Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Can we stop with the Frazier excuses finally?  They did not have 3 OL starters

Not an excuse. The defense played like crap. But would we beat KC scoring 10 points? Offenses like the Bengals and Chiefs are never

going to be held under about 24. So we

lose this one even if Frazier hold them to 20. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but amidst all this Leslie Frazier bashing, it appears that we have scored … 10 points.

Feel he hasn’t been up to the challenge several times this year.  Dline should have been a menace all season, wasn’t that way.  Schemes start with the D coordinator which translates to what happens on the field.  Coaching up players is the positional coaches.  Players gotta play, but need to be put in the right position.

Defense couldn’t get off the field this half. We can say all we want about the offense, but they were losing possessions all day because of the D.

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Can we stop with the Frazier excuses finally?  They did not have 3 OL starters

This has been a TERRIBLE day for Frazier, even if some fans don't realize that.

The offense has been worse.

2 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

13 seconds and not even close

I have to disagree.  True, there is an initial intense heartbreak, but at least after that, you could have hope that they are close.    This is bad enough to make you question whether that the ship has sailed with this group and whether or not an overhaul is needed.   

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

It’s going to be UGLY after this one. Family falls apart real quickly after these kinds of season ending meltdowns…

You start to feel cursed.. and players then want out. Yeah, drastic… but the Bills are NOT a team on the upswing right now.

When I saw Diggs yelling at Josh I got a bad feeling. Seemed like everyone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That doesn't excuse the offense's performance today though. Everything looked so disjointed. Run game was mediocre, pass protection bad, no quick passing game schemed open. Worst offensive performance of the entire season at the worst possible time.

/?

Seriously.  Not sure why the meltdown on here is towards the D.  Were we supposed to win 10-9?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That doesn't excuse the offense's performance today though. Everything looked so disjointed. Run game was mediocre, pass protection bad, no quick passing game schemed open. Worst offensive performance of the entire season at the worst possible time.

The offense has been disjointed since the break.  It had its moments and made some plays, but I'm not sure it's put together a complete game since the break

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bills didn't even seem fired up for this game, low energy all day. Kind of like they knew they had no answer 

i think the MNF game was very telling of what to expect today from our defense. Unfortunately would have liked the offense to score at least 24 points themselves to keep it close.

at this point I say blow it all up. The only player that should be guaranteed a spot back is Allen. Everyone else needs to earn the job or I listen to phone calls on trades. That includes our studs under contract like Diggs and Milano.  I at least listen to trade offers. 

the team is going backwards. Division and conference are getting tougher. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

You ain’t getting a second for Oliver. Maybe a 4th at best with the contract he will want 

My lord, Oliver for a 2nd?  take that in a nanosecond.

Oliver has played like he could get us maybe a 6th from a desperate team. 

I have been saying this, as did DaQuan Jones, he is just too small.  He looked so small today compared to both Ankou and the Cinn OL.  yet, to be fair to Ed, we have other issues on DEF.  But Ed is one.

Again, he seems like a good dude, but we need big nasty DL men....and ones that can tackle.

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Im more worried what the after effects of this game are going to be. Have we peaked? The division got tougher. We’ve got serious issues with the roster. We could honestly be in for a big regression next year

Everyone that reacted to 13 seconds last year like I did knew this fact almost instantly when it was over.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1