Man just about every single person on ESPN picking the Bengals

78thealltimegreat

The Bengals are a very good team and they are perfectly capable of coming in here and beating us in our own stadium.  They and the Chiefs are the only two teams I put in the category of "As Good as Buffalo."  No NFC teams are as good as we are, but two of our AFC rivals are and we're playing one of them this weekend.  

So no, of course Burrow doesn't feel like his team should be underdogs.  They're about as good as we are, and honestly I'm surprised the line is as large as it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Followed up on The Herd with Colin Cowherd stating “cincinatti will blow them out”

interesting comments and commentary consistently flowing from FS1 media personnel 

He contradicted himself... yesterday he said if Cappa was out he'd lean Bills.... and NOW he says they will blow us out?

I ALWAYS respond with CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Well Joe... Prove the nation of bettors wrong and you will be the favorite!

Oh... Usually w/2 equal teams, standard line is about -3 to the home team, especially for a playoff game.  So -5.5 isn't too much off... 

And it started at -2.5 and only moved in order for Vegas to balance out the money.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Every expert on ESPN just said that they would rather start their team with Joe Burrow than Josh Allen.  So there's a little extra motivation for Josh

What is ESPN? Is that some kind of sport Network from way back when, when they used to be worth a damn?

ESPN is trash.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

The media get hot and cold on the Bills depending on when the wind blows.  I dont care if they made mistakes or that Josh in unpredictable. What worries me is when they are going to peak. I still think we havent seen the best of this team yet and even without Miller they can win it all. They are better with the intangibles than Cincy. 

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Every expert on ESPN just said that they would rather start their team with Joe Burrow than Josh Allen.  So there's a little extra motivation for Josh

his motivation is to win the Superbowl. Guessing he blocks this stuff off and figures it's a waste of time....which it is

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They are but hurt because of last year.

The KC-BFLo game was the SB.

so we lost another Superbowl?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

his motivation is to win the Superbowl. Guessing he blocks this stuff off and figures it's a waste of time....which it is

so we lost another Superbowl?

Yup... Or maybe they don't. 

You saw how they came at Bills dirty. Sweeping Josh's knee. Driving Johnson's head to the dangerous turf in Cincy.  

God intervened. Said enough is enough for that game. 😆... The Bengals definitely feel disrespected. 

53 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I was going to put Bills, but then changed it to PUSH. You won't get an argument from me.

The difference in the game is whether or not Jordan Phillips plays. No DL pressure, more blitzes, more of an opportunity for Burrow to beat us.

Speaking of which I sure hope he plays. While we only have 3 losses by 8 points, to me he has been a disappointment due to availability. They need to shoot him up, slap him up, tell him the Bengals are badmouthin his Momma, whatever, he has gotta show up and ball.

Edited by nosejob
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I see nothing wrong with Burrow feeling that way, in fact, I would expect that from a team that won as many games as they did.

While they lost one more game than us, our game was cancelled where they were leading and moving the ball at ease that could have seen them take over the #2 seed if they went on to win that game.   

They represented the AFC in the Super Bowl last year, they have beaten KC 3 times between this year and last year who are still considered the favorites despite being 1-5 over the last 6 games since last year against Cincy and Buffalo, and Buffalo just got taken down to the wire by a team everyone expected we would blow out.  

Why is anyone surprised he doesn't feel like an underdog?  And why would anyone take exception to the fact that he doesn't think he is the underdog?  

Truth is, this game to me is more of a coin flip.  If we can control our own mistakes, we should win this game, but if we don't get pressure on Burrow and give them extra chances with turnovers, then we will have a hard time winning this game.  These are two very good football teams, the margin of error on both sides is small.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

That whole Bengals team is one cocky bunch!

For what it's worth, when we are this deep into the playoffs, I kinda wish our crew would be less "Humble" and more "Hyped & Hungry". Start fast, execute, take the fight to them and knock em in the mouth before they know what hit em. Be the bully for once.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

no pressure at all? really? go ahead and run with that.

I get so sick of hearing...If you blitz Burrow, he'll kill ya. Well I'll take that bet. We don't have to send T.J. or a corner. We can alternate Edmunds, Milano and A.J on early downs, get them in 3rd and long. They'll never know whose coming.... and send Neal or T.J. or whatever on 3rd if need be.

Hell put Boogie or Shaq on the inside and run a  5-2-4. But for Godsake don't run that stale old ass rush four 1990 defense and give Burrow all day. (especially if you're playing Eli). This game screams defensive scheming. Give Burrow the Mike White treatment. Take the 15, IDGAF. Punish!

BTW, it was great to see them finally playing some press man. Tre did good at that. If he and Elam can knock Chase and Boyd off their timing at the line, our rush can get home and we can cause turnovers.

Edited by nosejob
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For what it's worth, when we are this deep into the playoffs, I kinda wish our crew would be less "Humble" and more "Hyped & Hungry". Start fast, execute, take the fight to them and knock em in the mouth before they know what hit em. Be the bully for once.

Start of the Dolphins game we definitely rubbed their faces in the dirt and took their lunch.  But their lunch had a couple Capri Suns in it and we got a little too excited.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Start of the Dolphins game we definitely rubbed their faces in the dirt and took their lunch.  But their lunch had a couple Capri Suns in it and we got a little too excited.

Ehh, maybe a bit, but a lot of that was the Dolphin's plan to sell out in Cover 0 all day, and the early bombs hit but the late ones missed and it almost worked for them.

Would really love to see Dorsey start with a 2 headed running attack with, funny enough, Cook and Allen. Let Josh calm down with some designed runs. Let the OL find a rhythm and work a good froth taking the fight TO the DL instead of sitting back in pass pro and taking the hits. Give the Defense a lot to think about. Then sit back and kill them with play action the rest of the day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Being a bully and being cocky are 2 totally different things. I saw a Bengals that team that needed a ton of breaks to beat a punch less Ravens team……I’d understand a team like the Eagles or 49ers being cocky but the Bengals?!?!

On 1/18/2023 at 1:26 PM, Success said:

Every narrative I read now is "bumbling Allen."   The Bills COULD win, but our many turnovers will result in a loss.

Give me a break.  He was perfect in the postseason last year.  The team got all of their mistakes out of the way against Miami.

I'm not usually one to be over-confident, but I don't think this one is particularly close, especially w/ Cincy's O-line situation.  We're going to look like we did for some of those games in September & October.

Like the confidence, but Allen's been bumbling for probably the last four or five weeks.  It just seems like the Bills get sloppy with big leads or against bad teams.  I hope to heck you're right.  

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

100% agree. During the Damar Hamlin game this is exactly how Cincy came out to play. They were setting a very physical (if not slightly dirty) tone early on. It's part of how they rise up to the other top teams in the AFC and it is effective for them. 3-0 vs KC recently is no joke. (Buffalo 2-1 in same span). KC and Buffalo are willing to finesse each other and let the score come down to the last quarter. That is NOT Cincy's game, though with their weapons they are more than capable of doing that too.

The extra stuff with Hendrickson on Allen and Hurst on our DB are examples. They were not the most egregious of physical/ dirty play but they were intent on setting a tone very early that this was going to be a physical dog fight among peers, and they were going to take it to Buffalo.

Meanwhile our Bills were showing up like it was a gentleman's dual at 10 paces.

Those AFC North games feature a lot of talent but delve into slobber knockers to help even the field and set tone. Indy built a tough OL and DF7, Baltimore never shies from a physical game on O or D, Cincy always has an enforcer or two to set a tone and rises to those teams, Pittsburgh is usually willing and able to mix it up.

Buffalo needs to be ready and willing to do that too. I'm just not sure who on our team has that grit. Allen,Knox sure. On defense, who is our enforcer or psychopath? It astounds me how Buffalo has a top 5 defense with almost no identity this entire era. I was happy to see the OL get in and mix it up with Wilkinson last week. We need that fire from play one this week.

Cincy can beat you a couple of different ways, and they are not shy about setting a tone. I'm not saying play dirty, or that Cincy is necessarily dirty, but the Bills need to realize they will probably be battered and bruised after this game, and Cincy will be out to set a tone early.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think you need to distinguish between what the Bills and their coaches say, and how they plan to play

The Evil Hoodie and his Tom minion were great at praising the other team in a flat monotone every presser before they walked on the field and proceeded to rip off heads and piss on the bodies

Nothing a team says prevents them from being physical and executing at a high level

1 hour ago, chaccof said:

Like the confidence, but Allen's been bumbling for probably the last four or five weeks.  It just seems like the Bills get sloppy with big leads or against bad teams.  I hope to heck you're right.  

In the last 5 weeks he has been responsible for 15 touchdowns the standards for him are so ridiculously high anymore it’s not even funny 

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Josh Allen isn't going to fumble the ball this Sunday. The media been killing him all over TV and Youtube. So the chances of Josh Allen fumbling is low. I think he's not getting picked off either.

He will surely go in with that intent, but it will have everything to do with not wanting to let his coaches and teammates down and nothing to do with the media.  IMO

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, nosejob said:

I get so sick of hearing...If you blitz Burrow, he'll kill ya. Well I'll take that bet. We don't have to send T.J. or a corner. We can alternate Edmunds, Milano and A.J on early downs, get them in 3rd and long. They'll never know whose coming.... and send Neal or T.J. or whatever on 3rd if need be.

Hell put Boogie or Shaq on the inside and run a  5-2-4. But for Godsake don't run that stale old ass rush four 1990 defense and give Burrow all day. (especially if you're playing Eli). This game screams defensive scheming. Give Burrow the Mike White treatment. Take the 15, IDGAF. Punish!

BTW, it was great to see them finally playing some press man. Tre did good at that. If he and Elam can knock Chase and Boyd off their timing at the line, our rush can get home and we can cause turnovers.

Yeah, I was estatic about them finally playing press man.  I said earlier in the year the Bills never do that but they needed to against Miami.  Especially if Tua played.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.