in 2022 while playing through a bunch of injuries were lucky flukes?

I don't really see how "Jordan Poyer is a very good football player" is even debatable, to be honest.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.