Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

53 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And screw RODGERS!  Hated Brady,,,,now hate this arrogant dark retreating fool who wants to come rain on JOSH’s parade; just because he beat him in golf his new psychotropically ( yes, creating a new word for this clown) affected cns thinks it’s better to compete against the BILLS , than the weaker NFC.    Did not think it was possible to dislike this guy more , but i was very , very wrong and not ashamed to admit it!  

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Still, both men missed significant time last year, I’m cool with rocking Benford in one of the spots but I’d feel better with top 100 draft pick beside him. 

I can agree that next year another S will probably be needed.  I'll rescind my comment and see what happens in the rest of FA first.

I wanted a big O draft and the Poyer signing gives me hope that will happen!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Guessing the offers he was seeing out there weren't MUCH higher than what the Bills were willing to give.  Bet it's a minor pay cut, but you get to stay home, no moving, assuming he has kids (same school) etc etc...  Lots of factors to consider and if you are getting let's say 1 million more to go....  he may just have said screw it.  Love my teammates etc...

I'm guessing he didn't see any numbers higher than what the Bills were willing to give...hence why he is still here.  I love Poyer and glad it worked out that he will still be here for a couple years but let's not pretend he had some last minute change of heart, this strictly came down to a business decision. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm guessing he didn't see any numbers higher than what the Bills were willing to give...hence why he is still here.  I love Poyer and glad it worked out that he will still be here for a couple years but let's not pretend he had some last minute change of heart, this strictly came down to a business decision. 

True, but it also means that we are contenders and he wants to be here with this contender for the same amount of money...there were days when that was not the case.  Welcome back Jordan!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Let's remember he complained about taxes at one point. Almost seems like the bills offer was far above everyone else's when factoring that additional 10% tax

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

not true. I have a co-worker (formerly w/ NFL Network and still very well connected) who let me know KC offered him a 1 yr deal (Poyer was seeking a 2 yr deal so he declined KC's offer) and Miami offered him 2 yrs but the $$ were not to his liking.

Neal Driscoll

@NealDriscoll

·

Follow

Poyer waited for Miami to officially offer a contract...they didn't.

From the MIA Board

Another source has commented that Jordan Poyer's wife is furious with the deal. She wanted to go to ****in Miami and she's absolutely pissed. Stuck in Buffalo.

Now add in the Agent Drew Rosenhaus and NO contract details yet I am going to think this is a very good contract for the Bills

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, LDD said:

True, but it also means that we are contenders and he wants to be here with this contender for the same amount of money...there were days when that was not the case.  Welcome back Jordan!!

Let me clarify...I am not knocking Jordan and he deserved to get the biggest payday he could because this is going to be his last chance at this stage in his career, I just think a lot of people aren't realizing it just came down to there not being a market out there for him.  This is a completely different situation than when Milano took the home town discount instead of going to free agency when his contract was up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.