Has anyone heard from Yolo?

SDS

Yolo got into it pretty badly with another poster in defense of the Oxford comma.  I believe it ended with aggrieved parties agreeing to settle their punctuation differences with a spearing contest at the 50 yard line of Ohio Stadium.  I'm guessing Yolo did not prevail.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 5

58 minutes ago, LeviF said:

We need to talk about his username. Full spelling would be "You Only Live Once in Ohio." But do you really "live" if you're in Ohio? That's a puzzler.

Motion to vote that Yolo changes his name to "YouDieEveryDayInOhio". All in favor?

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Yolo got into it pretty badly with another poster in defense of the Oxford comma.  I believe it ended with aggrieved parties agreeing to settle their punctuation differences with a duel outside spearing contest at the 50 yard line of Ohio Stadium.  I'm guessing Yolo did not prevail.

My theory is that his employer assigned him to a high risk account that will involve an extended period of time at sea.

lifea2.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's probably a combination of the beat down in the WC game and knowing how much overdramatic posts there will be.  

It's like when I avoid Facebook around election time.

That was my original thought, but to my knowledge he has never done this during the previous 20+ years of heartbreak and overdramatic poss.

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

That was my original thought, but to my knowledge he has never done this during the previous 20+ years of heartbreak and overdramatic poss.

This season was harder emotionally I think.

We started off looking unbeatable and then ended the season looking like we are a below average team.  We all had hope.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I took about 5-6 months off from this place once.. I came back and nobody even noticed I was gone.. nothin’..

There was quite a bit of celebration early which you probably missed.  😋

Things calmed down later. Welcome back. 

Almost bedtime……..

• Haha (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, Irv said:

He has a calcium deposit on his Medulla Oblongata.  Thoughts and prayers.  With regards to Ohio.  I spent a week there one day.  

This is a real condition, with varying levels of severity.  Are you posting with knowledge, or just attempting to be funny?

• Eyeroll 2

9 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I took about 5-6 months off from this place once.. I came back and nobody even noticed I was gone.. nothin’..

Wait this isn’t your first time posting here? I thought you were brand new 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I took a year off and then the Bills started playing well and it sucked me right back in 😈

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I took a year off and then the Bills started playing well and it sucked me right back in 😈

Your voluntary vacation was a reaction to drafting "wrong" Josh. It was an overreaction, but folks have their own idiosyncratic criteria.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Your voluntary vacation was a reaction to drafting "wrong" Josh. It was an overreaction, but folks have their own idiosyncratic criteria.

It was the result of a move that I saw as possibly setting this team back 4-5 years after already 20+ years of this nonsense, which I think when put in those terms is understandable given the circumstances. No previous metrics or analysis could have predicted this outcome. Josh is 1 of 1. We essentially hit the lottery.

Even worse than him being a total bust would have been if he was akin to Daniel Jones and getting a $40+ million a year contract. That was actually my worst fear and was still a strong possibility even after his first 2 seasons. "Well he's good enough" and "we haven't had anyone better in a long time" is the precursor to mediocrity.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It was the result of a move that I saw as possibly setting this team back 4-5 years after already 20+ years of this nonsense, which I think when put in those terms is understandable given the circumstances. No previous metrics or analysis could have predicted this outcome. Josh is 1 of 1. We essentially hit the lottery.

Even worse than him being a total bust would have been if he was akin to Daniel Jones and getting a $40+ million a year contract. That was actually my worst fear and was still a strong possibility even after his first 2 seasons. "Well he's good enough" and "we haven't had anyone better in a long time" is the precursor to mediocrity.

I was more sanguine about the pick, one of the few actually who was happy with it at the time. I remember chatting with you before the draft.

If your scenario had played out, of course, it would have been a disaster. I agree on Daniel Jones. I am a natural melancholic. The state of the world, my Church (I am Catholic), any number of factors often make it seem rather trivial to be so concerned with the Buffalo Bills, but then again, it is often a welcome distraction and this site has quite a few very well-informed posters that make it worthwhile. In any event, I am glad you are back and I hope Yolo is well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

For some reason, people here think that disliking the Josh pick was a stupid call at the time, because he has turned into what he is now.

It doesn't work that way.  I HATED the pick and we are all really, really lucky that Josh has turned into a one-in-a-million success story.

Maybe they always saw it as a HUGE risk, but with a HUGE upside, and thought "what the hell."

If that's true, I like the aggressive risk taking.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

For some reason, people here think that disliking the Josh pick was a stupid call at the time, because he has turned into what he is now.

It doesn't work that way.  I HATED the pick and we are all really, really lucky that Josh has turned into a one-in-a-million success story.

Maybe they always saw it as a HUGE risk, but with a HUGE upside, and thought "what the hell."

If that's true, I like the aggressive risk taking.

Initially hating the Josh pick makes you a rational thinker, not an irrational nut job as some will lead you to believe. And because he's good now doesn't make everyone who thought otherwise stupid. He's literally a unicorn. Good for us all!

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Initially hating the Josh pick makes you a rational thinker, not an irrational nut job as some will lead you to believe. And because he's good now doesn't make everyone who thought otherwise stupid. He's literally a unicorn. Good for us all!

Initially hating the pick could have meant anything..........it was certainly not proof that you were a rational thinker.

It's a QB driven league.........it was a very rational decision to take a swing at the player with the highest upside.

As I said at the time.......Allen would have been the #1 overall pick in more drafts than not in the 2000's just based on his skillset and what is typically available at QB..........so at #7 he was a worthwhile risk.   

The attitude around here at the time was very much like it is around the Jets fandom now..........."if we just had a competent QB everything would fall into place"...........well,  it turns out it takes more than that from the position and most fans don't realize that until they actually have a team in SB contention.

The reality is that a team should have a draft process and they should adhere to it..........that is rational thinking.

Since it's a thread about him........I will note that Yolo really hated the Josh Allen pick.........he went so far as to post lamentations about Dwayne Haskins being better than Josh Allen multiple times during the 2018 season.

• Agree 3

116k posts. Last seen 1 day before his/her 10 year mark of joining here.  

Either…

- Someone pissed him off in a PM

- 11k posts a year.  Burned out?  Wouldn’t be the first “active” member to disappear.  

- No longer with us. 

PS To put it in perspective, I have been here over 20 years, and only have 11k posts total.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This season was harder emotionally I think.

We started off looking unbeatable and then ended the season looking like we are a below average team.  We all had hope.

It's the hope that kills you.

Edited by vincec

36 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

116k posts. Last seen 1 day before his/her 10 year mark of joining here.  

Either…

- Someone pissed him off in a PM

- 11k posts a year.  Burned out?  Wouldn’t be the first “active” member to disappear.  

- No longer with us. 

PS To put it in perspective, I have been here over 20 years, and only have 11k posts total.

I said it before but he's all about giving people heads up on things, so to me it doesn't look good that he didn't give the community a heads up.

Hoping it's just a case of needing to go cold turkey for a bit.