Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

31 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd be pissed too if I thought I was moving from NY to FLA and then found out I wasn't....

Until the day you open your front door and walk right into an alligator...then you wouldn't be too thrilled. Or in the summer when its's melt into the asphalt hot there and beautiful here.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd be pissed too if I thought I was moving from NY to FLA and then found out I wasn't....

I know this is wild but not everyone like Florida. Love to visit for a week but I think Florida kinda sucks. Awful in the summer, many weirdos, awful schools. But I guess if I was a housewife who had no job besides being on social media, Buffalo would suck too.

I thought he was gone and this is a nice surprise. Market is rough for guys over 30. Still worry about his health but guy is a  baller so welcome back. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Until the day you open your front door and walk right into an alligator...then you wouldn't be too thrilled. Or in the summer when its's melt into the asphalt hot there and beautiful here.

or you can't open your front door because 2 feet of snow fell in one hour. or it's 10 degrees outside with 25 mph winds

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Most people would strongly disagree 

Depends on what you want.  I prefer not having to worry about walking too close to any random body of water and forgetting alligators live there...or randomly come pay you a visit at your house. Nice to visit, would never live there

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

or you can't open your front door because 2 feet of snow fell in one hour. or it's 10 degrees outside with 25 mph winds

2 feet of snow isn't bad...7 is a different story.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Process said:

Oh wow. Didn't see this coming. Like it as long as the $ is reasonable. 

Really,,,,lol,,,,are you paying his salary?  Just kidding ,,,, but this is more important i think than  having brought edmunds back.  Gee , Greg ( what’s his last name , rosenthal or whatever, the guy who is with nfl films and does the weekly show on fridays with brown /tasker) ,thought getting Poyer back was more important because of how the d was run than getting Edmunds back.  I agree , and while I’m not worried about money , i am worried about his injuries from last year   I hope we are not seeing the beginning of him starting to deteriorate , and I'm thinking that is part of why he found out he didn’t have the market he expected.  

Really like him and Hyde together as we saw our d backfield get torched against Miami, the Vikings, Cincy , and now Rodgers will be playing tho he has not been great against the BILLS with the packers , but with a running game and better d and New York already bringing in guys he wants like lazaar,  Our def backfield will be under fire.  I hope physically Hyde, Poyer, white are back to levels we will need.  Pretty sure the $ will not be an issue like the edmunds $, but i think that was a mutual parting of the ways as Tre never said much that i saw about appreciating Buffalo or thanking the fans etc who endured his growing up and very average play until his best year  finally happened in his contract year.  Poyer has always been a class act , but i bet felt a little upset that nothing got done until now.    I am glad he’s back, i just hope he holds up and last year was an anomaly with all the team injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

Where do we stand with cap space if Poyer signs for 8 million per year?

Somewhere between 4-6M I believe, but it’s likely they would structure the deal to be smaller than an 8M hit this year (maybe 5?).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.