A picture of Von Miller and D Henry

Warriorspikes51

I'd give up both Oliver and Knox for Henry. 

Build up the oline and the offense would be unstoppable. A two headed monster of Allen and Henry.

Henry had also become a very competent pass catcher too.

Generally speaking, I'm not an advocate of paying a RB big money in this era of football.

Henry with some good oline additions would put Buffalo right back in the mix for a Super Bowl. A game changer in my mind. Think the 49ers and CMC. Right now, I'm not confident this team can make that type of run. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The eyes emoji and the Buffalo image in the picture are causing the speculation, not just that they're working out. Of course it's possible and even likely that Von is just creating rampant speculation on purpose for fun.

Well I mean Miller does play for Buffalo so that would explain the buffalo image and the eye could be like man look who I’m working out with or damn this dude is jacked since we’re all on the speculation train and running with it 

Edited by gonzo1105

• Simon changed the title to A picture of Von Miller and D Henry

Are you guys serious?  He’s averaged 4.3 YPC for the past 2 seasons while taking an absolute beating.  This board is clamoring for OBJ, Bobby Wagner, and Derrick Henry to join Von Miller.  Did I go back in time to 2017?  If so, here’s a tip.  When Andy Reid calls two months from now, don’t answer the phone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'd give up both Oliver and Knox for Henry. 

I like Henry, but this is crazy talk.  He's almost 30 and probably has maybe one decent season left in the tank (if that).  I'd move a late 3rd or 4th round pick for him, but that's it.  

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

Are you guys serious?  He’s averaged 4.3 YPC for the past 2 seasons while taking an absolute beating.  This board is clamoring for OBJ, Bobby Wagner, and Derrick Henry to join Von Miller.  Did I go back in time to 2017?  If so, here’s a tip.  When Andy Reid calls two months from now, don’t answer the phone.

Henry is still productive and I wouldn't mind him as a one year rental for a mid-to-late round draft pick, but you're generally correct.  There is a high likelihood that the guy would turn out to be 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust next season, especially behind our line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sure, who wants a 1500 yard 13 TD Power + Speed back to make our offense much harder to defend.

You get Henry, draft a few OL early and toss in a dynamic WR and now your offense can win it all 

He’s one of the few players at the RB position that can carry a team on his back……I’d take him.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You should see the other post about Mike Florio going off on the Bills front office I’ve got alot of company 

Congratulations

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

He’s one of the few players at the RB position that can carry a team on his back……I’d take him.

not exactly sure why we would not want Derek henry

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

running the ball at that volume gets you nowhere though. And it ain’t 4 years ago he has worn a lot of tread off those tires.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If they don’t fix the line, he’s a giant waste of money and the picks it would take to get him. DH doesn’t get away from early penetration, he needs his  holes to be there and our OL doesn't create them for long enough. Plus being a pass first team, he would just be another disgruntled, high-salary veteran not being fed the ball enough. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

running the ball at that volume gets you nowhere though. And it ain’t 4 years ago he has worn a lot of tread off those tires.

I agree but he wouldn't be used in the same way in Buffalo. Allen would losen his load. The two together would compliment each other so well. It's hard to see defenses stopping the Bills. The preface is an improvement on the oline and play calling. 

I think the Bills are in win mode now. This is the kind of pick up that dramatically puts the Bills in position to do that. I don't mind swinging for the fences here. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

So, let's just take the ball out of Josh's hands and give to Henry 350 times a season.

Fix the OL and let Josh throw the ball.

Yes thats logically what anyone here would argue for, whether for or against the idea, everybodyyyyy would be on the same page.

But dont let that stop you from over simplifying things

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I like Henry, but this is crazy talk.  He's almost 30 and probably has maybe one decent season left in the tank (if that).  I'd move a late 3rd or 4th round pick for him, but that's it.  

Henry is still productive and I wouldn't mind him as a one year rental for a mid-to-late round draft pick, but you're generally correct.  There is a high likelihood that the guy would turn out to be 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust next season, especially behind our line.

Dunno with Allen's arm and running ability alone there be more holes Henry could exploit in a read option setting with Allen.  Can't tackle either of these big guys easily so gonna stack the box so Allen has free receivers all over the field?

Plus at his size I'm thinking he's a ĺmassive pain for any pass rush.  A de gets by the tackle and has a bead on Allen, then gets pancaked by the King.   

It could work quite well and add a very solid wrinkle that can pay benefits of it being solid in all weather so if any freakish late season storms pop up then they can pound the ball as needed in such conditions.

Edited by AuntieEm

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but he wouldn't be used in the same way in Buffalo. Allen would losen his load. The two together would compliment each other so well. It's hard to see defenses stopping the Bills. The preface is an improvement on the oline and play calling. 

I think the Bills are in win mode now. This is the kind of pick up that dramatically puts the Bills in position to do that. I don't mind swinging for the fences here. 

Yea more of a Kelly/Thurman dynamic in that harder to send the odd blitz on a nimble Allen who now also has a Von Miller sized RB that will keep Allen safe.   I always loved how well Thurman pass protected as a star rb in his own right.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Dunno with Allen's arm and running ability alone there be more holes Henry could exploit in a read option setting with Allen.  Can't tackle either of these big guys easily so gonna stack the box so Allen has free receivers all over the field?

Plus at his size I'm thinking he's a ĺmassive pain for any pass rush.  A de gets by the tackle and has a bead on Allen, then gets pancaked by the King.   

It could work quite well and add a very solid wrinkle that can pay benefits of it being solid in all weather so if any freakish late season storms pop up then they can pound the ball as needed in such conditions.

Agree 100%. My big concern is will Dorsey be able to have the rights calls and schemes to take full advantage of this two headed monster? 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree 100%. My big concern is will Dorsey be able to have the rights calls and schemes to take full advantage of this two headed monster? 

Stop worrying about Dorsey. I understand Frazier because he is what he is but Dorsey is in year one. We were a better offense under Dorsey than we were Dabbol in 2021. That includes Allen tearing his UCL in week 9.

He needs to utilize players better but I think players let us down last year. McKenzie and Davis most of all. No Crowder. OL was bad, mainly LG and RT. 

It was year one. He did adjust his redzone offense. Started bad but finished strong. It’s what gave me confidence he will be good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

So the question becomes with Derrick Henry need that many touches in order to be effective as a running back

Because I’m telling you right now having that guy in your back field is going to change the way a team defends your offense you put light boxes in front of this guy and he will destroy you

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Never be afraid of our team is going to handle being more talented on the field. They will figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am probably one of his biggest fans as a player and even as a person. That said, we need BLOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blocking and better receivers.

If we could get the above then great, sign Henry. If not, he will just get destroyed just like any other RB with bad blocking.

For what the guy has done in his career, he's about as humble a person as he can be. Hate the team he plays on, but he is a total class act. Won't object to trading for him if the price is right as long as it doesn't involve blowing up our draft. The Titans would probably pull the trigger on a trade, Jeffrey Simmons is gonna want to get paid soon so trading Henry makes sense

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

For what the guy has done in his career, he's about as humble a person as he can be. Hate the team he plays on, but he is a total class act. 

When he was at the combines, he insisted in visiting terminally ill kids in a childrens hospital. He gives huge amounts of money to charities. The man is as good as it gets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

So, let's just take the ball out of Josh's hands and give to Henry 350 times a season.

If this were to happen  and I doubt it will...Henry would probably not carry the ball 350 times in Buffalo. 

Singletary had 177 carries last year so Henry would presumably take those and some of Josh's carries. But do you want to take the ball out of Cook's hands,too?

How would Diggs react if HE got fewer targets?

Would the Bills be MORE effective if they threw LESS? I would expect higher TOP,keeping the ball away from opponents,but with Henrys career workload and the cap constraints,this pipe dream might be just that.

18 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sure, who wants a 1500 yard 13 TD Power + Speed back to make our offense much harder to defend.

You get Henry, draft a few OL early and toss in a dynamic WR and now your offense can win it all 

Yeah 3 years ago Derrick Henry would of been that..

I would love to see Henry on the Bills with a lighter workload so that he's healthy for the playoffs.

Awesome player, unique talent, great person as well. 

A Henry/Cook 1-2 punch would be sweet!

Imagine having to deal with Henry and Allen all game on defense. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well, that amounts to 20 carries per game, give or take......

I think we already do that with Singletary and supporting cast.  Why not give it to a MONSTER?  Henry is one of the best in the league, and defenses would be afraid not to stack the box (which would of course open up the field for Allen's arm)

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Well, that amounts to 20 carries per game, give or take......

I think we already do that with Singletary and supporting cast.  Why not give it to a MONSTER?  Henry is one of the best in the league, and defenses would be afraid not to stack the box (which would of course open up the field for Allen's arm)

He will cost picks and money.  I want a decent OL in from of Josh.  It's my opinion.

• Agree 1

That fake Derrick Henry to Buffalo trade posted here by someone (and now deleted) got me all amped up...and now I am having trouble calming down for the evening. [I didn't want Henry anyway, but still, it was big news. Why aren't people like him banned from twitter?]

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/24/2023 at 3:36 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

I often say the same thing whenever anyone says no to elite players. I never understood it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.