[Misleading Title]

Thriftygamer83

Looking at all of the report that said sprain and not tear we now know it’s a tear and not a sprain.  It didn’t require surgery but this Coaching staff can see itself out.  No reasons whatsoever to risk future injury upon him.  Or if it had been severely torn affecting his entire career.  I literally have no defense for this staff whatsoever.  Those draconian methods of one more throw died in the NFL and for good reasons. My final thoughts on the matter.  
https://www.nfl.com/_amp/bills-qb-josh-allen-won-t-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-full-recovery-by-2023-

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Looking at all of the report that said sprain and not tear we now know it’s a tear and not a sprain.  It didn’t require surgery but this Coaching staff can see itself out.  No reasons whatsoever to risk future injury upon him.  Or if it had been severely torn affecting his entire career.  I literally have no defense for this staff whatsoever.  Those draconian methods of one more throw died in the NFL and for good reasons. My final thoughts on the matter.  

Uh, what?

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

What?  You don't think Josh continuing to play was done under careful consultation with team doctors?  The Bills are known to be very conservative with injuries.

This is just a bad take.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

You forgot "Now hear me out"

Fail. Go home. You're drunk.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

How do you know it’s a tear??? I have t seen anything about a tear. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-qb-josh-allen-won-t-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-full-recovery-by-2023-

Yeah, it was a partial tear, but not serious enough that doctors thought it required surgery.

I find it hard to believe people think McD is the type of guy that would jeopardize Josh's and the Team's entire future like that.

This coaching staff would probably be one of the first teams in the league to shut Josh down if they thought it was necessary.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

You took a lot of liberty with the English language with this post my friend; A LOT of liberty.

Me thinks you should not post while liquored up.

On a more serious note, thank you for the laughs.  Your post was funny and should age really well for you.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

A sprain is a partial tear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A sprain is a partial tear.

Yep, and the bottom line is they listened to the doctors.  This idea they somehow jeopardized his and the team's future is nonsense.  I don't even know where this is coming from.

Gotta be trolling.

Josh explained how it went down on the Pat Mcafee show. Doctors wanted him out 2-4 weeks. As he put it....I had other thoughts and said give me the prp shot right now, I won't throw until Saturday and we'll see how it feels then. It sounds to me like it was his call or he had a major say in it. Elbow talk starts at 1:20.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/bills-qb-josh-allen-won-t-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-full-recovery-by-2023-

So, the doctors and all the smart people with their fancy tests and equipment said he was good to go. Josh was all on board. But YOU want to get rid of the coaching staff because……they still wanted to take a shot at winning? They got it right. Relax. 

It was a partial tear, which I equate to a sprain. They were right, and Josh should be just fine. This is related to some other recent threads (and one in particular), if you know what I mean. 

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Dude, learn your medical lingo.  Your final thoughts on the matter will be of more value if you do

A sprain literally IS a tear to the ligaments. 

This is for ankles, but the same Grade I, II, III system holds true  for any ligament anywhere.

Allen's sprain was said at the time to be milder side Grade II, meaning stretching and some tearing (but not a complete tear) of the ligament.  That's why there were widespread reports at the time that he would miss 2-4 weeks.  He braced it and played through it, but it clearly affected his mechanics.

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

It was a partial tear, which I equate to a sprain. They were right, and Josh should be just fine. This is related to some other recent threads (and one in particular), if you know what I mean. 

Even a complete tear is technically a sprain. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Can this thread be closed?

Nah, where’s the entertainment in that? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

literally

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Aw geez.

It was a tear and then he played golf 

If I had been there at Pebble Beach , I would have been happy to push him over the cliff into the Pacific for being so reckless and selfish! 

Fortunately, I never would have gotten past security to push him, and I could push until the end of time and not move him off his spot. 

BUT, on the bright side, I would have been there at Pebble Beach, and there are worse places to be until the end of time!!! (The pub should be included, just sayin’.) 

• Haha (+1) 1