Shakir Training with Moulds

20 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and we dont love this Kid Why ?
 Remind me again.
oh yes we are still grumpy about the season 

Shakir will grow as the Offense opens its playbook awareness

Love this news BTW 29. Very very cool 😉

Near as I can tell they think his arms are too short.  Seems like he checks every box but that's what I keep hearing.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Buddy of mine would clean Moulds car for him when he was in Buffalo.  Said he'd never seen so many condoms in one place.  

Be careful Khalil.

If Travis Henry had that many condoms in his car, he would be paying a lot less in child support!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Buddy of mine would clean Moulds car for him when he was in Buffalo.  Said he'd never seen so many condoms in one place.  

Be careful Khalil.

Burt Reynolds Hall in Tallahassee used to house the fsu football team in the 90’s. Me and a buddy won a bid to paint it, inside and out. There was a mattress we were moving and there were at least 50 used condoms between the mattress and box spring. I won’t name the player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and we dont love this Kid Why ?
 Remind me again.
oh yes we are still grumpy about the season 

Shakir will grow as the Offense opens its playbook awareness

Love this news BTW 29. Very very cool 😉

Is anybody saying they don’t like Shakir?

At worst, it seems like he just wasn’t ready yet last season. I haven’t seen anyone openly bash him.

This is a great thread and great story, let’s not ruin it with “told you so” bs.

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Burt Reynolds Hall in Tallahassee used to house the fsu football team in the 90’s. Me and a buddy won a bid to paint it, inside and out. There was a mattress we were moving and there were at least 50 used condoms between the mattress and box spring. I won’t name the player. 

Charlie Ward?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Charlie Ward?

Haha. Nah. He’s such a cool dude though. I went to my niece’s basketball game at her high school and he coaches the men’s team. He was sitting at the table collecting the money for us to enter the gym. I almost asked for his autograph. I will say Tamarick Vanover had fine girls coming in and out of his room. All day, every day. 

Edited by Dopey

5 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Near as I can tell they think his arms are too short.  Seems like he checks every box but that's what I keep hearing.

I think the only complaint that I could really nail down was that his blocking needed to improve

I hope he put a stranglehold on that position and never looked back

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

At worst, it seems like he just wasn’t ready yet last season. I haven’t seen anyone openly bash him.

This is a great thread and great story, let’s not ruin it with “told you so” bs.

I don’t think that it’s not people don’t like him. I think they are confuse why he didn’t just take over that position and we had to go outside the organization and bring back old guys like Beasley.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

Man those guys really do get special treatment.  One time a little over a decade ago, I moved my then GF in my house, as we moved my downstairs couch which had been there 7 years at the time, there was a condomn wrapper under the couch.  I thought it was going to be my last day on this planet.  What made it worse, it was an XL wrapper, which surely was not mine.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Be careful Khalil.

Based on what I heard, he wasn’t using them that much either. Keep Shakir away from the ballet.

Moulds might be my second favorite Bills receiver ever. Sadly, I heard some first hand accounts of him being mad creepy. Hopefully, he has matured with age because he was a great receiver and this guy could learn a lot from him.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Based on what I heard, he wasn’t using them that much either. Keep Shakir away from the ballet.

Moulds might be my second favorite Bills receiver ever. Sadly, I heard some first hand accounts of him being mad creepy. Hopefully, he has matured with age because he was a great receiver and this guy could learn a lot from him.

Moulds had that work hard, play hard mentality.  Woulda fit in great with the Super Bowl teams both on the field and off the field.  

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Moulds had that work hard, play hard mentality.  Woulda fit in great with the Super Bowl teams both on the field and off the field.  

Oh yeah pre social media. I had some exes who had some experiences with him when they are far too young to be talking to him. But great, great receiver. 

in terms of just talent, Moulds, Lee Evans, and Sammy (if he could stay healthy) had borderline HOF talent if they ever played with the right qb. All of those guys in their prime would have been amazing with Allen. 

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

I love Moulds. IMO, he’s arguable the best WR talent the bills have had in the last 30 years. The dude was huge and always came down with the ball. Too bad he never had a QB in their prime. Him and Allen > Diggs and Allen. 

It’s such a different game though. I actually think Diggs fits this era better than Moulds and Diggs would have been bullied in Moulds’ era of that makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh yeah pre social media. I had some exes who had some experiences with him when they are far too young to be talking to him. But great, great receiver. 

in terms of just talent, Moulds, Lee Evans, and Sammy (if he could stay healthy) had borderline HOF talent if they ever played with the right qb. All of those guys in their prime would have been amazing with Allen. 

Not sure if I agree with Lee Evans and Sammy being borderline HOFers but Moulds absolutely!  It's a shame he never had a great Quarterback throwing to him or else he would've been recognized as a Top 3-5 Receiver in the league throughout his career.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Not sure if I agree with Lee Evans and Sammy being borderline HOFers but Moulds absolutely!  It's a shame he never had a great Quarterback throwing to him or else he would've been recognized as a Top 3-5 Receiver in the league throughout his career.  

Sammy Watkins was one of the greatest college receivers I have seen and had dominant stretches with some of the crappy qbs we had here. Obviously, he turned out to be a huge weirdo and could never stay healthy but his talent is very real and it’s why he keeps getting jobs. I don’t even think he’s 30 yet somehow.

and in regards to Evans. He was Marvin Harrison without a dome and Payton manning imo. Dude looked like a stud with JP Losman. Such a smooth route runner. Receiver is the most dependent position in sports and we wasted some good ones 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy Watkins was one of the greatest college receivers I have seen and had dominant stretches with some of the crappy qbs we had here. Obviously, he turned out to be a huge weirdo and could never stay healthy but his talent is very real and it’s why he keeps getting jobs. I don’t even think he’s 30 yet somehow.

and in regards to Evans. He was Marvin Harrison without a dome and Payton manning imo. Dude looked like a stud with JP Losman. Such a smooth route runner. Receiver is the most dependent position in sports and we wasted some good ones 

Part of the reason he could never stay healthy was the way he took care of himself off the field.  Being great at the NFL is more than having natural god given ability which he did have, I just don't think he had the mindset and work ethic to be a Hall of Famer at the NFL level.  Plus some guy's are just naturally injury prone.  I'm not saying he wasn't a talent.

Lee Evans was good for sure but once again to say Hall of Fame talent at the NFL level is a stretch IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

From what I've heard about Moulds he has basically an entire payroll of single mothers. Hooking up with him at the right time of the month was a common retirement plan 20 years ago.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the only complaint that I could really nail down was that his blocking needed to improve

I don’t think that it’s not people don’t like him. I think they are confuse why he didn’t just take over that position and we had to go outside the organization and bring back old guys like Beasley.

Well if catching 50% of your targets and dropping 10% is still a complaint, then there's that...

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In terms of his blocking, I give him a little bit of a pass because he didn’t do much blocking at Boise because he was always the one with the ball. I think for a guy who played as much as he did in college was coming in a just a but raw. I think he will come around. He is a really good athlete (terrible 3 cone is probably why he dropped in the draft) and plenty strong with 16 bench reps. It’s likely a footwork/timing repetition thing. 

14 hours ago, wppete said:

Love to see this. Hopefully Shakir has a break out year like Gabe Davis had in his second year. 

I hope that both of them this year have a really good year Davis i believe will be motivated because of his drops to be better in holding onto the ball & Shakir along with the help from Moulds and all the talk of how good he was being the steal of the draft can become that guy to be what Beasely was for Josh .

I hope they trade Mckenzie though i haven't seen anything that shows he is worth the contract he got to be the slot guy based on his 1 great game against N.E. Time to get anther rookie in his place .

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Part of the reason he could never stay healthy was the way he took care of himself off the field.  Being great at the NFL is more than having natural god given ability which he did have, I just don't think he had the mindset and work ethic to be a Hall of Famer at the NFL level.  Plus some guy's are just naturally injury prone.  I'm not saying he wasn't a talent.

Lee Evans was good for sure but once again to say Hall of Fame talent at the NFL level is a stretch IMO.  

Evans had hall of fame speed and deep ball tracking. Had a short career and limited versatility.  Unfortunately his last nfl moment was the playoff drop vs NEP

Definitely a very strange choice to train with.    Moulds was never much of a technician and he put on too much muscle and lost a lot of speed and quickness soon after his incredible 1998 season.     And it's a very different game today than in Moulds prime.    The stud RB type talents of Moulds day now play in the secondary in the NFL........so there is just a lot more talent at CB(no Chris Watson's to kick around) so it's really apples and oranges in coverage to compare era's.    You gotta' be able to get open in todays NFL.    That certainly wasn't Moulds thing.     

16 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Interestingly, someone pointed out that Shakir had a higher drop rate than Gabe Davis last season.  Now, I don't dislike Shakir and I don't recommend that Buffalo dump him, but both Shakir and Gabe Davis have a lot of growing to do.  I hope working out with Moulds is helpful and that Gabe finds some way to improve his hands.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.