Unfounded rumor re: Edmunds Contract

jletha

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Best part is OP creating an unfounded rumor and then posting it in a thread called unfounded rumor..

He definitely has the whole Modern Journalism thing down.

Post a rumor on Twitter, News picks it up and reports on the Tweet, Use that News Story on your Tweet to confirm your rumor. Profit.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

120/6 would be Roquan money. I think that is too much.  120/7 comes in around $17m AAV. If that is well structured and moderate on guaranteed money I could get myself there. 

I'd be totally fine with matching the Roquan deal. Cheap first 2 years, reasonable 3rd year, and then you can get out. The $20M average is just the market we're going to have to get used to as fans.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd be totally fine with matching the Roquan deal. Cheap first 2 years, reasonable 3rd year, and then you can get out. The $20M average is just the market we're going to have to get used to as fans.

That is the market for elite linebackers. Just not sure Tremaine is that. $18m AAV is my ceiling price and I agree - must be escapable after 3 years if required. 

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Doesn’t make sense for Tremaine to have waited to sign a contract and risk injury.

If he resigns it is what it is. Would prefer to put all the resources to the offense. Tremaine has played well just not elite, still only 24 tho it feels like he has been a Bill forever

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the rumor is true, what are they waiting for? I was starting to think that since they haven't extended him yet he wants to test free agency.

He's going to have a hard time beating that in FA unless he's looking for more guaranteed money up front.  

The point about waiting so the team had more money last year makes no sense. If that was the case he could have still signed, had guaranteed money and it be structured in a way that still gave the team flexibility to sign Von & extend Diggs. I’m calling bull####

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

120/6 would be Roquan money. I think that is too much.  120/7 comes in around $17m AAV. If that is well structured and moderate on guaranteed money I could get myself there. 

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Fire Beane immediately if anything close to that happens 

The devil is all in the details.  Contract can be whatever amount they want, but all that matters is how the contract is structured, the amount guaranteed and how easily the team can get out of the contract before the big money hits, or how easily they could restructure it. The total dollar amounts are for the agents to show off to clients, but usually there is the "real contract" within the actual contract.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Given our cap situation, I would have to believe it's something similar to this because if it weren't, most of the cap space they could get from restructurings is already gone then.

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

If it’s really 3 years $45m, with all the non-guaranteed nonsense added to the last 3 years, I can live with that.  

Almost all contracts have the contract the agents can show off to prospective clients, and then the "actual contract" which is likely to be earned by the player in this deal.

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the might have to top or equal Smith if they go 7 years. It can be structured in a way that benefits the Bills as well.

6/120 would be mind numbing... 7/120, I could live with... and it might actually make sense to give Edmunds a massively long deal given how young he is.

Would allow for quite a bit of flexibility in terms of backloading and the ability to restructure down the line. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

That a good one, met his uncle at a basketball game 😂 

I remember this groundskeeper, years ago, at Sea World trying to convince me he was Jorge Posada’s father. My kid had on a Yankees shirt and he started the conversation. It ended with me saying Jorge must not like you if you have to work as a groundskeeper.

• Haha (+1) 1

If this is true, it’s great news. Edmunds is a must as a core player in this defense. Eventually, when Frazier is gone, and we go to a 3/4 or 4/3, his skills will transition to an outside LB who is in on pressure packages. My prediction is he improves every year and is destined to be an all-pro starting next year.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.